Allianz Worldwide Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Allianz Worldwide Care Chief Executive Officer Ida Luka-Lognone
Ida Luka-Lognone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Team leaders and management are not trained to do their job (in 9 reviews)

• dress code applies to all employees / this means spending your money on work clothes (in 4 reviews)

"Helpline officer"

Current Employee - Helpline Officer
    Current Employee - Helpline Officer

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leap card travel
    Basic health insurance
    50% discount on home and motor insurance

Cons

Understaffed / high turn around
    Extremely busy and high stressful workload.
    Managed poorly

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and their feed back and stop basing your replys on figures and statistics!!! .Happy staff means happy customers. So many people have left and no feedback has been taken on board and nothing is done. It has so much potential but staff feel undervalued and unnessesary added pressure. The job is stressful enough

"they have a long way to go"

Former Employee - Helpline Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Helpline Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- salary
    - health insurance (it was not a good one, but at least they offered something)
    - you can meet great multilingual people from all over the world

Cons

- too much workload
    - bad Managers and Supervisors (overworked, loud and not very helpful)
    - 6 different shifts
    - location
    - expensive canteen
    - no room to progress
    - too much gossip and too many groups (mainly within the Irish teams and managers)

Advice to Management

listen to your employees and their complaints or you wont have any empoyees left soon

"Many people will leave"

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time

Pros

The money is quite ok.

Cons

The pressure and the frustration is big!

Advice to Management

Hire more people for the operations departments , more than just slowly replacing and covering maternity leaves.

"The curtain of night fades"

I worked at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You work that you may keep pace with the continuing pressure but targets are mostly adequate and if you focus on your own time you will manage fine.

Cons

Always you have been told that work is a curse and labor a misfortune and with claims you get both.
    Do not let patience stay with you till very last with small bickering upsetting your mood so instead look for another place for satisfaction.
    Most team leaders are a huge problem as they do not know how to get along with each other but they are a mere image of the upper management that is an utter disgrace.

Advice to Management

Focus on the people an how to improve motivate and make them feel appreciated.
    HR should look to making some tough decisions and getting rid of some bad apples.
    A "minor" situation to look at is the ratio of non-Irish workers to Irish team leaders, supervisors and managers should be investigated.

"Well paid job but certain areas fail to deliver, and those areas do increase"

Current Employee - Policy Management Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Policy Management Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quick introduction:
    I really enjoy working for AWC. It can be a fun place if you don't let the cons get to you. It is a challenging but satisfying workplace and pays you alright for what you are doing.

@Salary:
    Steady pay rise until 5 years of service but you start low.

@Work:
    Depending on the department, challenging nice work.

@Colleagues:
    Diverse colleagues from different countries.

@Values:
    Good values one can incorporate in their daily life, too.

@Recommendation:
    I defnitely would recommend a friend or family member to give it a go.

@Interview:
    Relatively low hurdles to get the job. Unfortunately, it makes a difference depending on your interviewer.

@Benefits:
    50% off for car and house insurance. Leap card bonus.

@Working hours:
    Depnding on the department, a regular 40 hours week is possible - no extra hours must be worked.

Cons

Don't get me wrong, am very grateful below is offered with regards to the benefits but there are cons that other multinational, high earning companies do better!

@ Location / Infrastructure (not a fault of the company, of course):
    Yes, the M50 is close but to get on there will take you nearly an hour at times due to traffic. Basically, you already have traffic jam from the front door of the company and cannot leave Park West. Same in the mornings, to get off of the M50 and get to Park West, just impossible. Also, there are no good shops to get a nice bite during your lunch break.
    Office: Not enough oxygen due to bad circulation, and either it is too cold or too hot, no good regulation of temperature.

@ Canteen:
    The price per meal despite it is sbisidised is too high. €5.95!
    The food, they try hard to have several selections every day but the food keeps repeating every second or third day. The staff is extraordinary, friendly and helpful but the food, no idea who decides on that, is sometimes a joke including the pricing model. When you pay for a full meal as much as for a snadwich, you know this cannot be right.

@Benefits:
    Pension plan is at 100% risk, so not really a benefit since a pension plan should guarantee some sort of payout, how can one plan for their future?

Health insurance:
    The benefits on all three plans offered are not very attractive, saying that as an employee in a health insurance company. Very frustrating.

Bonuses:
    Compared to other multinational, high earning companies, AWC does not pay well, yet we employees are happy to get something - it's a pain though as you never know what and if you will get it.
    The bonus depends on your managers and HR, one does not have any influence. Even you do a great job over the year, this is not rewarded. I have experienced that now and then. This is one of the biggest cons. The management and HR need to introduce a fair structure and transparent tool to monitor employees' performance and thenm decide on their bonus. Unfortunately, at AWC it feels like if you talk a lot or have a good name it helps you to get a better rating = high bonus regardless your performance. On that note, the company reviews employees differently, not with the same standard. That's a big NO-GO!
    HR should implement a tool managers must avail from, so there is no room for speculation and frustration. For instance, in school or on your drivers licence exam, the rules are the same for everybody - this should apply in the employees' rating, too.

@Workload:
    Can be quite much at times whereas other departments are not as busy or even your colleagues have fun watching you working your rear off. I guess, that is everywhere the same but managers tolerate such behaviour and take no action, that's a problem in my eyes and unfair to all hard workers at AWC. It seems to hard workers that lazy workers have all rights and hard workers have no rights. The company should monitor this and take action at last. It's very annoying and to repeat myself, unfair to all hard workers at AWC.

@Managers:
    They claim to be transparent and fair, unfortunately, as per above this is colliding. One does hear important company decisions from rumours first and sometimes as only source. The rating as per above is a problem, too. Hard workers get a way higher standard to be rated on and lazy workers get away with everything and in the end have a higher rating than the hard workers. HR and managers must find a standard tool to rate employees and not rate as they please. Also, managers should not only give the tricky and hard cases to the hard workers and encourage the lazy workers to get their hands on the job, finally. Tolerating lazy staff is not a good attitude and does poison the atmoshphere within a company. Measures must be found to get this under control.
    Some manager would never be a manager in any otehr company, one does doubt the criteria used to hire some of them. Some have no leadership skills, show no empathy and cannot manage people with different opinions than their own.
    Again, here's hoping for a better system when hiring people for manager positions. Please! This will make people actually stay as after all, AWC is not that bad place to work.

@Staff fluctuation:
    I have never been working in an environment before where people come and go so frequently like here in AWC. I guess, it is related to the issues described above because the pay is good and the job itself is good, too.

@IT infrastructure:
    What can I say, not 1 full week without a system outage. That's not good enough for a multinational, high earning corporation. System issues, server issues, simple tool issues of the likes MS Office programmes. This happens too often and staff is blamed on when performance is weak due to those issues. We do not want to talk about other issues as this is public here, for instance, the China branch.

@Overtime:
    Not paid, only at certain times when HR and management approves that. So, if you are a hard worker and work more hours than you should, you work for free. However, some staff have special rights and get paid for clocking in early and clocking our late doing "nothing". This needs to be addressed and monitored. @Higher Management: This would save you a lot of unnesccessary spendings.

@Cost containment mania:
    Costs are saved on the shoulders of all employees only, at least that is the feeling one is getting. Example, you are not allowed to print in colour anymore. Imagine, a member is getting their policy documents on recycled paper in black and white, this makes our company look really cheap despite charging high premiums. Also, looking at the figures and the watching the annual shareholder meeting, profits are made in big style, yet the staff is told the company must save, save, save, save money. Actually, the company must spend, spend, spend, spend on IT and staff to make this a great company again. And then, they can think about saving money.

@Personal development:
    Career progression depends solely on your managers regardless your performance. If you are good, and hard working you are stuck. If you are lazy and not so much qualified but can chat well with managers, you may make a great career and can land in whatever department.

@Dress code:
    Before a joke where people were dressed inappropiate showing nearly everything despite a strict dress code policy, now recently changed to a more relaxed style it is getting worse. Some people think they are home on a Sunday afternoon sitting on the sofa having a beer. Not good looking for a multinational, high revenue corporation. I do appreciate and like the relaxed approach but not that relaxed. This should be monitored!

@Team lunches:
    First of all, there are no team night-outs as you would expect coming from competitors. Secondly, you have no budget for a single employee. You pay all out of your own pocket. Again, not good enough for a multinational, high revenue corporation.

@Ideas, suggestions, critics:
    Not listened to, ignored and if a very good one, sold as their own idea. No incentives or rewards for making suggestions and providing ideas. There is no benefit in supporting AWC.

Advice to Management

Please extend on the pros and work on the cons to make this a great place to work. Everyone understands that not everything can be perfect and everyone understands to manage a multinational organisation is not easy but currently staff feels they are let down. In particular from mid 2016 on. If you want long term staff to stay, you really need to invest first, in particular in IT infrastructure. Staff cannot do their job properly and is frustrated due to the regular and reaccuring issues that also has a big impact on productivity and costumer service. One would expect a better approach after announcing to go digital. We should start with small steps. We concentrate too much on the mobile app, what about staff's tools? We cannot do the job properly or with the speed and quality necessary.
    Please, please, please find measures to develop tools for HR and managers to rate employees on a fair and transparent basis. Also, we need monitoring of lazy staff so action is taken. We cannot just look at growth when no investment to solve the internal issues is made. This should be tackled first in order to reach the goal for 2020. Please also look into proper assessment to hire right people and no short term or unqualified people. Most choices are great, that's not the problem, but some choices none can understand and destroys the morale within departments and teams. Value and reward your staff more and regularly, again on a fair and transparent basis. Why not on actual figures and not by favouritism? The current system does cater exactly that and is not acceptable. Important company decisions / issues are still not communicated to regular staff and only get knowledge of via rumours - that's not good enough after the last AES survey and the promises made. In Dublin the staff is quite scared where we will be in short term but also long term. Please communicate to us, we have a right to know what your plans are so we can make our decision to carry those decisions or try somewhere else. In general, I am happy with how the company operates and tries their best and one can see that but you really need to tackle the cons, seriously. Anyway, thank you for your hard work so far but staff is expecting to tackle the actual problems and not just the financial side.

Regarding the so much talked about go digital strategy, please start with the IT issues staff is facing day on a daily basis.

Here's hoping for having found an open ear/eye as this is also not the strength of this company, suggestions from regular staff are not taken onboard or discussed. If yes, they are sold as their own ideas. Also, ideas and/or ideas are not rewarded. Competitors do reward ideas from staff with very good incentives, just saying.

Thank you for reading all this. I had rated you after being with you 1 year and it was a 5 star rating but now I give it a 3 star rating having seen and experienced more. As you say yourself, it is not all about the money, so please live it yourself too and tackle the cons rather sooner or later. This should stop the high staff fluctuations happening since mid 2016 until now.

"Claims"

Former Employee - Claims in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Claims in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned so much in a short time.great colleagues make the job better.

Cons

If you don't drive, it can be hard from city centre but there is a bus available too.
    Busy all the time

Advice to Management

Lots of good changes happening when I left so just to keep doing it please.

"Horrible company and the worst company of Ireland"

Former Employee - Claims Officer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- good canteen
    - good transport benefit

Cons

- horrible atmoshere
    - very bad management
    - colleagues are very nasty and they do harassment
    - incompetent team leaders
    - health insurance paid 66% by the company, they are stingy as they earn billion of euros
    - Intimidating HR department, all the coments about bullying are true
    - no culture
    - no team spirit
    - posh employees
    - very immature colleagues and very childish behaviours
    - very bad organization
    - very bad IT systems, always slow and down
    - huge turn over

Advice to Management

Create a real cutlure and change the way you treat your employees, respect them. Be a listener and not a threatener. The worst company that I have worked for in my life. You make a lot of money and you do not give a lot of benefits to your employees, take some lessons in Apple and Facebook.

Allianz Worldwide Care Response

Sep 14, 2017 – Head of Human Resources

I am sorry that you feel this way after a short time with us. The company has detailed written procedures in place to ensure that all members of staff can raise a grievance internally. We... More

"Too little too late"

I worked at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are great when not completly overworked.

Cons

Location, poor facilities, management style is pure command and control

Advice to Management

It's hard to balance high volumes of productivity required and complexity of cases, but more trust should be given to the officers.

9. "Would recommend"

I have been working at Allianz Worldwide Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good opportunities to learn and progress
    company is expanding
    good benefits
    expect high standards from employees

Cons

a little bit 'old fashioned' at times but that is changing

Advice to Management

keep up the plans to change the working environment

"Ex growth company with bigger communication issues and unstable management"

Current Employee - Sales in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Sales in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

profitable growth, international and intercultural team, good nische, market leadership, part of strong international insurance group

Cons

poor communication and management; especially no talent management; no loyality to employees; management by accident without experience.

Advice to Management

listen to the experts in different departments, respect bottom-up communication. Trust your stuff. Listen to your clients and try to learn.