Alliance Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Bruce C. Ward

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work/life balance, low industry salary, (in 7 reviews)

• Not a lot of support from upper management (in 12 reviews)

1. "Best Company I've Worked For"

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Super organized, great systems, top-tier properties

Cons

Pay could be more competitive.

2. "If there was negative 🌟 rating I would give it"

Former Employee - Service Supervisor in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Service Supervisor in Conroe, TX

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were no pros to this company. Save yourself the time. They still won't pay me for any of my overtime that I am still due. My bonus was threatened for not completing training that they will not let you complete and was told that I need to clock out for running company errands.

Cons

Any thing and everything about this company from hr to management. It was overall the worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Fire yourself after you pay period people what they are owed. It's called business not charity.

3. "Contract Administrator"

Former Employee - Contracts Administrator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Contracts Administrator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits package is less decent compare to other company. Nothing special. Your benefit will not be in effect after 90 days. Your PTO doesn't kick in after 90 days.

Cons

Working with project coordinator and the project assistant are a joke. I feel like working with a bunch of kinder garden and the business model is like early in the 70s. Bunch of politics and so VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. You will feel sorry if you ever work here. This office has high turn-over.

Advice to Management

The project coordinator and some people in the Seattle Office need to take some management skill classes

4. "Alliance is the place to be"

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture and Benefits. Alliance is by far the best company that I have ever worked at. The assentive program is amazing. Utah is a Great place to be at this time.

Cons

Nothing against Alliance. This is the best place to be

5. "Awesome Culture With Room To Grow"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working with Alliance for a year and have found they make a tremendous effort to create a positive work environment for all of their associates. As a manager, it is incredibly important to me that my team and I are provided the opportunity to succeed and grow in a positive way and Alliance has certainly provided us with that opportunity. Additionally, they company continues to grow in a smart and effective way that is opening up amazing opportunities to grow within the organization. Lastly, I believe Alliance does an incredible job of providing training for their associates. I have never worked for a company that places such an emphasis on employee education, which tells me that investing the futures of their employees is important to them as an organization.

Cons

None thus far. Keep up the great work.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting employee wellness initiatives and promoting a healthy work-life balance.

Alliance Residential Response

Aug 4, 2017 – Talent Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear that you are providing your team with a positive experience and hope that we can continue providing opportunities to grow.

"Business Manager"

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Growth potential, large training system,

Cons

Poor work/life balance, low industry salary,

Advice to Management

More focus on property management, less on systems and spreadsheets

"Houston we have a problem!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Alliance Residential (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good pay but not top leading.

- If you like being undermined this job is for you.

- If you like micro management and fake people this job is for you.

Cons

Turnover is high due to bad decisions on Management's end. At least 8 Houston managers have quit including several RMs and multiple BMs. Not even your HR department can cover what lawsuit Alliance will face. If you keep allowing Carlyle to control everything Alliance will fail. Pay more respect to people who are loyal and actually care.

Advice to Management

- Pay respect to your hard-working individuals.

- Stop playing favorites, the incompetence is unraveling.

-Stop hiring your friends, hire reputable people.

- Stop the gossip.

- Stop lying to your people and investors.

"Overworked. Underpaid. Not enough resources."

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's been 3 years and I can't think of any positive experiences to expand on. When I was first hired I felt excited to join Alliance. Regrettably, I wish I would have stayed with my previous management company who did a better job.

Cons

Everyone is overworked. Not a single person that I've met is content with their position and function they serve. Overall, people are stressed about the unrealistic workload. Cheap equipment, minimal support from upper management and owners.

In the mountain region, it is very nepotistic. Certain areas of upper management also have family in key positions, and most are narcissistic and extremely bossy "know it alls". They are given special treatment in regards to standard company policy and usually take time off that regular employees would not be approved of.

Managers are overworked and typically push their work responsibilities from the top down, just like the regional managers do to their property managers. Even though they are generously compensated. The assistant managers and sales associates are underpaid and given larger workloads. Managers never want to tour prospective residents and always avoid it where they can.

Regional Managers are usually obnoxious and act in a way that comes off they are better than you. Some make comments about your makeup, dress style, and anything negative about your appearance such as weight. One regional manager in particular makes working here uncomfortable by his comments about our appearance. Many of us talk about it but nothing has ever been done.

There are others who share my view but we don't feel safe to express our opinion openly because you'll be terminated eventually for being against the company.

I hate working here.

Advice to Management

Don't be shocked that people hate working for you. There is a reason many have left to other companies. People don't enjoy being treated poorly and underpaid.

9. "Great employer"

Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Humble, TX
    Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Humble, TX

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Value their employees, they are there for their employees.

Cons

Temporary jobs, due to lease ups.

Advice to Management

none, awesome manager

"Corporate and On Site"

Current Employee - Assistant Business Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Business Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alliance is great about making their employees feel important. They do a lot of activities and offer a lot of bonus potential. There is also a lot of growth opportunity with in the company, ability to jump from department to department, and transfer opportunity from city to city. I have worked both at corporate and onsite and can honestly say I have had a great experience.

Cons

The benefits are not great. I personally do not use the health benefits, but they provide Cigna. The 401k is mediocre. It does not kick in until 6-9 months after employment and the match is not great. Also, you only get 10 vacation days and 5 sick days for the first 4 years and can not use both at the same time. They also max out and do not roll over, so if you accrue all 10 vacation days, you have to use one if you don't want to lose out.

Advice to Management

Changing the PTO policy would change my over all impression. That is the one thing that frustrates me. Family and friends are always talking about wanting to do things, but I can never be included. Considering I only have 1 day of the weekend off to spend with family and friends, it makes it impossible to take an extra day off to go out of town for a weekend with them since I have to save all my PTO just to go home for Christmas.