Alliance Marketing Group 12 Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 7, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Terry Lawson

1. "Junior Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Junior Marketing Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Marketing Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teaches you great work ethic
    You learn a lot on the job

Cons

Weird hours, hard environment, pursuing higher education is not encouraged

Advice to Management

ENCOURAGE YOUR EMPLOYEES TO GET AN EDUCATION. COLLEGE DEGREE AND HIGHER

"Entry-Level Marketing/Sales"

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Okay, I'll be honest, there is only one pro. The atmosphere at the office is incredibly positive, but they have to make it seem that way for such a bad job. Besides, you will never be at the office anyway.

Cons

SCAM SCAM SCAM! SERIOUSLY THIS IS A PYRAMID SCHEME!

If their pyramid-shaped building isn't enough of a sign, then read this review.

You are soliciting. You are bothering people in offices with REAL jobs. They are kicking you out because you will be hassling them. You will be walking 10 miles a day doing door-to-door soliciting. You will be working TWELVE hours a day. Oh, and you will be selling FAKE makeup. You will be lying about some GREAT deal you are providing to the 'customers,' but remember, you are part of an unethical business. This "deal" is fake, this is how the makeup company makes their money. The company promises you that you will be running your own business in a few months, this is unrealistic, and you won't. You won't be making half the money they promise you.

I am shocked as to how this company is even legal. Completely unethical.

I am only writing this review to hopefully save someone from accepting any offer. They are accepting everyone... Just know that.

Advice to Management

Advice to management: stop this. Stop fooling people into thinking they will be doing marketing. This is NOT marketing.

Advice to applicants: run away. Their promises will not be kept. Trust me, your degree is worth more than this.

Comment to employees: you are lucky, that you are so ignorantly bliss.

"Good Experience, a lot of learning!!"

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alliance Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of learning, growth opportunity and team work. You learn more and more about yourself and the professional you are on a daily basis working closely with your peers and businesses in the area. Your coworkers are not only coworkers, they become your friends and family.

Cons

Lots of hard work but success doesn't come easy without working hard.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing, you are building a strong company full of leaders!

"Account Manager"

Pros

I never learned so much than I did working with Alliance Marketing Group. YES, it drains you mentally. YES, it requires hard work. NO, it is NOT a scam. If you are someone who lacks any drive or persistence for success, then it is not for you, which, sadly is the majority of this generation and the reason for these bad reviews about this place.

The opportunity to make money is truly there. The question of whether it is a scam or not is completely irrelevant. The money is THERE. Rather, the question is are you willing to work hard for the opportunity? I was making about 700-800 dollars a week while I was there. Unfortunately, I am not there anymore because of a very isolated situation that put me on a different path. So, take this unbiased review from someone who is not currently employed there, was a former employee, and came out of it "unsuccessful", but has a very positive outlook of Alliance. As far as SCAM? Not at all.

And yes, people are right. It's not for everyone. Some people are okay with being an unhappy employee forever in debt. Some people are okay with working in someone else's empire instead of building their own. But, to each their own, I guess.

Cons

The only con is the battle you fight with your own self, mentally.

Advice to Management

Avoid lazy

"hard work but worth every moment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alliance Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Alliance isn't for the weak minded, obviously, since most of the reviews of this amazing company are from people who aren't so excited. Which makes sense considering people who are excited don't usually go out of their way to write, so I am.

Consequently, yes we work long hours which was explained to me prior to being selected to work with the company, but I understood the purpose was due to having to learn all aspects of this field and industry in such a short period of time .

I am a recent grad, and unfortunately, most interviews I went on were requiring experience, or paying very low, commission only w/o training. Because I didn't have a ton of experience and needed the training I selected to work with this company primarily, because they offered paid training, (which means you get paid to learn) and I would be able to increase my knowledge and my income in a short period of time.

The staff and management here are like family, everyone is all on the same page and trying help one another grow and develop. I love who I work with, I love being able to learn and I am very very excited to complete the training program.

I have been with the company for 3 months, I have already been promoted twice and am currently training, managing and developing 5 other brand ambassadors. I make great money (usually 1000-1200 per week), and I am able to coach other people too. If anyone continues to read all of the crazy reviews, which most aren't even related to anything that we do, please be smart and google other major companies reviews and see that regardless of what they do most have negatives. There's not one company that doesn't because you can't please everyone

Cons

It is time consuming, and mentally exhausting at some points, but I accepted the position to grow and stretch my comfort zone so that exactly what I am doing everyday.

Advice to Management

LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING WHERE YOU ARE. THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY !!!

"SCAM"

Former Employee - Entry Level Marketer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Marketer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros whatsoever for this scam. I have no idea why this company is still around whatsoever it is extremely unethical!

Cons

The interviewer will try to trick you into thinking you're going to be getting a prestigious position. RUN!!!!!!!! This is a full fledged scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me this is not worth your time, go elsewhere if you're smart!!!!

Advice to Management

STOP SCAMMING COLLEGE GRADS WHO DON'T KNOW BETTER!!!!!!

"You are better than this"

Former Employee - Social Media Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

There are no pros for the job except for the people that work there. Some usually don't last long but in general the people that work there are fed up with there lives and think this is the answer. They think this is the best they can be doing because they convince them that it is. They promise them that this will eventually make them successful and full on rich and it's all a lie, if they only knew there is more to life than this.

Cons

So my pros where cons, so here comes more cons. IT'S A SCAM. Don't look it over, don't think it twice, just don't work here. Your time is worth so much more than working for a man that brainwashes recent grads, or general young people to work for him. Convinces you that this will make you great and it's a lie. They don't pay you what they say they will and you work waaay over time. Just don't get desperate, you'll find a job, I promise. Don't work for people that have absolutely no work ethic.

Advice to Management

Do something that is more worth your time and something that makes you happy, something you are good at. You can't possible just be good at at walking around all day asking people for their money in exchange of some cheap make made in China

9. "marketing rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alliance Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The family unit environment. Everyone here really cares about the growth and the development of the team. They also care about your goals an aspirations and help you accomplish those goals. Love the fun , positive environment, road trips, the travel, the networking. OVER ALL POSITIVE WORK CULTURE. Most of all I love the mentorship and leadership with this company, Every person has started off at entry level so everyone is there to help you grow.

Cons

This is a fast paced management training program, and a lot can come at you at once sometimes. Also That they currently aren't yet representing the client in another country. I'm looking to move abroad and transfer out. But all that means is there is space to grow in another country some where.

Advice to Management

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

10. "Happy, Happy"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Boulder, CO

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked on reset team, co-workers were very competent and worked hard. Guaranteed 40 hours a week. The management was fabulous !!! Never been happier.

Cons

We had a lot of unpaid time off around holidays, usually the entire week of every major holiday and 6 weeks off from mid-November until the first of the year.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome.

"Sales team (I guess)"

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time

Pros

The people there know how to have fun and they are ignorantly bliss. The building is also pretty nice. You get to work for really rich people.

Cons

This Job is a Pyramid Scheme. I worked at the San Diego office and the building was literally shaped like a pyramid... They make you illegally solicit and approach people in the parking lot at Ralph's to try and sell bags of make up you don't know anything about. They will try and mask it like they will give you a "company in a bag" in six months, but they won't. I don't know HOW this business is legal... 14 hour days sometimes and no hourly rate.

Advice to Management

Get out before your company crumbles beneath you. I know you are smart because you were able to trick so many people (myself included), but this business is not ethical and serves no real purpose besides bothering people and degrading the employees.