Alliance Laundry Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Alliance Laundry President and CEO Michael D. Schoeb
Michael D. Schoeb

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "We are a growing company with a track record of success" (in 7 reviews)

• "Pay is good, not far to drive, hours were good" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management has no clue what they're doing, and the executive team is just as clueless" (in 3 reviews)

• "leader left on the executive team or upper management" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Associated Manufacture Engineering"

I worked at Alliance Laundry full-time

Pros

Great team, helps build up your experience, and they have a lot of upper management as great resources.

Cons

Moving up in the company is slow.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Buyer"

I worked at Alliance Laundry full-time

Pros

Growing company, fast paced environment.

Cons

Ultra conservative culture, sometimes racist

3. "Look somewhere else"

I worked at Alliance Laundry full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people you work with.

Cons

Horrible culture. Executive team could care less about you. Would rather “retire” a good tenured employee and bring someone in from outside to pay them less. There’s not one “true” leader left on the executive team or upper management. They all “retired”.

Advice to Management

Learn how to lead. Leaders admire the fact that they don’t know everything and respect the team they build around them enough to debate and disagree. Don’t be so scared of being wrong. Your team should challenge decisions. It means they care.

"Happy to work here"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Ripon, WI
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Ripon, WI

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Always growing and seeing chances for advancement. Get to interact with a lot of different people in other departments that are like me. Have a great boss and challenges me to give my best. Pay is fair and aligns with the local industry.

Cons

Being able to keep up and finish what I planned for the day doesn't always happen because we are short staffed.

Advice to Management

Hire more leadership people to do the behind the scenes work. It appears that there aren't enough support people to hit the goals. Get more parts management people so parts are available quicker.

"Growing"

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very stable! It's been here for 110 years and with all of the money they're investing back into the company, it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere any time soon. They're trying to grow very rapidly and add a lot of new jobs.

Alliance is very profitable and has a great reputation in the market. The machines are incredibly expensive, but people are willing to pay because they'll last for most of your lifetime. Global leader in the commercial laundry segment, but very little hold in the household market.

A lot of the office folks have moved up from the floor because the company cares about helping you make a career here and helping to adjust when life changes come up.

They'll reimburse you for your schooling on day one to get an education in any field you want to.

They care about bringing in friends and family because they think it'll make the team stronger, so there's a good referral bonus.

New employee orientation is now a week long to help new folks get acclimated and learn some of the nuances before they get out to the shop floor.

Cons

They don't advertise very much and the machines are not sold in big box stores so most people don't know the brands unless they're familiar with laundromats.

There is a decent amount of overtime from trying to grow so rapidly- good or bad- depends on your view point and how much money you want to make if you're hourly.

Communication could be better within the whole company. There are a lot of great features and benefits the company offers, but a lot of people don't know about them.

"No Clue"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ripon, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ripon, WI

I worked at Alliance Laundry full-time

Pros

The only thing decent is the pay and benefits, but Alliance has to offer such a good package to get any decent professionals to come to Ripon, WI.

Cons

Management has no clue what they're doing, and the executive team is just as clueless. There is zero effort to train employees, and the culture is a joke. There's zero business sense, and everything is always about how to make a quick buck and cut corners versus caring about people.

Advice to Management

Clean house starting with yourself. Learn to train your employees because if you don't train, you'll never retain them.

7. "supervisor"

Pros

I don't have anything good to say

Cons

Get yourselves out of the 1950s and join the new century

8. "Personal Experiance with this Company"

Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Ripon, WI
    Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Ripon, WI

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been apart of this company for 7 years total. I left and came back after leaving on a good note (putting in a 2 weeks notice and fulfilling my duties within those 2 weeks before I exited the doors) and the understanding that if I ever needed to come back the doors would be open to me. After being gone for 3 years I have always felt that this was the place I wanted to be apart of because I believe in the direction of the company and have always felt like I was apart of a family atmosphere even after I left. I have kept in contact with employees who still work here at Alliance Laundry and have only heard that Alliance is growing and getting better everyday! There are amazing opportunities to grow and make a career with in the walls of Alliance Laundry. I intend to stay with this company to the very end of my career. Alliance is a great place to retire and a great place to call home away from home.

Cons

I feel that the cons of the company have been addressed before I came back! The company needed to invest back into the simple things that can make the work day frustrating. Examples:
    #1 Needed to expand areas to fulfill the incoming orders, they did it and are continuing to expand!
    #2 Need to add more information to the orientation before people are placed in their position on the shop floor for a better understanding on how this company works from a factory setting before a person starts. They have made a HUGE improvement on that! Amazing new orientation that is now a 5 day process instead of a partial day.
    #3 Listening to the people who make their company successful and let their voices be heard. Management has been a very big part of that and I applaud that since this is a union based company.

Advice to Management

My advise to the management team is to continue to engage yourselves on the shop floor. line workers love to see you out there engaging yourselves with the union workers and shows pride that your apart of the family. Here at Alliance I have noticed that the workers NEED to know that they are doing a good job and that positive re enforcement is a huge part of staying or leaving a job in general. Being here everyday is a good thing, but being here and being told you're appreciated and that your doing a great job and that these workers are valued by management is even better. Stay positive and engage while even walking by with a simple smile or even a quick wave makes the world of difference. If your know that workers name, use it.

9. "A great place to work with many opportunities for advancement."

Current Employee - Lean Facilitator in Ripon, WI
    Current Employee - Lean Facilitator in Ripon, WI

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay. Great benefits. Lots of opportunities to move up in the company. Reimbursement for college from day 1. The company is willing to work with you, if you put in the effort.

Cons

Overtime due to high turnover, but management is working on it. Communication could be better in some cases, but it has come a long way.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to improve communication. This is an important piece for us to grow as company.

"Customer support representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ripon, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ripon, WI

I have been working at Alliance Laundry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay check, and there are benefits.

Cons

Once you are hired, there is no advancement, just work and possibly a 2 percent pay increase, no matter how much work you take on.

Advice to Management

Get your HR department fixed and start offering advancement opportunities to current employees, stop hiring from outside. There are many talented people who leave after several years of working for the company because they get passed up on advancement. If you know a boss very well, you can get in this company with no experience or schooling, however if you don't know a manager, then you will be required to have a top degree with years of experience.