Alliance Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Bruce C. Ward

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is always an opportunity for growth and the ability to transfer to other properties if you need to relocate" (in 15 reviews)

• "Tons of room for growth and awesome benefits" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Things changed after a year with the company when there was an upper management change" (in 17 reviews)

• "There is absolutely NO work-life balance" (in 7 reviews)

1. "I absolutely love my job."

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You meet amazing people, you’re paid well, and constantly acknowledged for your hard work.

Cons

You will end up loving your job more than your outside work life..

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing.

Aug 23, 2018 – Coordinator

2. "Sales Associate"

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Great Training and room for growth

Cons

Poor Communication among regional managers and property managers

Sep 19, 2018 – Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We truly appreciate your dedication to Alliance and for taking care of our residents! If you have any suggestions feel free to email us at... More

3. "Alliance"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible for part time employees. Good job if you are a student looking to make good money.

Cons

Handling rude residents and time can go by slowly on certain days..

Advice to Management

Pay bonuses biweekly.

Sep 19, 2018 – Coordinator

We are so glad to hear that and thank you for taking the time to give feedback! We work hard to create an environment where are associates feel empowered and encouraged to grow their career so your... More

4. "Awful leadership experience"

Former Employee - Business Manager
    Former Employee - Business Manager

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I learned about myself and what I will and won’t tolerate in a company

Cons

Leadership is out of touch. Fake sorority girl attitude with high society leaders. Unethical and manipulative regionals cutting off so many resources at the site level to get bonuses from teams, they never post appropriately for new job opportunities and cherry pick their chosen few to promote based on the in crowd mentality of yes men they surround themselves with. They held my team members back, low balled salary offers for new hires in hopes of savings on budgets to make up on shortfalls, they’d lie and say ownership denied this or that but owners called or emailed me to follow up on actions not being taken which revealed that MY regional was not submitting things the site needed because she wanted her bonus!

People don’t quit jobs and careers they quit companies and bad bosses. This has both, it took about 6 months to discover the bulk of serious red flags but I thought it would get better over time and maybe my regional would get a different portfolio but nope, we were stuck together.

I would not ever recommend anyone work for this company unless you are a ladder climber with a brown nose and enjoy getting free booze at corporate events from vendors. ARCX is basically a revolving hotel room of adulterous drunks.

Enjoy your KPI reports and all your busy work that makes you feel important. Drink the koolaid at all the events because you can get talked to if you don’t!

I hope your policies and procedures keep you warm at night knowing you RUIN people’s lives with your micromanage approach to business and stalking of employees on social media. Some manager in AZ got cards from all over the nation for being ill, where’s my card? Another person in NorCal had something happen and corporate wanted everyone to chip in to something for that person—where’s my gofundme page when I got sick? Where was my “alliance cares” moment when I needed it? Instead I was bullied back to work on sick days and ridden hard until they forced me out. Best places to work surveys are a joke—I was emailed multiple times a week to keep track of who had filled it out so NO, it’s not voluntary at all! It’s a total sham.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on what you’re going to brand yourself with new corporate titles next year and actually try to lease an apartment with the tools you put in place. You have regionals that have not been on site in over 25 years that are so out of touch they can’t explain KPI reports themselves!

Also: Don’t stalk employees on social media. Don’t bully employees while sick or on vacation. Visit your portfolio and get to know who is picking up trash for your low wages! You may have to wear street clothes though as you would hate to actually get dirty while working! Coming around in your Chanel watch and high end stilettos doesn’t make us feel connected or approachable or like you’re even on the same level as us at all!

Revamp ARCX. No one learns anything and it’s just a drink festival with generic non industry related speakers. That money could go to bigger and better company improvements, actual property management guest speakers like Toni Blake or Lisa Trosien and break out sessions would be actual professional IREM or NAA educational presenters. Have a major law firm present information, have the annual seminar and trade show event that people walk away going WOW I learned so much and not WOW I DRANK so much.

5. "Medusa Lair"

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Competitive pay and lots of opportunity for promotion.

Cons

Don't be fooled by the seductiveness of Medusa's Lair. They get you in and then you find out everything is a facade. In a management role you get called 24/7, texted all times of the day and night with no work life balance. They can pull a position or people from you without warning or care to your operation or well being. They fail to paint a picture of what is really happening at their assets. They dangle a huge bonus and money over your head like that is going to make a difference in you enjoying your job or not. Definitely not a motivator after what I experienced. Leadership sends threatening emails and correspondence between the departments that are less than heartfelt from a business perspective. I could go on but I think you get the point. If you are going to consider working here, listen to past employees and their experiences to make an informed decision. That's where I failed and wouldn't have taken this job if I would have listen to advice. Also Fee Management is not for everyone, stick to Owned and Operated.

Advice to Management

Learn why people leave the organization just as fast they come in.

"Hiring the wrong people for the wrong job"

Former Employee - Mkt Department in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Mkt Department in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Many smart people in senior-leadership to learn from

Cons

Favoritism throughout - if you're not 'in' with the right group, it will be hard to have your voice heard. Corporate cc's do not exist, so all travel and expenditures is on the employee.. then be prepared for upwards of 3 month until getting reimbursed. From a management standpoint, most of the 'doers' were smarter than the Directors...

"Do not like working here"

Current Employee - Senior Property Accountant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Property Accountant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Residential (Less than a year)

Pros

Can’t think of any pros

Cons

Low pay, a lot of work

Advice to Management

Need better higher management people

Sep 19, 2018 – Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Although you did not have the experience we would have hoped for we appreciate your review so that we can continue to improve the associate experience... More

8. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Good culture, fun company events, decent pay

Cons

Bad benefits, won't hesitate to spread you thin

Sep 19, 2018 – Coordinator

We are so glad to hear that and thank you for taking the time to give feedback! If you have any suggestions please feel free to email us at Careers@allresco.com

"Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is excellent through Alliance University and training for programs involved with Property Management.

Cons

Weekend Work to start out and bonus pay from leases rollercoasters with the seasons of leasing. More money in Summer months than Winter months and also not the strongest customer service. Its ok but not excelling by any means.

Advice to Management

Promote managers when they are ready rather than having upper management hold onto "stronger" managers underneath them for their own benefit. Keep your employees happy and put them first and they will reduce the high turnover. Also the entire company is short staffed, they should look into their systems or hold exit interviews with those who leave to better themselves rather than accept the turnover within this industry.

Sep 19, 2018 – Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Although your experience is not what we would have hoped you would have had, we are glad to hear there are some positive aspects. We work hard to... More

"Accounting Clerk"

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

They had good benefits and compensation packages.

Cons

Management was not professional.

Aug 23, 2018 – Coordinator