Allianz Care Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
Allianz Care Chief Executive Officer Ida Luka-Lognone
Ida Luka-Lognone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Paid health insurance for staff and family members" (in 17 reviews)

• "Good benefits and great people to work with" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Often the team leaders are suddenly involved with projects and tasks without them knowing or without it even being discussed with them" (in 14 reviews)

• "Other cons include long hours and non-central location" (in 5 reviews)

"We all hope for positive changes"

I have been working at Allianz Care full-time

Pros

Except the benefits that were mentioned many times on Glassdoor like working from home, health insurance etc I would like to highlight a few more positive things.
    We had a huge backlog in the claims department for many years. Last year we got a new Head of Claims who has innovative ideas. Just a few months after he started working we managed to clear the queue and finally we are within SLA. You see how quick things can change (in a positive way) if you hire the right people?!
    I noticed that HR replies very detailed to reviews since last week giving more information about future plans and what actions they are taking to resolve issues. The previous replies we got on Glassdoor seemed to me like “copy/ paste replies” as they were almost the same. I really appreciate the effort HR department is putting to establish a nicer work environment.
    I would also like to mention that Glassdoor became for many employees a communication tool as it can be very difficult to discuss issues with management and even with HR as employees are afraid that this could have negative effects on their job.

Cons

Even if I do appreciate that HR is organizing “Leadership as Profession programme” for Team Leads please have in mind that you cannot change someone’s personality. I know that SOME Team Leads receive EVERY YEAR really bad AES scores and Claims Officers are even complaining about inappropriate behaviour (the language their Team Leads use, their approach, badmouthing others, not being proactive). If someone receives negative feedback FOR YEARS we need to accept that the person will most probably never change and it’s better to terminate their contract with Allianz Care instead of keeping them in the company and letting others leave the company because of them.
    In my opinion many raised issues are just getting ignored by the management, especially when employees are complaining about bullying. Again, most employees I spoke to discussed issues with management instead of HR.
    Relationship “Management – Claims officer” isn’t the best. Some managers are only focused on “paper work” and leave social skills behind. Just to give an example: My own manager asked me my name after being OVER 2 YEARS in the company.
    Some decisions regarding promotions aren’t clear (hmm, actually they are). Even if I do admit that many promotions were fair for some employees everyone knew that they will get promoted just because they are “friends” with someone. Do you know the feeling when someone doesn’t put much effort into work but is confirming everything the Team Leads says and it laughing at the stupidest jokes. You know in advance that the person will get promoted just because the person is “licking other people’s...”. This is in my opinion happening too often in this company.
    It’s a pity that many skilled, polite Team Leads left the company as they found supervisor or manager positions in other companies (FUNNY FACT – they have been rejected for the same positions in Allianz Care). This becomes even more sad having in mind that Allianz Care hired many Supervisors/ Managers from outside who (MAYBE) have leadership skills but have never worked in insurance companies (but other fields e.g. supervisor in a bank, tech company etc).

Jul 10, 2018 – Human Resources

Hello, and thanks for your review. The HR team is delighted to read that you recognise the effort being put into establishing a nicer work environment for all employees at Allianz Care.

A culture... More

"Cannot recommend Allianz Care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The HR team is genuinely very active trying to make Allianz Care a better work place. They offer onsite massages, sport clubs, discounts for the local Gym, town hall talks on interesting topics and engage in discussions around diversity and LGBT. They also try to listen to their employees and implement small improvements.
    Allianz Care has a cafeteria and nice coffee place. Lastly, the people are nice and always happy to help out.

Cons

Allianz Care can be compared with organisations back in the 80s. It fosters an extremely top-down management style, challenging your manager's decisions is frowned upon (or worse), internet access is blocked, 3-month notice period, people are expected to sit at their desk from 9 to 5 and still need to clock in and out at their shift, the office itself is terribly boring with zero color.
    The technology and systems are shockingly old. Allianz uses a virtual environment that is controlled out of Paris (using Windows 7 and IE 11) which is slow and causes tons of trouble with fundamental business tools.
    Allianz Care works in extreme silos, where the different functions often don't get along and blame each other for failed projects. Even the senior leaders don't get along and play political games, which is often reflected in changing business priorities.
    Officially Allianz Care wants to change and adapt a modern way of working, but with the same senior leaders in the same positions they have for years, change will not be possible. They hired some very good new leaders and these folks had great positive impact, but there are still a lot of leaders stuck in their 80's command and control style. A lot of new mid-level and higher-level managers I spoke to privately expressed their frustration and the high turnover rate will continue if the organisational culture will not improve soon.

Advice to Management

Hire new senior leaders and actively drive a cultural change. You need to take big, bold steps of change if you want to remain competitive in Dublin with all the Tech companies around. Talk to your mid-level leaders and listen to their concerns. Renovate and modernise the office.

Jul 3, 2018 – Human Resources

Hello, and thank you for your honest feedback. We are happy to hear you think positively about the people working at Allianz Care and that you appreciate the work being done by HR.

To address... More

"Some good things, some not so good."

Current Employee - Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All team members treat each other with respect and work together with the aim of getting things done.

Cons

The work environment and the management was far from top of the line. No perks and bonuses to make the job enjoyable and less stressful! Bad leadership, vision, and metrics. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy!

Advice to Management

Free lunch and breakfast, open floor plan, approachable management, intelligent and sophisticated offices would be a start.

Jun 28, 2018 – Human Resources

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to feedback on areas where you feel Allianz Care can improve. Your review is very timely as 'leadership as a profession' is an area we have been investing in... More

"busy busy busy"

Current Employee - Helpline Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Helpline Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good starting salary with increase as per your time spent at the company. also they give you some nice things like health insurance.

Cons

no real progression and in helpline it can be very trying. most of the supervisors and managers are awful as they treat you like inhumans.

Advice to Management

treat your staff with more respect.

"not for the faint hearted"

Former Employee - Claims Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Claims Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Allianz Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to work from home (if over a year at the company and meet the metrics) and have a flexible work schedule.

Cons

The company does not give you all the tools you need to work within and also advance your career. AWC does not promote a positive and work productive environment. Management isnt cooperative or listens to employees ideas.
    Management is horrible. Can never get help when needed. There is a high turn over rate here and most of the talented people are leaving, have left or are looking to leave.

Advice to Management

I did not like sitting all day for close to 10 hours i think they need to give you the option to get up and move up/around some times. Your bones get stiff and you gain weight from not moving enough. The breaks are to short and the canteen is catastrophic.

"A review from someone positive and NO i am not from HR or Management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance
    Car insurance
    Monthly bonus
    Work from home
    Smart casual dress code
    Easy reachable targets

I have been working here more than three years, i would NOT be still here if the company was as bad as some people make out. Unfortunately some teams have stagnant team members who appear in the same roles a number of years as a result bad mouth the company to new starters. The level of whining is incredible from negative colleagues . No one likes to be around negative people, if you are that unhappy leave you are replaceable with nice positive people see were else will employee you with a bad attitude. There are plently of opportunities to progress within the company but having a bad attitude you will not go far and why would you when there are people who go above and beyond each day for their own job satisfaction . To the last post you stated all trained team leaders left the company , two teamleaders left but were replaced with very experienced teamleaders who are very techincal and well capable for the job i personally find all teamleaders and management very approachable and very fair. All teamleaders go above and beyond to help colleagues, what more would you like from the company . Positive changes happened within the last year as a result of the AES the company do listen to our ideas and do try accommodate the requests . Personally i am very happy in my role . Yes you can be changed to different teams but people forget you are employeed as a claims officer all roles are the same its just different product you process.

Cons

As it is such a large company yes communication can be a small issue but what company is prefect at this .

Advice to Management

The majority of colleagues are happy within operations, unfortunately you have the same negative members posting over and over and it is very easy to pin point who they are once you work here more than three years . Teamleaders and management keep up your hard work and good efforts it is appreciated by positive people.

"Fast paced, fast changing, multinational organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Allianz Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This a great company with a hugely dedicated team of people. It’s fast moving and like all multinational companies is in a constant state of change. It’s a high performance culture - so expectations are high - but it’s a brilliant place to learn and develop. There are lots of opportunities for people who want to progress.

Plainly, given some of the reviews here, not everyone has had a positive experience but my own view is that this is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

It’s constantly changing, the matrix can be a challenge, demands are high... My own perception is that the management team are very committed to making it a better place to work.

"Lots of positives here too!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Allianz Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Come on guys! I honestly can't believe what I am reading here!!
    This is a large global organisation with vast opportunities for personal development, career growth and the chance to work almost anywhere in the world!

That level of success demands drive, determination, hard work and support from your colleagues and managers which personally I found I could always count on.

In my experience, I found my Manager second to none and HR were always supportive with an open door policy which gave me the confidence to have open and frank discussions with them...and this trust was never broken.

As mentioned by other reviewers there are ample benefits for allianz employees - good salary, proactive performance management, performance related bonuses, training and development, numerous wellbeing initiatives, sports and social club, childcare vouchers, bike schemes, private healthcare, pension, EAP, flexi working, i could go on....

With the right attitude you can excel at this company and unlock your true potential.

Cons

With this size of company there are always some cons but nothing like previous reviews.

In my experience I never saw bullying. I did see political discussions between departments and yes at times they can be tiring but all staff still pull together to achieve the client goal.

As the company has grown you do sometimes feel like a number and a little disconnected from other offices but all global organisations are like this. Allianz is not unique here.

Advice to Management

You have so many positives to work with and so much to offer. I hope the AES provides honest insight to attract and retain the right people for your business.

May 14, 2018 – Head of Human Resources

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. Our AES is our critical employee engagement feedback tool and we have many initiatives on-going as a result of last year's results, endeavouring to... More

"Client Service Officer"

Former Employee - Client Service Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Client Service Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Allianz Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good package (salary, pension, certification in insurance)

Cons

Long hours, stressful
    Non existent management

"Overall it's a good place to work . I am not from HR or a member of management"

Current Employee - Claims Officer
    Current Employee - Claims Officer

I have been working at Allianz Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company pays a decent salary for a job that requires no skills . In house on the job training . Opportunities to move within departments and they will pay for further education. Paid health insurance for staff and family members. If you want a car they will give you a very low interest loan. Bonus each month performance based and a decent Christmas bonus. Christmas savings club too. They pay towards bus tickets or else towards car insurance . Flexible starting times . They are really accommodating in that way I have to say . You need to leave a bit early ,No problem. They do have free tea and coffee in the tea stations and fresh fruit each month. We wanted microwaves ...we got them...we wanted casual dress....we got it. It makes me so sad to read that people feel bullied I would urge them to speak with management they really want an open door policy . There are lots of ways to tell them about any issues. If we don't tell them how can they fix it ?We have a new manager in claims and he's fresh and new and wants change . Yes the reviews were mentioned at a staff meeting I really think they genuinely want to hear what's wrong . He said his door is open and he really means it. They do organise nights out but usually turn out isn't great so maybe that's why it's not more regular. Lots of people don't like these activities so it's really hard to find the right balance. Overall the company do a lot for staff. Overtime is paid at a generous rate. Progression is possible if you put the work in.

Cons

Sometimes the quieter people are a little forgotten and overpowered by the fact that unfortunately the old rule of those who shout the loudest get the most. This can be really frustrating as in my experience management give these people whatever they want. Teams need to be changed around as I feel those who sit in negative atmosphere will then become negative too and this is the root of the problem. You can not please everyone just keep things fair and balanced. Yes the facilities bathrooms and tea stations are not so clean so please tell staff to clean up after themselves as the cleaning staff should not have to clean up when people have spilled their coffee all over the floor and not bothered to clean it up themselves !

Advice to Management

Advice to my TL and Manager ...your doing a great job thanks for being so approachable and open your staff are happy and trust you will sort issues if they arise . I don't like to speak up in group situations but I know I can go privately anytime. Advice to other management ...take direction and tips from the floors where moral is high ask that manager what he's doing and make it company wide.

Apr 18, 2018 – Head of Human Resources

Many thanks for taking the time to give a review. We very much appreciate it and we are on a continuous journey of enhancing the overall employee experience. Claire Cusack Director of Human... More