Alliant Credit Union Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2021

3.7
Alliant Credit Union CEO Dennis Devine
Dennis Devine
Pros
  • "Compensation, work life balance, flexibility(in 14 reviews)

• "Great Benefits, Great Pay and off on All Banking Holidays(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not all of upper management is approachable(in 5 reviews)

• "You do not get promoted for your hard work in the member service center(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Alliant is great.

Apr 15, 2021 - Member Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive environment, great benefits, extensive training programs, extremely diverse.

Cons

Competitive atmosphere for promotion, due to high employee volumes.

Manager, Culture & Internal Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear about your positive experience here at Alliant and wish you continued success at our credit union.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

The best credit union offering full banking services and best place to work

Mar 10, 2021 - Legal Counsel in Rolling Meadows, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

competitive salaries, updated technology, great support

Cons

Not enough growth from within

1 person found this review helpful

Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear about your positive experience here at Alliant. As we shared in our responses to recent reviews, at Alliant, we encourage and support career advancement at all levels within the organization. We hope that our continued focus on Individual Development Plans (IDPs) allows employees for increased career discussions with leaders. IDPs are completed with actionable steps designed to strengthen skills and identify opportunities to accelerate personal and career growth. We also encourage employees to take advantage of our benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, and invest time in furthering their education. The combination of both, credit union experience and personal investment in self-development, makes them great candidates for other roles within Alliant. Many employees take that route and express interest in internal opportunities as these arise. In 2020, 26% of our job openings were filled with internal candidates, and we continue supporting internal moves this year.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall good but they need to build their IT and NEED to understand acceptance of risk

Mar 29, 2021 - Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO, Benefits and Pay. The people are friendly and its half remote for the time being.

Cons

Their business risk office, any and everything they touch. Resources, they don't have enough people to get anything done.

Manager, Culture & Internal Communications

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to see you found Alliant to be the right career fit for you, and thank you for many years of contribution. We are proud of our large group of tenured employees who built their careers with our credit union, as they are a great testimony that Alliant is a great and rewarding workplace. Alliant has gone through a lot of change and growth in the last couple of months, which also impacted the IT and Risk Management divisions. As a growing financial institution, close to $15B now, we must meet all compliance, risk and regulatory requirements, which trigger more change in the ways we do business. Change can be overwhelming, especially when it affects our day-to-day, but it’s necessary for our credit union to continue to grow and to being able to keep our members’ assets safe. Lastly, workforce planning is a critical component of our talent management strategy. Enabling our business strategy and achieving business outcomes requires us to assess staffing needs regularly. We align the organizational needs and priorities with the people resources required to ensure we meet our enterprise priorities through ongoing workforce planning. All Alliant divisions go through this process, including IT. If you’d like to share any additional thoughts on how we could provide a better experience or address any additional concerns, please reach out to your leader or contact your human capital business partner to discuss. We always welcome constructive feedback.

4. 5.0

Excellent work place

Feb 24, 2021 - Mcc
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very helpful and friendly, pleasant work environment

Cons

No cons on this company

Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. We do appreciate you taking the time to share your Alliant experience with us, and we're delighted to hear you enjoy our great workplace culture.

5. 5.0

Great job

Feb 15, 2021 - Member Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great job and I wish I still worked there. Amazing benefits. And great team ethic.

Cons

I can’t really think of any cons.

Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. It always makes us happy to hear from employees who enjoy our culture and our people. We're glad you also experienced it while working for our credit union.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

What makes Alliant such an amazing place to work?

Apr 3, 2020 - Program Manager in Rolling Meadows, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many reviewers have expressed concerns about the location, different experiences with flexible and remote work arrangements, technology or the ability to grow at Alliant. Here is what I think makes Alliant an amazing place to work - Alliant provides a challenging and rewarding career opportunities for those who are willing to work hard, commit to Alliant’s mission and provide input that moves the organization further. Alliant is also an organization that adapts to the circumstances and do what’s best for its employees and members. It’s in times of crisis and uncertainty, where Alliant’s leadership proves its ability to lead the organization by successfully shifting its operations and business focus without having to lay employees off, cut on pay or benefits. I consider myself extremely fortunate to work for an organization that cares so much about its members and employees. If you’re looking for fancy offices with a bar and a game room, you may not find it here for a while now. But if you’re looking for a company that will challenge you, help you grow (if you’re willing to work hard), and provides you with job security in times of economic downturn, Alliant is a place for you and you should give it a chance. I’m glad I did.

Cons

Can't think of any.

4 people found this review helpful

Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We take all feedback seriously and fully evaluate suggestions. We are pleased to hear that you find Alliant offers a challenging and rewarding professional experience as we continually seek to enhance our employee value proposition. Alliant provides opportunities to learn and grow at all levels of the organization, and professional development is essential for all employees and even more so for our leaders. Our leaders wear many hats and appreciate everyone’s contributions and hard work put into making us a successful organization. We are very proud of our entire team coming together to meet the needs of our employees and our members during these uncertain times validating Alliant’s digital-first mission and our commitment to offering a “simple and exceptionally reliable digital experience.” We hope you stay safe and healthy, and we wish you continued success at Alliant.

7. 5.0

Best Company to work for

Feb 2, 2021 - Member Service Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, good pay, overtime availability, great staff and resources

Cons

I have not found any cons

Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear you are enjoying our engaged and rewarding workplace.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

some great people, not so great leadership

Mar 8, 2021 - Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Products are superior in the industry

Cons

Confused direction, terrible customer service

Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We pride ourselves on being an employee-focused company, and we understand that leaders play a key role in creating that experience. Alliant leaders participate in professional development programs to enhance their leadership skills. By investing in advancing leadership capabilities, our goal is to provide an employee experience that is challenging, rewarding and engaging, which leads to attracting, developing and retaining superior employees. We also pride ourselves in providing our members with an excellent customer service experience. Our practices around call quality and all member care policies and procedures are frequently reassessed and benchmarked against the best in the industry, with a goal to give our call center the best possible tools and practices to provide our members with an exceptional experience. We’d like to learn more about your observations of our customer service, so please reach out to your former leader or your Human Capital Business Partner to share your feedback.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Cheats

Feb 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company provide great benefits.

Cons

They cheat you out of a pay increase without providing any explanation as to why. They know other employees are cheating the systems but never address it. They promote who they like,

Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience, and we encourage you to reach out to your leader to discuss your concerns. Alliant uses market data to ensure our employees are fairly rewarded for their performance. If you are aware of a situation in which policies are being violated, please contact your Human Capital Business Partner to report the situation. Employees can also report concerns anonymously through EthicsPoint, and we guarantee you that we'll investigate your concern.

10. 2.0

Downward spiral

Feb 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work and member focused

Cons

Unrealistic workload, 12+ hour days and weekends are the norm, CEO is a dictator

Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for your comment. Even though we are saddened to hear about your experience, we are glad you shared it with us. Alliant has gone through a lot of change and growth in the last couple of months, and we’ll share your feedback with the executive team to ensure they are aware of your experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 131 Reviews