Alliance Laundry Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael D. Schoeb

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Alliance"

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time

Pros

Fast pace environment, good pay

Cons

Upper management, high over turn rate

2. "National Sales Manager Home Laundry"

I worked at Alliance Laundry full-time

Pros

Lower base salary but nice bonus structure

Cons

Politics in the sales group

Advice to Management

open your eyes and your mind with the talented people you have!

3. "Mixed Experiences"

Former Employee - Software Designer in Ripon, WI
    Former Employee - Software Designer in Ripon, WI

I worked at Alliance Laundry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many great coworkers. The help desk was always willing to act, and when you needed assistance from HR it was always quick.

Cons

You work in a very small town.
    Parking is terrible.
    They treat plant workers horribly and tend to go through several.
    No loyalty to employees.
    No communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better or you will lose them all. I was told by upper management the hardest part of the hiring process is finding somebody to work in Ripon, but they don't work to keep the ones they get.

4. "Focusing More on the Customer, Less on the Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ripon, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ripon, WI

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time

Pros

Good Average Pay for the Local Area, but not so much Nationally.

Decent Benefits.

Job Security due to company doing well.

Updating buildings currently to be newer.

Actively trying to expand company.

Updates are generally given quarterly on status of company.

Location is easy to get to.

Cons

Low Raises, departments/managers are given a set amount of money to work with so for someone to get a good raise, someone else must get a worse raise. Total amount of money allocated is not based so much on profitability of the company. Some Profit Sharing would be desirable.

Updating buildings currently, construction is distracting/disruptive to some, and work areas for many employees are decreasing in size which I believe will be less productive long term.

Upper Management (VP and above) like to say how profitable we are and how we were so profitable in 2008 even with the economic crisis, but that profit really wasn't passed to the employees. For instance, in 2008 two rounds of Layoffs occurred, and then a 10% pay cut for those who remained after the Layoffs, but yet the company made huge profits and brags about it??? That is supposed to give us a warm and fuzzy about the company we work for? Why not give some ownership such as stock in the company, and/or small bit of the profit to the employees to give us a better sense of being valuable employees with a stake in the company for when it does good or bad?

Also, the factory could use more automation if company has problems finding workers for the floor. The Union should not stand in the way of more automation, especially in areas that people don't want to work to begin with.

Advice to Management

Though it is good to update buildings in order to impress customers, the employees are only getting some benefit with updates. Newer is generally better, but having more personal space is more ideal over shared spaces. Being able to collaborate within our own desk area with others with ample table space, and directly at our own computers is better. Employees want to be relaxed at work as we get more done that way, having bigger personal work areas is much more relaxing and helps muffle noise from others when we are more spread out and have more space in general. Quit trying to squeeze more people into smaller areas. Buy another building or build more office space. We live in the Midwest in more rural areas and like our personal space and it is much cheaper to expand here than in a big city. Definitely care about the customers, but also take time to care about employees and what we want and make our office areas a place we want to spend our day in, because face it, we spend more time at work than at most other places, so make it as comfortable as possible and we will be better workers.

I'd be willing to bet that some great employees will be looking for other jobs in the near future as other companies provide a better and bigger work area than what this company is moving towards. Plus when this company gives single digit % raises, a sought after employee can easily get double digit % raises by moving to another company. Value your long term employees and treat them right. Set the standards high and it will be a win/win/win for everyone (Company/Customer/Employee).

Bonuses are nice to get if we get them, but when we do, it seems that raises are even smaller in those years and so our long term salary suffers as a result of lost compounding.

Quit being so backwards, construction planning for the Engineering/Marketing building should be better planned and so should everything else. It seems like minds are constantly being changed and that there are many unknowns always. Clearer direction is needed in a more timely manner.

"Terrible unless you have connections or the right boss."

Current Employee - Salary in Ripon, WI
    Current Employee - Salary in Ripon, WI

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lax work environment with loose management and selective accountability. You can wear almost anything you want because your in Ripon, WI.

Cons

Ridiculous line rates that burn people out. Pathetic compensation. Zero advancement opportunities unless you are connected to someone in management.

Advice to Management

Treat your salary employees as good as you treat the hourly people, pay a living wage, and take advantage of lean manufacturing principles to batter manage labor and process capacities.

6. "Assembly"

I worked at Alliance Laundry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The jobs within the plant weren't too hard, good benefits and friendly people.

Cons

Sometimes missing parts or not very organized.

7. "Software Evaluator"

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time

Pros

Flexible, at your own pace, good work environment

Cons

Boring, not stimulating, poor supervision

8. "Uc line"

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time

Pros

Consistent work, fast paced, morning updates

Cons

No air, people are horrible, no communication

Advice to Management

Never see, no communication, no effort

9. "Opportunities"

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time

Pros

High growth environment; market leader; structured management, opportunity for advancement

Cons

smaller town; limited parking;

"Working at Alliance"

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Alliance operates with a great degree of integrity and is a leader leader in its industry. It is a good place to work and cares about its employees.

Cons

While the values of this company are very much rooted in its Midwestern location, it has a tough time dealing with the demands of faster paced markets that also work with completely different dynamics.

Advice to Management

Recognize the the middle of the organization is not prepared nor trained with other parts of the country that operate on a different pace.