Alliant Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Alliant Credit Union President and CEO David W. Mooney
David W. Mooney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits, great work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Great benefits, plenty of PTO, 100% match on 5% of 401K (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Also no work life balance, expect to put in 60 hour work weeks (in 3 reviews)

• Organizational structure can be confusing to new employees (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Unique, positive culture in an organization that truly cares"

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alliant Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Alliant recognizes the importance of a healthy culture and truly engaged employees. It invests strongly in making this a place where people be their best.
    - Benefits are second to none.
    - Highly collaborative "roll up your sleeves and figure it out together" attitude. Not particularly political compared to other organizations.
    - Good advancement potential. Company is growing quickly and merit is recognized.
    - Casual dress code

Cons

Those coming from larger, more process-driven companies may find Alliant too laid-back compared to what they're used to. You need to be somewhat more adaptable and willing to toss ideas around before you arrive at the final answer. Not everything will be handed to you in distinct black and white, so be prepared to roll with it. Also, if your style is to work as a lone wolf, this may not be a good fit for you. Alliant is extremely collaborative, so be prepared for a team-centric approach to working. None of these are true "Cons" but could be problematic if your expectations don't/won't align.

Advice to Management

The investments made in culture and engagement truly DO pay off. As we continue to grow and mature, please continue to keep culture and engagement front and center.

Jul 12, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are proud of our strong and rewarding culture and are always happy to hear from our employees who see the value in what Alliant offers... More

2. "Positive things to say!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Alliant Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Alliant has a great company culture; friendly employees who collaborate well!
    -Competitive benefits offered, such as immediate vesting for 401k match! Jeans every day!
    -Employee Recognition is stressed throughout the company. A formal program is in place to recognize others.
    -Stable yet growing organization. Company goals are clear to employees. I appreciate the member focus the company has.
    -Always enough work to do, days go by fast

Cons

-Would be nice if employees were in one main location together again.
    -Working from home is not consistent across company. Alliant should make sure the work from home policy is current and not lagging behind other financial services companies.

Advice to Management

Be visible to your teams! The CEO knows employee names & faces, other Senior Leaders should too.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Branch Loan Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Loan Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Alliant Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing management and team to work with.

Cons

There are no negatives I can think of.

Aug 2, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. Glad to have you on our team.

4. "Great company"

Former Employee - Misc in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Misc in Chicago, IL

I worked at Alliant Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great work life balance

Cons

Not really much to say. Its a fine place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep working to maintain team cohesiveness

Jul 12, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate your feedback!

5. "Great Place to Learn"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Alliant Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have a lot of opportunities to learn new skills, both from external sources and internally from other employees. Further, I have the agency to use the skills and ideas I've acquired to make real changes to the business. Smart ideas are rewarded here.

Every employee I've worked with has been committed to quality work.

Cons

Some projects and initiatives are approved without a good understanding of the business requirements for all the affected groups, or even whether they're necessary. I believe this is a consequence of being a rapidly growing business that is trying to simultaneously innovate and fill out its frame, so to speak.

May 23, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear from those employees who maximize their career development opportunities with Alliant. We understand that our employees are in the driver seat... More

6. "On my one year anniversary.... loving it."

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alliant Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking, technology oriented, fighting way above their weight in the industry.

Cons

Not that well known.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

May 5, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. Happy anniversary!

7. "National Account Executive"

Current Employee - National Account Executive
    Current Employee - National Account Executive

I have been working at Alliant Credit Union (Less than a year)

Pros

Alliant is a positive, rewarding organization. My onboarding experience was unbelievable and thorough. My job duties are exactly as described to me in the interview process and I feel as though I have all of the tools to do my job successfully. They offer me a variety of benefits, a ton of support, and I am amazed with the tenure and level of respect other employees have for this company.

Cons

There are none! I have not yet experienced anything negative, and my co-workers tell me that this is par for the course.

Aug 2, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

Welcome to Alliant! We are glad to hear you had a great onboarding experience. We are happy you joined our team and are wishing you great success in your role.

8. "Beyond expectations"

Pros

Alliant has figured out how to maximize everyone's strengths and really make the work challenging and, surprisingly, invigorating. Incredible benefits.

Cons

Some individuals are struggling with growth/new employees which makes it difficult to get information. But leadership is always available and willing to help.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing especially welcoming input from your employees

Apr 14, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your kind words. We are always happy to hear from those team members who benefit from our strengths-based culture. Strengths are engraved in Alliant’s DNA, and we love hearing when our... More

9. "Member Service Consultant"

Former Employee - Member Service Consultant in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Member Service Consultant in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at Alliant Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked quite a few corporate environments and I must say they're at the top of list of my list. They have a strong grasp on making your employees happy which in turn will reflect on how the customers are treated. A lot perks just for working there (discounts, free food on certain days)

Cons

Training class there is mediocre and all over the place. I listened in on calls for 2 weeks then started "official training". Their university is a joke and led by an overly conceited woman who acts as if her stuff doesn't stink. 3 days into training be prepared to create a presentation in from of 6-9 execs. Remember: You're training me, not the other way around.

Advice to Management

Management was great while there. Always engaging and have the best interest of their employees in mind. No complaints there.

Mar 29, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves on being a highly-engaged and employee-focused culture, and we are happy to hear about your positive experience with our... More

"Finance Team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

work life balance is fine

Cons

old school place: very limited career path, hard work not rewarded, promotion is not based on performance, poor training to expect from above.

Jan 27, 2017 – Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback and commentary. We appreciate it. We pride ourselves in our recognition and performance management programs. We have an open door policy and our leaders constantly work... More