Alliance Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Alliance Marketing Group Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2018

2.3
Alliance Marketing Group Principal Terry Lawson (no image)
Terry Lawson

"Job interview the person interviewing me didn't even turn up for!!¡"

I have been working at Alliance Marketing Group full-time

Pros

It's not very pro to deliberately not inform someone not to come in as the office was closed.

Cons

Well how do I start? I went to alliance marketing today as I was given the opportunity of a job interview to work there. Spent my time finding out about company product etc as as you for job interview, tools money out my bank to travel from colcColche to the office location in canning town at 3pm only to find the entrance locked and the office closed. I phoned the person who organised the job interview with me for him to say "the office is closed as we decided to not open today as we have a festival on" IF YOU HAD CALLED ME TO SAY AND REARRANGE THE INTERVIEW IT WOULDN'T BE BAD!!! This is not the way you treat someone who looks forward in taking interest in your company as a career. You knew I was coming today as well that's the worst part cause it's not as if you don't have my phone number or email really, IS IT??!!!!

Advice to Management

If you book we to start a job for you knowing full well you not going to be there to even open the office that day don't book them in or just let them know before hand, as it was a waste of my time and money getting there today as was actually interested in the job!!!!

Alliance Marketing Group2018-08-21

"Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Diego, CA

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time

Pros

i can't think of anything. maybe the poeple? but they are all so brainwashed

Cons

let's start with everything! they lure you in with promises of making you an "entrepreneur" and tell you that if you work hard you will make 6 figures a year. complete BS!! They tell you you'll be working from 7-7 but you're stuck in the office until about 8:30 so they can count all the money you made that day. They tell you that working saturdays is "optional" but then make you feel like a bad person if you don't show up. The employees are all young and impressionable fresh out of college. They make you approach EVERYBODY. One girl that I shadowed actually had me walk into a therapist office while she was in session! IF YOU ARE OFFERED A JOB HERE RUN FAR AWAY!!!!

Advice to Management

stop taking advantage and promising young people the prospect of being rich. this company is total bull

Alliance Marketing Group2017-09-07
  3. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Social Worker in Miami, FL

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome company great management

Cons

Hunter, cold calling, long hours

Advice to Management

N/A

Alliance Marketing Group2017-06-06

"Alliance Marketing Group"

Former Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will lose weight, working and walking constantly

Cons

Ttotal scam, keep notes on all conversations if you can even get one with HR. This is beyond worthless.

Advice to Management

How does this work for you? Kharma can really happen. Tell the truth or better yet, get a different outlook and try something new. Also your two fake postings on here were done by HR

Alliance Marketing Group2017-05-19

"RUN, RUN, RUN!!!"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I guess the people that work there are nice but you don't really get to interact with them as much because YOU'RE NEVER IN THE OFFICE!!

Cons

It's a scam!! YOU ARE SOLICITING. They try to brainwash you to think that it's acceptable to work 12 hours a day, 6 times a weeks, without lunch time or any breaks at all. You will be walking all day, trying to sell cheap makeup door-to-door. If you do the math, you will soon realize that you get paid below the minimum wage, since you work so many hours a day. Don't get fooled like I did, there is only one type of entry-level job position: soliciting. If they tell you something different in the job interview they are lying to you. YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT! I don't even know how this is legal because it's so unethical.

Advice to Management

Stop fooling people, pay fair wages!

Alliance Marketing Group2017-03-10

"Junior Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Junior Marketing Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Teaches you great work ethic You learn a lot on the job

Cons

Weird hours, hard environment, pursuing higher education is not encouraged

Advice to Management

ENCOURAGE YOUR EMPLOYEES TO GET AN EDUCATION. COLLEGE DEGREE AND HIGHER

Alliance Marketing Group2017-02-08

"Entry-Level Marketing/Sales"

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group for less than a year

Pros

Okay, I'll be honest, there is only one pro. The atmosphere at the office is incredibly positive, but they have to make it seem that way for such a bad job. Besides, you will never be at the office anyway.

Cons

SCAM SCAM SCAM! SERIOUSLY THIS IS A PYRAMID SCHEME! If their pyramid-shaped building isn't enough of a sign, then read this review. You are soliciting. You are bothering people in offices with REAL jobs. They are kicking you out because you will be hassling them. You will be walking 10 miles a day doing door-to-door soliciting. You will be working TWELVE hours a day. Oh, and you will be selling FAKE makeup. You will be lying about some GREAT deal you are providing to the 'customers,' but remember, you are part of an unethical business. This "deal" is fake, this is how the makeup company makes their money. The company promises you that you will be running your own business in a few months, this is unrealistic, and you won't. You won't be making half the money they promise you. I am shocked as to how this company is even legal. Completely unethical. I am only writing this review to hopefully save someone from accepting any offer. They are accepting everyone... Just know that.

Advice to Management

Advice to management: stop this. Stop fooling people into thinking they will be doing marketing. This is NOT marketing. Advice to applicants: run away. Their promises will not be kept. Trust me, your degree is worth more than this. Comment to employees: you are lucky, that you are so ignorantly bliss.

Alliance Marketing Group2017-01-04

"Account Manager"

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group

Pros

I never learned so much than I did working with Alliance Marketing Group. YES, it drains you mentally. YES, it requires hard work. NO, it is NOT a scam. If you are someone who lacks any drive or persistence for success, then it is not for you, which, sadly is the majority of this generation and the reason for these bad reviews about this place. The opportunity to make money is truly there. The question of whether it is a scam or not is completely irrelevant. The money is THERE. Rather, the question is are you willing to work hard for the opportunity? I was making about 700-800 dollars a week while I was there. Unfortunately, I am not there anymore because of a very isolated situation that put me on a different path. So, take this unbiased review from someone who is not currently employed there, was a former employee, and came out of it "unsuccessful", but has a very positive outlook of Alliance. As far as SCAM? Not at all. And yes, people are right. It's not for everyone. Some people are okay with being an unhappy employee forever in debt. Some people are okay with working in someone else's empire instead of building their own. But, to each their own, I guess.

Cons

The only con is the battle you fight with your own self, mentally.

Advice to Management

Avoid lazy

Alliance Marketing Group2016-09-07

"hard work but worth every moment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Alliance isn't for the weak minded, obviously, since most of the reviews of this amazing company are from people who aren't so excited. Which makes sense considering people who are excited don't usually go out of their way to write, so I am. Consequently, yes we work long hours which was explained to me prior to being selected to work with the company, but I understood the purpose was due to having to learn all aspects of this field and industry in such a short period of time . I am a recent grad, and unfortunately, most interviews I went on were requiring experience, or paying very low, commission only w/o training. Because I didn't have a ton of experience and needed the training I selected to work with this company primarily, because they offered paid training, (which means you get paid to learn) and I would be able to increase my knowledge and my income in a short period of time. The staff and management here are like family, everyone is all on the same page and trying help one another grow and develop. I love who I work with, I love being able to learn and I am very very excited to complete the training program. I have been with the company for 3 months, I have already been promoted twice and am currently training, managing and developing 5 other brand ambassadors. I make great money (usually 1000-1200 per week), and I am able to coach other people too. If anyone continues to read all of the crazy reviews, which most aren't even related to anything that we do, please be smart and google other major companies reviews and see that regardless of what they do most have negatives. There's not one company that doesn't because you can't please everyone

Cons

It is time consuming, and mentally exhausting at some points, but I accepted the position to grow and stretch my comfort zone so that exactly what I am doing everyday.

Advice to Management

LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING WHERE YOU ARE. THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY !!!

Alliance Marketing Group2016-08-29

"SCAM"

Former Employee - Entry Level Marketer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Alliance Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are absolutely no pros whatsoever for this scam. I have no idea why this company is still around whatsoever it is extremely unethical!

Cons

The interviewer will try to trick you into thinking you're going to be getting a prestigious position. RUN!!!!!!!! This is a full fledged scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me this is not worth your time, go elsewhere if you're smart!!!!

Advice to Management

STOP SCAMMING COLLEGE GRADS WHO DON'T KNOW BETTER!!!!!!

Alliance Marketing Group2016-07-01