Alliance of Professionals & Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alliance of Professionals & Consultants President and CEO Roy Roberts
Roy Roberts

1. "Senior Mechanical Engineer"

Former Contractor - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Hartsville, SC
    Former Contractor - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Hartsville, SC

I worked at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits for a contractor. Helpful staff.

Cons

No guarantee of additional employment after contract ends.

"So happy to be part of the APC Family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

APC is the perfect size company that will allow you to expand your knowledge and skill sets into various areas and even other departments within the company. Many larger companies are so departmentalized that employees are not allowed to grow and advance in their careers. I was able to expand my knowledge and skill sets moving upwardly over time within the organization.

This is also a company that truly cares about people and their families. When I needed to make a change because of a family situation, management at APC worked with me so that I was able to continue working as well as accommodate my family's needs.

Cons

APC does not always stick to standard guidelines and procedures like other companies. Instead they will do what makes sense for the situation at hand. This bothers some employees that are used to having a set schedule and knowing exactly what is going to happen and when.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open dialog!

3. "Challenging and Enjoyable Experience with a Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

I have been part of the APC family for over 10 years and I have truly enjoyed my job as well as the people since the beginning. The support team as well as management is dedicated, talented, and prides itself on taking care of each person they communicate with. Although the company has grown tremendously over the past 10 years, APC has retained its small company feel that I enjoy so much. My work has been challenging and APC has given me a fantastic opportunity to grow with the company!

Cons

No real cons for me.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring A-players!

5. "Invest in Your Career? Work Here!"

Current Employee - Client Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Client Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leadership here operates with Integrity, Honesty, and a "True" Open Door Policy. Each Leader in this organization "Invest" in your career goals and support, encourage employees to Fullfill each potential. In a world of Corporate America which harbors unhealthy work environments, APC raises the bar for all Employers in the Display and Teaching from the Top to trickle down on "Values & Ethics & Integrity". If you are ready to Invest in your Career with the support of a company that you can trust and will encourage, assist and support you to get to the next level and grow, This is The Place to work!

Cons

I do not see any "Cons" on a consistent basis.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work! Write a Book or Manual to Teach Leadership of other Companies.

6. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They care about its people. Always follow up when you submit a request to them. I have worked for other contracting companies before and they are the best so far.

Cons

So far I have not had any bad experience with the company or its personnel. They are really appreciative of you and your work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"APC is a good company & the people are great people to work with."

Former Employee - Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

The corporate staff are fair & friendly - generally a good group to work with and for. Management truly values honesty & integrity. Management works to not only make APC a successful company but also a good corporate citizen.

Cons

Benefits are standard for the industry and size of the company, but not outstanding. Lots of paperwork and corporate policies.

8. "APC Loves its people - all appreciated professionals."

Pros

Ethical, honest, open, transparent, flexible.

Cons

Don't have any cons to mention.

Alliance of Professionals & Consultants Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your kind remarks!

9. "Hiring process with APC recruiters"

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time

Pros

I had developed a relationship with Pat Bowlds over a few years, who was very good at keeping in touch by phone and email. I noticed that the attention was much more personal than a lot of the recruiting agencies I had been dealing with in NYC and the current custom of recruiting in the digital marketing world. I really appreciated that my personality, background and skills seemed to matter more and the attention paid to putting me in the right position at IBM. The current trend with a lot of agencies is you are a search term in a database and not much else, and I was looking for a way to get away from that. Thankfully, APC does things differently and I really appreciated that difference.

Cons

Big rush to get hiring paperwork in by a certain date was annoying, especially the notarized document that I was told was required. After rushing around trying to find a Notary that would notarize their specific type of request (and two would not), I was told by APC that I didn't need to do it. They need to update their hiring documentation to reflect this.

Advice to Management

Stay personal and keep the phone calls coming - nice touch. I'm glad you have a sense of humor about the hiring process.

Alliance of Professionals & Consultants Response

Feb 19, 2016 – Marketing Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Dr. Pat is indeed an APC treasure & we'll pass along your kind words to her. Thank you also for the feedback regarding the onboarding ... More

"Fast and easy on-boarding"

Pros

I've only been here a month, but the thing that was refreshing was how easy it was to on-board. All the documents were able to be reviewed and signed electronically. Probably took only 30 minutes to do all the "paperwork" required to get started.

Cons

Few have heard of the company. As a small, minority owned business that views itself as a "boutique" services firm they don't see the need to advertise. So, I find myself having to explain to people who we are and what we do.

Advice to Management

Update the website and invest in online advertising.

11. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Alliance of Professionals & Consultants full-time

Pros

Friendly and helpful staff. They go out of their way to ensure my questions are answered quickly. It's great to have a phone number of a person that you can speak with rather than a 1-800 # that leaves you on hold.

Cons

Website can be difficult to navigate when looking for benefits information. I heard about APC through word of mouth as it appears they don't actively market themselves aggressively.

Advice to Management

Invest in Marketing to get the word out about APC and update the website.