Allianz Worldwide Care Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Allianz Worldwide Care Chief Executive Officer Ida Luka-Lognone
Ida Luka-Lognone

Pros
  • Good benefits and great people to work with (in 9 reviews)

• Health insurance for you and your partner as a benefit in your package (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Team leaders and management are not trained to do their job (in 9 reviews)

• At any rate, they certainly put the fear of God into senior and middle management, as whingeing about them is prevalent throughout the company, (in 4 reviews)

"Generally good place to work for"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My manager was very nice and always ensured I felt comfortable in the role

Cons

The pay is low enough and the bonuses are not great, slow pay rise system

Advice to Management

You should compensate your workers more adequately and make higher up managers easier to approach.

2. "Senior Java Developer"

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time

Pros

Encourage using Open Source and Good Training

Cons

Same project dependency. Difficult to move to a new project.

Advice to Management

Better Rotation

3. "Financial Administrator"

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time

Pros

Exposure to a global environment in a multinational company
    Health insurance for you and your partner as a benefit in your package

Cons

Very old systems
    Limited opportunities for progression
    Salary is not competitive
    Location is not ideal for those who do not drive

Advice to Management

AWC is unable to keep their best staff due to lack of incentives and motivation. From systems to dress code, all employees find themselves wanting to do better

"Great people, multiple systems but not integrated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and great people to work with. The HR has been investing a lot on wellbeing activities such as massages, pilates and a lot of health related talks.
    End of the year bonus according to performance.
    Top management are making an effort to communicate promptly about changes in the company.
    It's up to your manager to be flexible with work-life balance, allowing you to work from home or flexitime - possible on some departments but not in others.

Cons

Systems are not integrated therefore there are a lot of manual reporting.
    Lack of investment on new technologies - new ideas take years to be implemented due to lack of budget.
    IT issues take a life time to be solved.
    Dress code - only sales managers meet clients every now and then but the dress code applies to all employees / this means spending your money on work clothes.
    Location - not the best area to work, only a spar and the internal canteen to eat nearby.

Advice to Management

Take time to listen to your staff. Everyone is busy and want to get things done, work would be more enjoyable and easier with more approachable managers.

Mar 13, 2017 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments which we have taken on board. We are currently investing significantly in our Digital Strategy and this will improve systems integration. Regards Claire Cusack Human ... More

6. "Busy fast moving dynamic, diverse, global company"

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial type company fast growing and not a typical insurance company. Very good benefits, people are friendly and supportive, great mix of experience within the company

Cons

Demanding, busy and lots of priorities. Otherwise like all companies it has pros and cons, think like all companies going through growth and change there can be some confusion but this will settle down

Advice to Management

Clear strategy and continue regular communication

Mar 13, 2017 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Improving communication channels is a key priority for me this year and I appreciate your feedback. Regards Claire Cusack Human Resources Direcor

"HR writing reviews here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse teams, flexible hours, working from home project
    The work in claims can be interesting and colleagues will help you out whenever you come across something new. Would recommend to a friend at the start of their career.

Cons

Lack of communication in management, high level of stress at times, meetings can be conducted in an intimidating manner, pressure to come to work when sick, lack of recognition, lack of development opportunities, HR writing fake and unrealistic 5 star reviews on here, questionable promotions, pay is not terrible but for dublin not great, cost containment procedures like letting us go home early then take it out of our toil

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and fix actual issues in the company instead of just fixing non issues, stop leaving obviously fake reviews on here.

Would I quit at this time? No, but enough other colleagues are.

Mar 13, 2017 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback. I can assure the HR team do not write fake reviews on this site. I appreciate your comments on communication and we are working on improving ... More

8. "I don't understand most of the reviews here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have seen a lot of fairly negative messages about this company here, some if not many - I find - harshly unfair. Is this the perfect company: No. But such a thing does not exist. Is this a great, secure and challenging place to work: You bet it is.
    Experiences may surely vary depending on the department you step in, but all in all this company offers you the workplace you want to have - show enthusiasm, challenge your ideas, focus on the client rather than decorating the office for Paddys day, and you will find your place, you will make your way.
    AWC is one of the key players in one of the most fast-paced industries of our time, and a successful one at that. Having the name alone on your CV ups your value by a great deal.
    One thing when you work here: You need to be in for the long haul. Success does not come overnight, and it does not come easy. But then again, show me a place where it is fast and easy ...
    A lot of rumours are circulated via this platform - No you don't need to be Irish to make a career in AWC. I am not Irish. On the contrary, having a second language and a different cultural background may greatly increase your chances of a) getting a job here and b) succeeding in it.
    You get a package that is more than fair, and your contract is valued to the last dot. Can you say that about every employer? No, I don't think so.
    Success in this company is what you make out of it. Work hard, be persistent, and don't whine every single time you hit a small road block - this is the way to get where you plan to be - and yes, it takes time. But the knowledge you gain along the way is incomparable in this market.
    The company is structured to be the market leader - that's why I'm here. For years now, and not planning to leave.
    A lot is done for employees that I have not seen before to that extent. On site massages, an unparalleled wellness programme, and the location is better than many posts here suggest.
    And yes, I know people that had a not so good experience in AWC - but those are really rare cases, understandable in a company with 1K+ Employees.
    And no, I am not working for HR, nor am I affiliated with them.

Cons

Yes, the IT needs an overhaul but that is owed to the unparalleled growth over the last years. Management and Employees should not get nervous that easy in times of stagnation, but apart from that there is little downsides - you are working for Allianz for a decent package after all.
    One thing maybe: We have 2017 - people should have the possibility to work from home on the odd occasion- there has to be a way to get to that point. This would greatly increase the client centricity.

Advice to Management

Continue to center around the clients needs, and communicate strategies and long term plans clearer - this would avoid a lot of confusion and uncertainty.

9. "Helpline Officer"

Current Employee - Helpline Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Helpline Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good package, higher Management listen when you need them (for real issue), putting everything possible to make you feel better - HR business partner has been very helpful and understanding

Cons

Communication on the company direction, dedicate a bit more to your employee more than only a few selection of person. this will help to keep their motivation up high! Some TL can be a bit narcissic and bully.

Advice to Management

keep in mind that your staff make the company - and that some issue arise among the Helpline because of some TLs which are not people person at all.

10. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time

Pros

Fast paced, collaborative and friendly working environment. Great exposure to working in an international environment in a very interesting industry. career development opportunities if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

Like a lot of companies communication between management and staff could be better. This does seem to be something that is being working on though and is improving.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff feedback and keep looking for ways to improve

Feb 20, 2017 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. A full review of our employer brand and communication methods is a key priority for 2017. Claire Cusack Human Resources Director

"Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Sales in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Sales in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Within the AWC Sales Team, I was priviledged to work on some very high profile and rewarding opportunities with a fantastic team of people.

Advantages of working here:

1. Culturally diverse, dnyamic working environment
    2. Colleagues in Dublin, Dubai, Qatar and Brussels who really want to go the extra mile to deliver against client expectations
    3. Flexible working arrangements
    4. Structured performance reviews with real prospects for career development
    5. Wide range of training programmes
    6. Rapidly expanding company
    7. Supportive HR team to assist with any staff enquiries or concerns
    8. Staff ideas are welcomed
    9. Financial rewards and recognition for driven indiviiduals
    10. Work is fast paced, challenging and always evolving
    11. AWC do not carry passengers - although I see this as a huge plus, this is not the type of company where bare minimum and low effort is accepted. If you are not a self starter, driven and highly motivated person, this is not the place for you.
    12. Free Parking
    13. Subsidised staff canteen with ample choice for all tastes
    14. Wide ranging health and well being initiatives including fruit baskets,health screenings and on site massages
    15. Sports and social club & gym membership

Cons

As with every company, there are some areas for development but AWC are very engaging with their staff through regular team meetings, Town Halls, Performance reviews and Employee Engagement Surveys.

Areas for development:

1. With a Head Office in Paris and Operational hub in Dublin, I personally found a divide between the two sites, present at every staff level.
    2. All sales opportunities are pursued which with limited staff resources means real opportunities are jeopardised by spreading resources too thinly
    3. As a global company with offices in several countries worldwide, communication can be slow and disjointed. This can also result in delayed decision making.
    4. You must be prepared to adapt and react quickly to changing legislation, expanding product ranges, structures and routes to market, often at relatively short notice and minimal training. If this is the type of environment you like, you will thrive here but if you like the same day to day routine, this probably isn't the right environment for you.
    5. You should be prepared to shout about your successes - in such a busy environment, thanks and recognition is sometimes overlooked and is given to he who shouts loudest and not necessarily to those who do the work. This is particularly common when work is carried out in Dublin for teams located in Paris.
    6. Charismatic leadership is lacking

Advice to Management

Charismatic leaders who engage with staff at all levels and inspire change through open and honest communication would be welcomed. I witnessed several instances of communication after the event which makes Senior Management appear out of touch and disengaged which has an immediate knock on effect with employees. I have a concern that the culture AWC worked hard to develop is at risk.

There is a culture that employees should respond in the way Managers would like rather than to give an honest opinion which prevents forward progression.

Feb 20, 2017 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment and provide valuable feedback. . We will take your comments on board. Regards Claire Cusack Human Resources Director