Alliance Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Bruce C. Ward

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is always an opportunity for growth and the ability to transfer to other properties if you need to relocate" (in 15 reviews)

• "Lots of room for growth within Alliance" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Things changed after a year with the company when there was an upper management change" (in 16 reviews)

• "There is absolutely NO work-life balance" (in 7 reviews)

1. "I absolutely love my job."

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You meet amazing people, you’re paid well, and constantly acknowledged for your hard work.

Cons

You will end up loving your job more than your outside work life..

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing.

"Accounting Clerk"

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

They had good benefits and compensation packages.

Cons

Management was not professional.

3. "This Company has the very best work / home ballence"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of advancement within the Company

Cons

Be prepared for hard work but, it will really pay of in the long run

Advice to Management

If you are looking for a carrier change this is the company to work for. Alliance Residential Company is a leader within the Multifamily Housing Market.

Jul 25, 2018 – Talent Intern

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are so happy to hear that you have had such a positive experience. We continue to research industry standards so we can provide competitive pay... More

4. "great company"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alliance Residential (More than a year)

Pros

great company and great benefits

Cons

no cons great company highly recommend

Advice to Management

n/a

Jul 25, 2018 – Talent Intern

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We truly appreciate your dedication to Alliance and for taking care of our residents!

"Service Supervisor"

Former Employee - Service Supervisor in Coronado, CA
    Former Employee - Service Supervisor in Coronado, CA

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, None, None, None, None

Cons

Too Many
    Overcontrolling Business Manager that will not give you what you need to do YOUR job and then when you can't do your job becuase she will not give you access to documents you needed and requested, and IT can't give you access to simple Microsoft Office Suite or PM programs like Yardi etc. she lets you go as she has to the (5) Service Supervisors before me in less than 2 years, but keeps the (3) Maintenance Technicians that call whatever contractor they want, without informing their Service Supervisor, myself, which they've been instructed to do, signed a document stating they would but did what they wanted and never took direction to do the work. They would call plumbers to change a toilet, that they did n ot want to do becuase it was a defective Flush Valve, not a defective toilet that cost over $250.00 or call Appliance repair company to do all repairs as all (3) of them have NO Mechanical aptitude and I was training them to do in-house repairs when the Business Manager thought they were more important than I and let me go, not them only after 4 weeks of employment and moved over 3 states to get to community

Advice to Management

Short description of how I was treated at Alliance’s Broadstone Coronado on the Bay by Business Manager Terry Best (June 19, 2018 – July 19, 2018)

Would Highly consider looking at how your Business Managers make staff like myself feel inadequate, and unable to perform the duties assigned so quickly. The residents loved what I was doing, how I was repairing things let go for far too long, training staff, supervising pool underage swimmers etc. and just being physically seen in and around community as the previous Service Supervisors were never seen in and around the community as I was told. I was only there for 1 month, had repaired appliances in-house, repaired the boilers in-house, located the defective pool heater that was not serviced properly in the past several years and resolved that issue, repaired IT issues they had, started to train in-house Maintenance on appliance, electrical and boiler repairs etc. Had already re-organized the paint room area so we knew what inventory we had, and control expenses on paint over stock which they had no idea prior to my arrival, I was in the process of re-organizing the Maintenance Supplies as they would order parts and supplies over and over and did not even know they already had them as everything was piled on top of each other, plumbing on appliance, electrical on heating and A/C etc. and expenses were out of control. Maintenance staff consistently ordered New Full Appliances and threw the old ones in what I called the “Appliance Graveyard” as they had no idea what was wrong with it, just bought a new one, and threw that one in the appliance graveyard, did not mark on the appliance why it was there so they could remove parts off it to use on another appliance in the future. Case in Point: Gave Maintenance Staff gave a resident (3) New Dryers as the resident clothes were not drying properly, so the maintenance staff just kept giving them New dryers, till I arrived, and said “Halt, did you troubleshoot the issue”, They said “No”, I looked at it and found that the dryer duct when dryer was on never opened, no air flow, looked at ducting and found it blocked toward outside wall, opened it up and current dryer worked perfectly. Maintenance Staff gave resident (3) New Dryers valued at approx. $3,900.00 and I repaired it for $20.00.
    Business Manager let go over (5) Service Supervisors before me, but from what the residents and staff told me, they were not able to perform the duties requested and did not train, supervise, organize and troubleshoot areas on the community as I did, they never even used the computer as they did not know how to, Microsoft Office was never installed or accessed for any task lists needed to be prepared etc. and in my 27 years, I have experience in every field of Property Maintenance including but not limited to IT, Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Appliances, Hardware Applications, Construction etc.
    Look at what you have, what you just received to make the community and staff work the way it should and don’t throw out the door so much Knowledge, Skills and Talent without looking at what you refused to let them do and they wanted to do for you, the community, residents and staff.

6. "Sales associate"

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Pay is decent
    Leasing bonus is so low compared to other companies

Cons

No work and life balance
    Absolutely no employee discount (only property management that I know who doesn’t give employees housing discount)
    Not so much room for growth unless you’re someones favorite

Advice to Management

Just don’t hire anyone! Show genuine appreciate to employees.

"Marketing Department Fail"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Immediate team was awesome to work with.

Cons

Constantly changing processes. Un-realistic expectations. High turnover rate. Lack of formal training program in the department. Lack of support towards regional teams. Worst case of favoritism I have seen ever.

Advice to Management

A lot of talented team members have left over the past year (over 10) due to the current leadership in the Marketing Department. What does that say?

8. "Property Accounting"

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's in a nice corporate office with garage parking in a nice location. There are good accounting procedures in place. Accounting leadership is taking steps to simplify tasks. Their communication is satisfactory. Alliance property accounting is a great starting point in GL accounting and you will exercise your communication skills, working with the teams at the properties. Their business grows each year. There are opportunities for promotion for proficient accountants.

Cons

Nothing major that's unique to the company.

Advice to Management

I recommend to screen applicants to the entry-level accountant position with an exam on accounting concepts (i.e. reading financial stmts) and application (i.e. debits/credits)

Jun 25, 2018 – Talent Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that there were positive aspects of your employment with Alliance and we appreciate your suggestions as well. We are continuing to improve our... More

9. "Leasing agent"

Former Employee - Leasing Agent in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent in San Jose, CA

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of work to keep you busu

Cons

To stuck in their own way at older property an resident are used to doing what they want.

Advice to Management

Clean up your complex and follow your own rules.

Jun 25, 2018 – Talent Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have the experience we would have hoped for. We want to ensure that each of our properties has a work... More

10. "Best Career Move"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Support, honesty, and advancement. Alliance is true to their beliefs. Best career move I have made and can't wait for what the future holds.

Cons

None. Alliance is the best residential property management company hands down.

Advice to Management

Thank you for truly caring about us, your employees.

Jun 4, 2018 – Talent Coordinator

We are so glad to hear that and thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback! We truly appreciate your dedication to Alliance and for taking care of our residents. If you have any... More