Alliance Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Alliance Marketing Group Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2018

2.3
Alliance Marketing Group Principal Terry Lawson (no image)
Terry Lawson

"Account Manager"

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group

Pros

I never learned so much than I did working with Alliance Marketing Group. YES, it drains you mentally. YES, it requires hard work. NO, it is NOT a scam. If you are someone who lacks any drive or persistence for success, then it is not for you, which, sadly is the majority of this generation and the reason for these bad reviews about this place. The opportunity to make money is truly there. The question of whether it is a scam or not is completely irrelevant. The money is THERE. Rather, the question is are you willing to work hard for the opportunity? I was making about 700-800 dollars a week while I was there. Unfortunately, I am not there anymore because of a very isolated situation that put me on a different path. So, take this unbiased review from someone who is not currently employed there, was a former employee, and came out of it "unsuccessful", but has a very positive outlook of Alliance. As far as SCAM? Not at all. And yes, people are right. It's not for everyone. Some people are okay with being an unhappy employee forever in debt. Some people are okay with working in someone else's empire instead of building their own. But, to each their own, I guess.

Cons

The only con is the battle you fight with your own self, mentally.

Advice to Management

Avoid lazy

Alliance Marketing Group2016-09-07

"hard work but worth every moment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Alliance isn't for the weak minded, obviously, since most of the reviews of this amazing company are from people who aren't so excited. Which makes sense considering people who are excited don't usually go out of their way to write, so I am. Consequently, yes we work long hours which was explained to me prior to being selected to work with the company, but I understood the purpose was due to having to learn all aspects of this field and industry in such a short period of time . I am a recent grad, and unfortunately, most interviews I went on were requiring experience, or paying very low, commission only w/o training. Because I didn't have a ton of experience and needed the training I selected to work with this company primarily, because they offered paid training, (which means you get paid to learn) and I would be able to increase my knowledge and my income in a short period of time. The staff and management here are like family, everyone is all on the same page and trying help one another grow and develop. I love who I work with, I love being able to learn and I am very very excited to complete the training program. I have been with the company for 3 months, I have already been promoted twice and am currently training, managing and developing 5 other brand ambassadors. I make great money (usually 1000-1200 per week), and I am able to coach other people too. If anyone continues to read all of the crazy reviews, which most aren't even related to anything that we do, please be smart and google other major companies reviews and see that regardless of what they do most have negatives. There's not one company that doesn't because you can't please everyone

Cons

It is time consuming, and mentally exhausting at some points, but I accepted the position to grow and stretch my comfort zone so that exactly what I am doing everyday.

Advice to Management

LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING WHERE YOU ARE. THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY !!!

Alliance Marketing Group2016-08-29
  3. "marketing rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The family unit environment. Everyone here really cares about the growth and the development of the team. They also care about your goals an aspirations and help you accomplish those goals. Love the fun , positive environment, road trips, the travel, the networking. OVER ALL POSITIVE WORK CULTURE. Most of all I love the mentorship and leadership with this company, Every person has started off at entry level so everyone is there to help you grow.

Cons

This is a fast paced management training program, and a lot can come at you at once sometimes. Also That they currently aren't yet representing the client in another country. I'm looking to move abroad and transfer out. But all that means is there is space to grow in another country some where.

Advice to Management

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

Alliance Marketing Group2016-03-24
  4. "Happy, Happy"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Boulder, CO

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked on reset team, co-workers were very competent and worked hard. Guaranteed 40 hours a week. The management was fabulous !!! Never been happier.

Cons

We had a lot of unpaid time off around holidays, usually the entire week of every major holiday and 6 weeks off from mid-November until the first of the year.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome.

Alliance Marketing Group2016-02-02
  5. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Social Worker in Miami, FL

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome company great management

Cons

Hunter, cold calling, long hours

Advice to Management

N/A

Alliance Marketing Group2017-06-06

"Junior Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Junior Marketing Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Teaches you great work ethic You learn a lot on the job

Cons

Weird hours, hard environment, pursuing higher education is not encouraged

Advice to Management

ENCOURAGE YOUR EMPLOYEES TO GET AN EDUCATION. COLLEGE DEGREE AND HIGHER

Alliance Marketing Group2017-02-08
  7. "Not for everyone"

I have been working at Alliance Marketing Group

Pros

Great for anyone that is looking to get into the field who do not have the prior experience. You get hands on advice and connection with managers. the willingness for

Cons

I went in thinking this would be more of an office job, with a stable environment and with a few visits to the stores a month. You tend to pester a lot of people in the field, and the hours are slightly inconvenient.

Advice to Management

Turn down the music in Atomosphere meetings, sometimes the songs are too distracting for the creative minds to process or retain information.

Alliance Marketing Group2016-02-03

"Not such a great opportunity"

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group

Pros

Room for growth within the company

Cons

Most people don't make it to the top. High turnover rate. No base salary. Expected to work 6 days a week about 10 hours a day.

Alliance Marketing Group2015-12-01

"Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Diego, CA

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time

Pros

i can't think of anything. maybe the poeple? but they are all so brainwashed

Cons

let's start with everything! they lure you in with promises of making you an "entrepreneur" and tell you that if you work hard you will make 6 figures a year. complete BS!! They tell you you'll be working from 7-7 but you're stuck in the office until about 8:30 so they can count all the money you made that day. They tell you that working saturdays is "optional" but then make you feel like a bad person if you don't show up. The employees are all young and impressionable fresh out of college. They make you approach EVERYBODY. One girl that I shadowed actually had me walk into a therapist office while she was in session! IF YOU ARE OFFERED A JOB HERE RUN FAR AWAY!!!!

Advice to Management

stop taking advantage and promising young people the prospect of being rich. this company is total bull

Alliance Marketing Group2017-09-07

"Alliance Marketing Group"

Former Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will lose weight, working and walking constantly

Cons

Ttotal scam, keep notes on all conversations if you can even get one with HR. This is beyond worthless.

Advice to Management

How does this work for you? Kharma can really happen. Tell the truth or better yet, get a different outlook and try something new. Also your two fake postings on here were done by HR

Alliance Marketing Group2017-05-19