Allianz Worldwide Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Allianz Worldwide Care Chief Executive Officer Ida Luka-Lognone
Ida Luka-Lognone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They are team leaders because they are Irish (in 14 reviews)

• dress code applies to all employees / this means spending your money on work clothes (in 4 reviews)

"Early Impressions"

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours. Can come in pretty much anytime from 6am once you complete your hours you can go home.
    Option to work from home.
    Health, Home and Motor Insurance subsidy.
    Pension.
    Travel subsidy.
    Free Parking.
    Location is easily accessible. More so by car.
    Culturally Diverse and teams seem friendly.
    Casual Attire.
    Excellent starter Training. Thorough and structured from the start. Targets slowly increase over the first year and seem reasonable. Plenty of feedback given.
    Onsite canteen, coffee shop and multiple kitchenettes on each floor.
    Pay is competitive, fairly transparent and well structured.
    Monthly bonuses and service bonuses available. Overtime available.
    Pretty much left to your own devices if you can manage your own workload.
    I haven't had too much dealing with all the Management but they seem to take on board feedback from staff where possible.

Cons

Hours can be long.
    Canteen could be subsidised more.
    Systems can be slow.
    (Of what I've seen so far)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work so far. Opportunity to highlight the diverse culture and strengthen the company values more throughout the offices. Sometimes seems to takes itself too seriously. Maybe inject a bit more fun and personality.

Allianz Worldwide Care Response

Jan 5, 2018 – Head of Human Resources

Many thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. We have indeed had some systems issues with our servers and there is a lot of work in the Allianz Technology Company to help stabilise this... More

"A review from someone positive (And no I don't work in HR/Management)"

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very generous company in terms of benefit, bonuses and salary for entry level, no experience positions.. company has worked extremely hard to turn around some outdated office practices in favour of giving staff more autonomy, control and choice over their working arrangements and this is ongoing. Staff engagement efforts are improving year on year and staff wellbeing/work-life balance initiatives are great - on-site massages, on site dentist, on-site banking, working from home, well-being lectures and seminars to name a few.
    There are plentiful opportunities to grow and develop in roles if you are willing to develop your skills and engage.

Cons

There are plenty of areas for improvement as with any large organisation, but not a single one that would make me say I am not satisfied with working here or that I don't think I could have a conversation with my manager about.

Advice to Management

Keep up your efforts and hard work!!
    To the team leader and management groups who are on the receiving end of negative (almost libelous) Glassdoor posts - there are people in this company who do know what a hard job you do and how task heavy your roles are - so don't allow those who aren't willing to air their grievances and participate in adult conversations to come up with realistic solutions poison the morale of otherwise engaged, happy and productive employees!

As for AWC only promoting Irish people - this is false - or only promoting people who have the right friends - this is also false - or treating people like numbers - this is false again..... everyone is given a fair chance, and often 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 chances if they engage, participate and take a look in the mirror from time to time if things aren't going how you'd like in your career.. @management, keep encouraging and making people feel confident to approach

"Over worked and under paid. Back stabbing supervisors and management"

Current Employee - NATO Claims Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - NATO Claims Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working with the multicultural colleagues and training (you get to meet all types of people). Enjoyed the opportunity to work from Monday to Friday and having flexible start times. It did however become very stressful as everyday was generally the same.

Cons

You're over worked and under paid. You only get paid 40 hours a week salary but you work 50 plus hours to try to meet unreasonable goals. upper management don't take up for employees and only look out for themselves. Horrible company to work for. The more you give them the more they want. Say good bye to your personal and home life cause it doesn't exist if you work foe this company. Lots of backstabbing and gossip and lots of turnovers. Upper management show favoritism for the Irish employees only and you have zero managers who are't natives. The different queues are poorly organised and everyone is only looking out for themselves without any support from team leader, supervisor or manager. NATO officers run away fast like their clothes were on fire and the management makes things very hard and I feel as though I was setup for failure because of their unrealistic expectations and lack of trust between the teams.

Advice to Management

This company loves working its managers long hours and with low pay. They also love have offices with as few of employees as possible and then make the manager work long hours and evidently prefers to hire Irish. Upper managers will not address their colleagues that are hierarchically beneath them. Favoritism mess and drama if you have a problem you can't go to management or your supervisor as nothing is kept confidential (HR is a joke).

"wasted department"

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Travel subsidy
    Health insurance
    Life assurance
    Pension plan
    Disability benefit
    Subsidised car and home insurance
    Childcare allowance
    Active Sports and Social club

Cons

Poor experience with seniors as they are chosen based on how well they can sell themselves. No trained supervisors with any decent training and multicultural awareness. Progression is nil. The canteen is not subsidized and has a poor selection of menus but as there are no amenities near you can only choose to bring your own lunch or get food poisoning.

Advice to Management

Look at other companies and see how well they treat their employees. You could learn a thing to two. Stop treating and badmouthing foreigners behind their backs as they are 90% of the workforce.

"Most Horrible Place To Work In Ireland"

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is challenging your mental health. After you have worked in this place every other company will seem like heaven to you and you will start appreciating simple things in life like “being treated like a human being”.

Cons

This place is more a cult than a company. From the very beginning the company makes it clear that you don’t need to put any effort in your job. The only important thing for them is that you smile the whole day and pretend that you are satisfied with your job. The management tries to keep a fake illusion of the company by writing fake reviews or forcing their employees to fill in certain surveys.

Very political company with a lot of favoritism involved. It breaks my heart to see all these hardworking foreigners getting rejected while Irish people are changing a few positions within a year.
    Most of the Team Leaders and Supervisors don’t know how to do their job as they only got promoted because they are friends with the management. These people don’t have any social, communication or leadership skills.
    Bullying is in this company tolerated. Certain Team Leaders were reported a few times, but nothing happened. HR keeps quiet and doesn’t even try to resolve the problems that exist in this company.
    If you are not too desperate with finding a job stay away from this horrible place!

Advice to Management

I would advise the management to search for another job since it’s obvious that they don't know how to do their current one.

"Excellent place to be at if you are reluctant to being happy"

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good first job and work life balance is decent, if managed.
    Numerous chances for OT.
    Proper computer programs to make information available.
    The relaxed dress code and flexible work schedule were good.

Cons

Poor management, supervisors are not consistent, or professional. They do not promote people fairly and the corporate culture is bad.
    Poor leadership with lacked ethics and integrity.
    Communication always felt like we were in limbo and management could not trust leaderships rhetoric.

Advice to Management

The hardest part of the job are to see how much people suffer and are traumatized by missing targets, having a poor structured day and managers that treat you like you are nothing but a number.

"AVOID at all costs this is a toxic company"

Former Employee - Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PROs: If you are new to Ireland this company will give you an opportunity to make a wage so you save up and get some financial stability. That is it there are no other benefits.

Cons

If you value your career or consider yourself a decent professional with a soul then I urge you to avoid Allianz Worldwide Care at all cost.
    HR is non existent it is essentially a recruitment agency due to the high turn over of people who go through the company. I do feel for them as there are so many problems to deal with it maybe a case of ‘where does one start’
    Unfortunately If you do approach HR with any real concerns if feels like they are pretending they are interested and give templated answers and act concerned but nothing actually happens, they just go through the motions and yes it pains me to say this but HR are writing the positive reviews here, after 5 years in the company and a few visit of my own to the HR department I can recognise the HR colloquialisms. It’s saddening to be honest
    As in previous posts I can tell you that yes bullying 100% does happen in Allianz. Management (I use that word management lightly) they like to say they are being assertive but it really is just old fashioned bullying.
    The tactic is to break your will so that you do not stand up to them, don’t question things, and make you feel that you should be just grateful to have a job. They don’t want to mentor you or improve you as a professional. You are there to serve them. They don’t want to see you progress because I believe a lot of management are insecure and are threatened easily, or simply lack the skill or support from senior management to become leaders.
    Again I do feel for them as unfortunately a two year course in DBS does not a leader or mentor make and the fascistic and totalitarian approach of senior management takes away any opportunity for a cool, calm, collected and secure middle manager to form. I’ve seen people berated behind clothes doors and so much potential lost in people who were enthusiastic and who I wanted to succeed but that was sadly lost.
    In my 5 years at Allianz I have had to console 3 employees who came to me in tears due to the brutish managerial tactics. Not good days.
    The culture at Allianz is so toxic by the time I fled many of my team were on medication or seeking counselling for health issues brought on by the environment in which we worked. Many people who were once friends turned on each other and compounded the problem.
    No one wants to be there and worse no one cares. When projects come along no one is bothered and no one is motivated to get involved and the vicious cycle of shouting, threats and backstabbing begins.

IT: The IT infrastructure is really really dated very old PC towers and screens and the Database is polluted and not well maintained. Getting anything new pushed through rarely happens. If you managed to get something pushed through people refuse to use it. Or some accept it and others don’t then it’s a case of some teams using something and some not and its information chaos.

Advice to Management

Advice to Management: My advice is to leave! I know it’s hard and many of you have families to care for, and the wage is steady, but you need to take a look at who you are and your career and what impact you are having on others. Take a step back to go forward, find a company where you can be exposed to good management techniques. It broke my heart to see so much potential in people turn to venomous backstabbing and stress related illnesses.
    I used to work on well planned, fun and exciting projects with people who I called friends by the time I left I was having my work stolen and passed off in meetings by others as their work and watching friends become ill.
    GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN ITS NOT TOO LATE. This is a friend telling you this.

"Unhappy with overall company mentality..."

Current Employee - Claims Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is wonderful and diverse and the atmosphere is amazing. Allianz really nurtures you and your skills and personal interests and offer a plentiful range of opportunities if you are open to the hard work it entails.

Cons

If only the above was true.
    Low pay that does not consider personal affront taken from highly challenging customer interactions (have seen that some officers are allowed to negotiate though).
    he leadership teams are consistently not supportive and will not back you at every turn. There is a disrespectful culture, where only some are accountable for their behavior. Training programs and professional development is unparalleled by negativity.
    Management are Irish only and often use condescending remarks about employees. Hours / output expected of individuals was extremely high and sometimes lacked innovation. A new big shot has been hired to head the claims department and make sure new processes lead to staff reduction.

Advice to Management

The room for development isn't great on a personal level, however if you are hired in to a role and your skill set exceeds that role you might end up seeing your hard work being taken by someone else.
    Can be an extremely tough and intense transition into the culture...you are challenged in every way emotionally, professionally, unpacked and put back together again. Everything you think you know about relationships is upended and management is closed from interactions.

"Same old, same old"

Former Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location - if you live anywhere in proximity to M50
    Lack of retail opportunities = more pay in your pocket at the end of the month
    Bonuses - If you're a manager and if they pay them

Cons

The main one I experienced was the culture, or lack thereof. This company grew up under a highly autocratic leadership who spawned and rewarded bullies who got results through their aggressive and ineffective management of the worker bees. Having had some time to reflect; these poor unfortunates really know no better as they began life in AWC at it's incarnation and learned from the dubious role-models that were the former leaders. Indeed, many of them had zero or little career experience prior to joining AWC and due to the phenomenal growth of the organisation were pushed up the organisation hierarchy despite having no management skills whatsoever. This created an organisation with a culture of bullying, ineffective management, terrible leadership, and one of dubious integrity. These 'leaders' then selected for promotion others in whom they could recognise familiar traits, leading to one big, stinking mess of mediocrity at best.

What I find most amazing however is that the reviews I'm reading now are the same old, same old. I'm surprised that the new management have managed to make such little change and the culture appears to be much unchanged.

Until this company take culture seriously I'd give it a miss as it tends to be a rather negative experience.

Advice to Management

Read the 'real' reviews on this site and take note of the repeated themes of feedback being received. God forbid doing something more proactive and perhaps speaking with your own staff internally in a truly open and transparent forum. You will not be surprised by what you hear. Until you do this, you're on a hiding to nothing.

"Management is not great."

Current Employee - Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional business setting where can enjoy being at the comfort at your own desk.
    Salary is not the highest but it is within average for the industry.
    Benefits (health and pension)

Cons

There is a good bit of stress in meeting targets. There is always tension at the end of the month. it isn't a great company to work, grow or expand your knowledge in the industry as most of the time there is little to no expectation for you to develop. Company is extremely successful but the money does not trickle down to the employees and I have now wasted more than 2 years of my life in a dead end job. We keep We have losing some excellent employees over the last months and no one seems to care about the turn over.
    STAY FAR AWAY... experience is not valued over new and impressionable recruits and there is no loyalty to employees while every aspect of your day is micro managed.

Advice to Management

Very cut throat company with poor management decisions, horrendous respect for people and the lack of management skills is appalling. Promotions seem to be entirely based on political reasons. I see lazy but political employees promoted to management while others that work hard and get better results are repeatedly snubbed. Culture of bullying over the officers with team leaders being stuck in the cross fire.