Alliant Credit Union Reviews

Join the conversation on

Finance

48K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Alliant Credit Union~25673
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Alliant Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Awesome company

Mar 24, 2022 - Account Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

consistent hours, keeps you busy, great work environment

Cons

communication was, at times, an issue

Manager, Culture and Internal Communications

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our workplace environment while working for our credit union. We also appreciate you pointing out our continuous need to invest in communication. The Brand & Communications team focuses on their ongoing commitment to making improvements to our internal and external communication practices, and we hope our employees and members will start seeing its benefits and continue sharing their feedback.

2. 5.0

Great

May 15, 2022 - Member Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great at alliant

Cons

Nothing negative about alliant credit union

Manager, Culture and Internal Communications

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your positive employee experience at our credit union.

3. 4.0

not bad

Apr 26, 2022 - Collections Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

work from home is cool

Cons

pay isn’t as much not much bonus or room to grow

Manager, Culture and Internal Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoy working a hybrid schedule, allowing for flexible remote work and purpose-driven and outcome-focused onsite opportunities. We also want to let you know that it is our practice to benchmark against other companies and pay competitive compensation to attract, retain and motivate employees. In addition to base pay, every Alliant employee has a variable component in their total cash compensation dependent on organization, team and individual performance results. Last year, that bonus was paid well above target. Lastly, we’d also like to take this opportunity to address your comments about employee development and career growth. Those employees who invest in personal development make great candidates for internal roles. The combination of the credit union experience and personal investment in self-development makes such employees great candidates for other positions within Alliant. We continue to fill open roles with internal candidates at a rate above the industry average. We hope you created an individual development plan for 2022 and have ongoing career conversations with your leader. If you need any additional career guidance, please reach out to anyone on the human capital or training & development teams.

4. 5.0

Five Star Review

Dec 18, 2021 - Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love my job and love working for ACU. My boss and senior management actually care about me personally and my professional development. There’s been a lot of turnover here, as with most organizations these days yet they’re doing their best with keeping pay and benefits far above average. I work on a lot of projects that challenge me on a daily basis, which I enjoy. All of my coworkers are great. Hybrid work schedule is also available to most employees. The culture seems upbeat and good, as well as caring and doing what’s good for the members of the credit union. Overall, I can’t say enough good things about my job, boss, organization and culture of ACU.

Cons

The only con to the job is a lot of meetings when an email would be sufficient. I get it’s the most efficient and best way to collaborate when working remotely. Nevertheless, not a dealbreaker.

Manager, Culture and Internal Communications

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear you have a great experience at Alliant and appreciate your feedback.

5. 4.0

A great place to work

Apr 18, 2022 - Senior Learning & Development Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, career opportunities, and a strong focus on employee engagement.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Manager, Culture and Internal Communications

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear about your positive experience at Alliant.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Culture is in Flux

Mar 23, 2022 - IT Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Alliant has some amazing people committed to providing our customers the best digital experience possible. There is still remnants of the culture before Covid, which include a sense of teamwork and collaboration. Some of the remaining employees who have been around longer than 2 years still embody some of that spirit. The company is trying to expand rapidly right now. There are a lot of positions open. Alliant has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.

Cons

90% turnover in senior leadership since the former CEO retired in the summer of 2020 has created chaos and instability throughout the org. The culture of feeling like a work family has been eroded and replaced with a CYA mentality. Work/Life balance was formerly a organizational priority. This has completely disappeared in the past 2 years. Employees are often expected to work nights, weekends and even during PTO sometimes. Employees frequently hear about shouting matches during executive meetings. What used to be a strong commitment to serving our members has morphed into just trying not to get yelled at or berated publicly in meetings. There is a layer of management that filters information from the frontline workers up to senior leadership, often for CYA or political reasons. The CYA culture causes SVPs and VPs to ask frontline staff to do research and produce detailed analyses for them that takes time away from doing their actual work. The org has been very vague about what returning to the office will look like. From the employee's perspective, it seems like some employees will be allowed to stay remote while others will not, and no one knows the actual criteria. There remains unreasonable expectations for productivity. Every team is stretched past their limits, but aside from a slew of new job listings, it's not apparent that senior leadership knows exactly how difficult things are. CYA mentality has lead to people calling meetings to prep for other meetings. The fear over how information will be perceived by senior leadership wastes an incredible amount of time. New leadership pushed for as much growth as possible the last 18 months without planning for how we would manage the increased workload. Everyone is suffering as a result. New leadership has been chipping away at the once great employee benefits package. It's starting to feel like we are getting nickel and dimed.

5 people found this review helpful

Manager, Culture and Internal Communications

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate you sharing it with us. Only through feedback can Alliant focus future actions to elevate the employee experience. You touched on many critical elements that are important to a growing organization, and we will share your thoughts with our executive leadership for a discussion.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to start off with and add to your skill set but.....

Apr 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Worked from 830 to 5pm - Working remotely - Company culture and inclusivity

Cons

- Paid time off benefit is more convenient for the company than it is for an employee to have a good work/life balance

Manager, Culture and Internal Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide our employees with the flexibility and workplace setup they need to succeed in their roles. We also care about employees’ work/life balance, and we believe our PTO policy supports those efforts. We start our new employees with 21 PTO days and 11 holidays, and we offer flexible time off to our senior leaders. Our employees’ well-being is our top priority, and we'd like to learn more about why you've had a different experience with our PTO benefit. Please feel free to contact your senior leader or anyone on the Human Capital Group to share more details with us.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Solid

Mar 14, 2022 - Member Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-Life balance Bonuses and decent compensation 21 PTO days Mobility

Cons

Micro-managing. Every minute is planned for you.

Manager, Culture and Internal Communications

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and we’re happy to see you’re enjoying the benefits and work/life balance Alliant provides you with. We’d also like to address your comment about time management. The Member Care Center plays a key role in interacting with our members and helping them with their banking needs. The team's goal is to provide a best-in-class member experience in every phone conversation our Member Service Consultants (MSC) answer each day. We understand that this job requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, structured and high call volume environment. We recognize that our MCC work busy schedules, assisting our members. We also recognize that our agents play a crucial role in bringing the Alliant Guiding Principles to life, and we want to share that we're at the beginning of making exciting changes to the MCC team. Many of your colleagues have recently become the Alliant Brand Ambassadors, we launched the MCC Nesting Program, and the MCC leadership is creating additional development & engagement programs to provide our MCC with a better experience and higher engagement. We hope all these programs will provide our MCC team with opportunities for growth and development.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Constant changes, not for the best.

Nov 5, 2021 - Mcc in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, hours and decent pay, member focused (for the most part.)

Cons

Alliant lost its focus on the employee around the time covid started. It used to be good place to work out. These days there are way too many unexpected changes. They seem to be milking employees of all their energy and you can see it in the amount of turn over they have. Of course they'll say it's not turnover but internal promotions that make it seem that way, while there are some promotions from within its very difficult to actually he promoted or switch departments. For an online only institution their online services and features are prehistoric and dated. Seems to me that for a company that keeps growing they should invest in developing their tech faster. They run a slim staff for customer service and constantly remove support of back office departments for their associates making it harder to get things done for clients.

6 people found this review helpful

Manager, Culture and Internal Communications

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to see you found value in key offerings of our employee value proposition while working for our credit union. However, we are sad to hear that your employee experience wasn’t as positive before you left Alliant. Alliant has gone through a lot of change and growth in the last couple of months. We recognize the great work all of our employees have put in to get us through the pandemic without enforcing any layoffs but continuing to grow our employee population. Lastly, in 2021, Alliant significantly increased its investment in technology and continues to invest in driving our technology to be the best in class. Alliant is very focused on the member journey and creating a great member (too many members) experience in all member interactions. Our goal is to continue to be a We have always been a challenger financial institution, and invest we continue to thrive in this space with thought leadership, technology, products and services. We are happy to hear our employees sharing their experiences with us online and in our recent engagement survey. Our senior leadership will consider this feedback in creating action plans for 2022.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ok place to work

Jan 28, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most employees seemed to be engaged and to buy into the company culture.

Cons

Too many meetings that too many people attended.

Manager, Culture and Internal Communications

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you're enjoying our engaged and rewarding workplace. We understand that meetings can fill our schedules quickly, but they are an unavoidable part of Alliant's collaborative culture. We strive to use the meeting time efficiently and effectively to drive results and move projects forward.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 160 Reviews

Alliant Credit Union Reviews FAQs

Alliant Credit Union has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 172 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Alliant Credit Union to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Alliant Credit Union employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Alliant Credit Union. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

71% of Alliant Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Alliant Credit Union 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Alliant Credit Union to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Alliant Credit Union Job Seekers