Alliance of Professionals & Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alliance of Professionals & Consultants President and CEO Roy Roberts
Roy Roberts

"So happy to be part of the APC Family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

APC is the perfect size company that will allow you to expand your knowledge and skill sets into various areas and even other departments within the company. Many larger companies are so departmentalized that employees are not allowed to grow and advance in their careers. I was able to expand my knowledge and skill sets moving upwardly over time within the organization.

This is also a company that truly cares about people and their families. When I needed to make a change because of a family situation, management at APC worked with me so that I was able to continue working as well as accommodate my family's needs.

Cons

APC does not always stick to standard guidelines and procedures like other companies. Instead they will do what makes sense for the situation at hand. This bothers some employees that are used to having a set schedule and knowing exactly what is going to happen and when.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open dialog!

2. "Poor Communications Under Tricky Circumstances"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company I worked for contact all their contracting agencies to let them know they were cutting their rates by 10%. The contracting companies of course simply passed that along to their contractors by immediately cutting their rates by 10%. APC was not direct with me about the source of the rate cut (the company I worked at was).

Cons

Simply a pass-through type of agency - don't expect any kind of feedback from them. They will contact you only if they are made aware of a change in your contract.

Advice to Management

Check in with your employees with a one on one chat at least once a month to see how the contractor's work is going. It doesn't have to be a long discussion - just so some interest and ask some questions. Also, be very clear and direct in your communications with your contractors. If you appear to be less than honest in your communications with them it can later appear that you were passing the buck in a way that reflects badly on you as a company.

Apr 21, 2016 – Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear about the communication shortfall you experienced, particularly in regards to any rate changes. If (in regards to the rate cut) it's the client ... More

3. "Planner"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants (Less than a year)

Pros

One gets paid on a timely basis.

Cons

Communication with the organization is poor. Once on-board, they seem to forget about you.

Feb 19, 2016 – Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your candid feedback! It's both appreciated and taken seriously. We absolutely agree that we have work to do in this area & apologize for you ever having felt forgotten about. We can ... More

"Great Direct Supervision, Outdated Views in Upper Mgmt"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants (Less than a year)

Pros

Great lower management--very supportive and most teams seem to be supportive of one another. Great onboarding system.

Cons

Upper management stuck in old ways of thinking. Unrealistic learning curve. Lack of communication between departments. Undefined system of salary increase. There are a lot of meetings where employees trash talk one another. A great amount of favoritism.

Advice to Management

The way you've always done things isn't always the best way.

Feb 19, 2016 – Marketing Strategist

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! There is certainly room for improvement in all of the areas you've addressed. Your feedback helps emphasize the importance and need for our continued focus ... More

5. "Challenging and Enjoyable Experience with a Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

I have been part of the APC family for over 10 years and I have truly enjoyed my job as well as the people since the beginning. The support team as well as management is dedicated, talented, and prides itself on taking care of each person they communicate with. Although the company has grown tremendously over the past 10 years, APC has retained its small company feel that I enjoy so much. My work has been challenging and APC has given me a fantastic opportunity to grow with the company!

Cons

No real cons for me.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring A-players!

6. "Invest in Your Career? Work Here!"

Current Employee - Client Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Client Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leadership here operates with Integrity, Honesty, and a "True" Open Door Policy. Each Leader in this organization "Invest" in your career goals and support, encourage employees to Fullfill each potential. In a world of Corporate America which harbors unhealthy work environments, APC raises the bar for all Employers in the Display and Teaching from the Top to trickle down on "Values & Ethics & Integrity". If you are ready to Invest in your Career with the support of a company that you can trust and will encourage, assist and support you to get to the next level and grow, This is The Place to work!

Cons

I do not see any "Cons" on a consistent basis.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work! Write a Book or Manual to Teach Leadership of other Companies.

7. "Glad to be part of APC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management really cares about the employees and values them.
    Genuinely nice people, great colleagues.
    Company culture is very family friendly yet professional.
    Management open to ideas for process enhancements, problem solving focus.

Cons

Need to improve marketing efforts. Not many people know of APC. It's their loss as well as APC's.

Advice to Management

None

8. "Application System Engineer"

Former Employee - Applications SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Applications SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

They are very quick in their process of getting you on and to work.

Cons

Benefits and Salary are not the greatest.

Advice to Management

Keep with your quick process, but try to have more wiggle room to keep contractors as contractors.

"Great entry level job but that's it"

Current Employee - Program Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Program Specialist in Raleigh, NC

Pros

The job is very flexible and management is great

Cons

Pay is very low considering how much other contracting companies pay

Advice to Management

Pay your employees who work really hard more and they will consider sticking around

10. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They care about its people. Always follow up when you submit a request to them. I have worked for other contracting companies before and they are the best so far.

Cons

So far I have not had any bad experience with the company or its personnel. They are really appreciative of you and your work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.