Allianz Reviews | Glassdoor

Allianz CEO Oliver Bäte
Oliver Bäte

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Working hours for some Group areas are unnacceptable for German standards with deteriorates work/life balance" (in 26 reviews)

• "Senior Management board were quite inconsiderate" (in 16 reviews)

1. "Don’t leave"

I worked at Allianz full-time

Pros

Best company ever!!! Good benefits amazing pay! Once you’re in stay in!!!!

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

"CSR / Travel Sales Associate Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA

I worked at Allianz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The building that the headquarters in Richmond is located in is very nice.

Cons

1. No matter what they tell you, it's an inbound call center. You are expected to be available on the phones from the literal second (that's recorded) you log on, to the literal second (also recorded) you log off. You are given two 10 minute breaks, and a choice between a 30 minute or 60 minute lunch. If you choose the latter, your day is extended to accommodate the lost time on the phone.
    2. If you somehow end up in this situation with a degree, you will be reporting to an immediate supervisor whose highest tier of education is high school. This individual is responsible for pulling calls you took, supposedly at random, and critiquing them. If you fail an absurd metric, such as forgetting to provide a canned sequence of information at the end of a call, you will fail. Fail a call and you will forfeit any possibility of seeing a monthly bonus.
    3. Monthly bonuses: During my time in this position, my team generated premiums in excess of one million dollars every month for six months straight. If you failed a call, you would not realize any bonus for your contributions. Fear not, for you WILL receive a rubber bracelet similar to the LIVE STRONG bracelets that instead reads "Million Dollar Club." In addition, you will receive a coupon for a cup of soup redeemable at the cafe downstairs in the lobby.
    4. Employee Appreciation Days: Other departments are invited and welcome to join outdoor cookouts and half days with a cold beer. It looked very pleasant actually. I would have enjoyed them had we not been required to remain on the phones to continue servicing calls instead.
    5. Staff Development: Career development is probably something that is valued in other departments. However if you are one of the unfortunate souls that make up the claims, customer service, or sales departments - you're doomed. During my two years there, I knew of only one person able to break out of these departments in a vertical transition to something like Finance, Underwriting, or Marketing.
    6. Weekends & Holidays: If you are in this role, you will be working alternating weekends. I have heard that since I left, you actually are compensated better for the mandatory weekend rotations. That being said, you are also expected to work Holidays. Every time you work a holiday, you accrue points. If you have enough points by the time a major holiday rolls around, say Christmas, there is a lottery system in place that works like a draft. If you do not have enough holiday points, you're working Christmas. While I was there, I worked every major holiday including Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
    7. Hourly Pay: As stated above, I'm aware that there has since been adjustments to the hourly rate of CSR and Sales. When I was there, the base pay for normal business schedule was $13 / hour. If you wanted to see the most pay, you had to be willing to work from 4:00PM until midnight for $15 / hour.
    8. PTO: You must accrue the PTO before you can actually use it. You may not take off the same day that someone else on your team has reserved. There must always be enough people on the phones to service calls.
    9. The calls: Be prepared to deal with the absolute worst that this planet has to offer in terms of humanity or lack-thereof. You are the front lines for servicing phone calls for disgruntled customers that were foolish enough to fall for the product this company sells in the first place. The majority of your calls will be to either refund people that mistakenly purchased the policy at the time of purchasing tickets, or sell the policy itself, or notify a customer that their claim is not covered by the policy. I unfortunately had to tell numerous cancer patients that their condition was considered pre-existing and likely would not be covered by the policy at the time that they filed. By the end of the day, it was more common that I received some sort of death wish from a cancer patient than not. I can't say that I blame them.
    10. Management: They are aware of all of this. They do not care. They will always have a pool of people to draw from that hold a high school diploma, or are under employed with a bachelor's degree.

Advice to Management

Call centers, by their very nature, are absurd and unfortunately a necessary evil for a successful corporation. With that in mind, please be more cognizant of your employees' mental health and daily responsibilities. The pay is so egregiously low that it seems borderline criminal if not evil to deny a monthly bonus based on failing an insignificant metric like returning late to your desk after using the restroom. No one, and I cannot emphasize this enough, NO ONE enjoys your hokey incentives to increase efficiency and business profitability. Recording your employees on the phone dealing with upset customers while dancing around and blasting Pharell's song "Happy" is about as close as I can imagine the 7th circle of hell resembles. Coupons for a cup of soup for bringing in a million dollars in 30 days is bombastically insulting. Pay your employees better, allow them to share in appreciation days without giving them the uneaten portion of cold hamburgers and hotdogs, be more flexible with PTO, and admit that there are serious flaws with the coverage you provide in your policies to external customers.

3. "Billing"

I worked at Allianz full-time

Pros

Amazing Benefits
    Great Company
    Other departments have a positive reputation.

Cons

Billing Dept supervisors and management
    Poor systems
    Poor communication across departments
    Unethical business practices

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to investigate billing managers and supervisors as well as verify the accuracy of reports.

4. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Support Services Associate in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Support Services Associate in Fresno, CA

I worked at Allianz full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance is awesome.

Cons

The PTO could be a little more.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing.

"It turned ghetto and I wasn't having it"

Former Employee - Claims Examiner in Henrico, VA
    Former Employee - Claims Examiner in Henrico, VA

I worked at Allianz (More than a year)

Pros

You will meet some pretty cool people and enjoy good food...

Cons

Whatever you were hired to do..forget about it. Management will USE the hell out of you.
    I was a Claims Examiner..and they were basically trying to make me a part time Benefits rep because they were short staffed...no you wont.
    Constantly refusing requested days off because..as usual..we were short staffed in another department,(benefits)
    Management constantly refusing to do work and pushing it on others.
    Pay raises are a joke
    There's just so much to say about this prison.

Advice to Management

Hire better staff (quality)

6. "Junior Underwriter"

I worked at Allianz full-time

Pros

Training, technical level, expertise, excellence and compliance.

Cons

Low salaries, senior management, hr.

7. "Analysts"

Current Employee - Suitably Reviewer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Suitably Reviewer in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Great Environment. Motivated Leadership, Employee Development

Cons

Low Pay, Lack of appreciation.

8. "Pricing Analyst- UK Guildford"

Pros

Share incentive plan, nice colleagues, good work life balance

Cons

Salary, changing values, restructures and redundancies

9. "Manager"

I have been working at Allianz full-time

Pros

Good benefits environment and salary

Cons

Rigid work process and low efficiency

10. "CSR 1 & 2"

Former Employee - CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I & II in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I & II in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Allianz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly FT hours btwn 7-6 pm Mon- Thu and 7-5 pm on all Fridays, benefits are nice, very employee friendly with monthly giveaways in points for rewards

Cons

too strict on Call Quality Adherence (QA) of 96%, very limited help after you hit the phones if not hitting this QA, Management not flexible with a lot

Advice to Management

Become more consistent with other companies out there, 90% on QA