Alliance Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Bruce C. Ward

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work/life balance, low industry salary, (in 7 reviews)

• Not a lot of support from upper management (in 12 reviews)

"Corporate and On Site"

Current Employee - Assistant Business Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Business Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alliance is great about making their employees feel important. They do a lot of activities and offer a lot of bonus potential. There is also a lot of growth opportunity with in the company, ability to jump from department to department, and transfer opportunity from city to city. I have worked both at corporate and onsite and can honestly say I have had a great experience.

Cons

The benefits are not great. I personally do not use the health benefits, but they provide Cigna. The 401k is mediocre. It does not kick in until 6-9 months after employment and the match is not great. Also, you only get 10 vacation days and 5 sick days for the first 4 years and can not use both at the same time. They also max out and do not roll over, so if you accrue all 10 vacation days, you have to use one if you don't want to lose out.

Advice to Management

Changing the PTO policy would change my over all impression. That is the one thing that frustrates me. Family and friends are always talking about wanting to do things, but I can never be included. Considering I only have 1 day of the weekend off to spend with family and friends, it makes it impossible to take an extra day off to go out of town for a weekend with them since I have to save all my PTO just to go home for Christmas.

2. "Great employer"

Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Humble, TX
    Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Humble, TX

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Value their employees, they are there for their employees.

Cons

Temporary jobs, due to lease ups.

Advice to Management

none, awesome manager

3. "Current Employee - Business Manager - Greenwood Village, CO"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Alliance Residential (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working with Alliance Residential for over five years. I am currently a Business Manager at one of the busiest properties in Colorado. For anyone looking to make a career change or even a company change, Alliance Residential is the company for you! Alliance offers an abundance of training to all associates. From online videos to WebEx classes, Alliance ensures you are comfortable in your role. Additionally, when you sign on with Alliance you are assigned a mentor that will coach you through your first three months in your new role! On top of all that Alliance offers numerous informational resources. Looking for advancement? Done! I have never worked for a company that consistently promotes from within. From the holiday party to fun day Alliance knows how to have a good time. For all Business Managers, once per year, the company fly’s you to Arizona for a manager workshop. At the event you get to attend seminars and meet other associates in the company. The best part about working for Alliance is the relationships you develop with co-workers. The comradery is unlike any I have experienced. I am appreciated and acknowledged for the hard work I do and am provided feedback and assistance on areas of improvement. What more can you ask for?

Cons

None! I am a current employee and very happy.

4. "I <3 Alliance"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alliance is by far the best property management company I have worked for during my time in the Industry. They offer competitive pay, generous benefits, and a great family feel.

Cons

None, I cant think of anything negative to say here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Business Manager"

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Growth potential, large training system,

Cons

Poor work/life balance, low industry salary,

Advice to Management

More focus on property management, less on systems and spreadsheets

6. "Service supervisor"

Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Santa Fe, NM
    Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, training and the tools to get the job done.

Cons

Sudden changes and immediate policy implementation

Advice to Management

To Keep making our employees feel valuable.

"Alliance is good."

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Coworkers are great, employee rent discount and wardrobe allowance, lunch is not a strict time schedule, calm office setting, training is online but very good, there is room for advancement but there is a lot to learn when promoted.

Cons

The employee discount for sales could be better, late office hours, rude residents.

Advice to Management

Consider the rent discount for sales employees more than 20%. After all, they are the ones making the money for the company.

8. "Houston we have a problem!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Alliance Residential (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good pay but not top leading.

- If you like being undermined this job is for you.

- If you like micro management and fake people this job is for you.

Cons

Turnover is high due to bad decisions on Management's end. At least 8 Houston managers have quit including several RMs and multiple BMs. Not even your HR department can cover what lawsuit Alliance will face. If you keep allowing Carlyle to control everything Alliance will fail. Pay more respect to people who are loyal and actually care.

Advice to Management

- Pay respect to your hard-working individuals.

- Stop playing favorites, the incompetence is unraveling.

-Stop hiring your friends, hire reputable people.

- Stop the gossip.

- Stop lying to your people and investors.

"Overworked. Underpaid. Not enough resources."

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's been 3 years and I can't think of any positive experiences to expand on. When I was first hired I felt excited to join Alliance. Regrettably, I wish I would have stayed with my previous management company who did a better job.

Cons

Everyone is overworked. Not a single person that I've met is content with their position and function they serve. Overall, people are stressed about the unrealistic workload. Cheap equipment, minimal support from upper management and owners.

In the mountain region, it is very nepotistic. Certain areas of upper management also have family in key positions, and most are narcissistic and extremely bossy "know it alls". They are given special treatment in regards to standard company policy and usually take time off that regular employees would not be approved of.

Managers are overworked and typically push their work responsibilities from the top down, just like the regional managers do to their property managers. Even though they are generously compensated. The assistant managers and sales associates are underpaid and given larger workloads. Managers never want to tour prospective residents and always avoid it where they can.

Regional Managers are usually obnoxious and act in a way that comes off they are better than you. Some make comments about your makeup, dress style, and anything negative about your appearance such as weight. One regional manager in particular makes working here uncomfortable by his comments about our appearance. Many of us talk about it but nothing has ever been done.

There are others who share my view but we don't feel safe to express our opinion openly because you'll be terminated eventually for being against the company.

I hate working here.

Advice to Management

Don't be shocked that people hate working for you. There is a reason many have left to other companies. People don't enjoy being treated poorly and underpaid.

10. "Senior Performance Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, support and lots of opportunity

Cons

Travel but not really a con to me

Alliance Residential Response

Jun 21, 2017 – Talent Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy your experience with Alliance!