Allianz Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Allianz CEO Oliver Bäte
Oliver Bäte

Pros
  • Work life balance: possibility to take days off (2 (in 77 reviews)

• the working environment is so nice (in 25 reviews)

Cons

"Good job, great benefits, not great pay"

Former Employee - Billing Finance in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Billing Finance in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Professional workplace, good people, lots of PTO in the first year, lots of training, great 401k match, mostly low stress.

Cons

Too many layoffs and offshoring with no security from position or department choice. Not a lot of sharing of information, very divided between departments.

2. "Underwriting"

Former Employee - Underwriting in Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Underwriting in Novato, CA

I worked at Allianz (More than 10 years)

Pros

Allianz has great benefits and a casual working environment with flexibility

Cons

You never know when you are going to get laid off which is a routine activity. Allianz is moving operations and support jobs to India on a global basis, leaving no career path or options for redeployment. There is a big question mark on where the transfer to India stops.

Advice to Management

Management seems to have detailed strategies for success but the plans do not include the rank and file workers for future employment. No one know how many jobs will be moving to India and at what levels.

"Training Materials Need Updating and Trainers Need Training"

Former Employee - Account Technician in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Technician in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allianz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The vacation benefit was excellent!

Cons

I worked in the Chicago office on Monroe Street. There was inadequate seating for employees who wanted to stay in and eat lunch. The employee premium contribution for medical insurance was quite a bit more than my previous employer. When I was hired for this position, I was told I would be working with four underwriters. I was assigned accounts belonging to eleven underwriters. I had the same number of accounts assigned to me as coworkers who had been there for 10+ years. During the interview, I was told I would eventually take on international accounts. When I was assigned my accounts, international accounts were assigned from the beginning. One long-term employee was assigned domestic accounts only. I don't know why she received special treatment. Training for Account Technicians needs to be improved (see the Advice to Management section for details).

Advice to Management

Training for Account Technicians needs to be improved. I was required to complete several insurance classes online. The online training system did not operate properly. I had received a message indicating Java needed updating. I updated Java. The computer tech advised that I should not update Java because the training system would not work properly. Due to Java issues, I had problems seeing certain sections of the training and seeing and answering certain test questions. I skipped those questions and then failed the test because I didn't accumulate enough points. Very frustrating! When the tech finally resolved the issue, I had to go through the training and testing process again. It took way too much time. I also received a Java error message each time I entered payroll. I had three trainers. Though using outdated training materials designed for a different department/line of business, one of my trainers did an excellent job. She was thorough, took her time, and went step-by-step through the one process she trained me on. I felt confident in her ability to train and audit my work. I was off audit and on my own quite quickly for this process. Unfortunately, shortly after I finished my training, the department learned this process was going to be moved to the St. Louis office. A few weeks into my training, my second trainer took on additional job responsibilities. The way she trained changed: When the man that sat across from her was at his desk, she would train slowly; when the man was not at his desk, she would train super fast. When I mentioned to her in an email that she should let me know if she didn't have enough time to train me (because of her added responsibilities), she came over to my desk and told me not to email anything like that again . . . tell her verbally. I found her to be untrustworthy in her auditing. I completed an endorsement using the same format another employee had used previously. I emailed my trainer the endorsement for her to review/audit. I received an auto email response indicating she had opened the email I sent. Thirty seconds later, she responded that the endorsement was good. I doubt she could have reviewed the endorsement in 30 seconds. This was confirmed the next day when I completed a similar endorsement for a different time period. My trainer said the endorsement was incorrect. I advised her that she had reviewed and approved a similar endorsement the previous day and that another employee completed the endorsements in this manner. I could hear her talking to someone (I expect the other employee) in a loud, animated manner. She advised I should send the endorsement through as it was (though not correct) and to not go back and change the endorsement I completed the previous day. She also provided me with a training manually that was marked up with somebody's notes. She made the comment that I like notes, so this manual should work for me. I do like to take my own notes, but I don't want a manual marked up with notes written by another person. I don't know how good their notes are! I also used the department spreadsheet to email an international contact. I didn't receive a response. I finally found out that the contact had left the company more than a year prior (there needs to be more communication and the spreadsheet needs to be updated so time is not wasted emailing incorrect contacts). When I asked if the person who maintains the spreadsheet had been advised to remove the contact, she got upset and blew off my question. My third trainer was a very nice person. She had just returned from a long-term leave and was trying to refresh her own memory about the processes. We were both told that I should "shadow" her, but we found out later that she was actually supposed to be training me on the processes (not just letting me "shadow").

5. "CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Allianz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

relax easygoing and fun staff

Cons

pay increase is small and slow

Advice to Management

none

6. "Former long term employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Allianz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k match, daycare on site.

Cons

Double standards and very political. Too many tiers of management.

Advice to Management

Better management training, listen to your people.

"Worst Place to Work in the Entire World"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Richmond, VA

I worked at Allianz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

close to the short pump mall

Cons

management does not care about your health or work life balance.
    management is uneducated
    they steal customers money through their event protector product on ticket master. The director stated that it was good for revenue, when people make a purchase and have no idea.

8. "Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Allianz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Allianz is a great place to work. They believe in treating their employees fair and present them with opportunities to climb the corporate ladder and promote within.

Cons

The shifts are not forty hours per week. The insurance is not costly however it's not one of the state's better plans for the number of people working there.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice for management. I believe my manager does a great job with our team and keeping us wanting to come back every day.

"Ok Company"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allianz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is flexible regarding work hours and they'll let you decide at what time you start and finish your work day.

Cons

Bad I.T. Systems and way too many of them. This company is top heavy on the management side and does not have enough worker bees in some areas. That creates a bad experience for many people.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that actually do the work and develop processes around them instead of what you think is best.

10. "good experience"

Current Employee - Sourcing Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sourcing Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Allianz (More than a year)

Pros

family orientated experienced management culture growing nice office

Cons

stronger vision needed and more perks new equipment coming soon though

11. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - IT Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - IT Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Allianz (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive salaries and benefits packages, excellent work-life balance, professional.

Cons

Constant organizational change can make some employees uneasy

Advice to Management

None