Allied Business Schools Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
George J Achenbach

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Read the pros and cons"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Laguna Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at Allied Business Schools full-time

Pros

Ability to make decent income. Very good health benefits and 401k plan. LIvely, fast paced, funny atmosphere.

Cons

If you are a self starter and love forging your own path you will do well. If you expect management to assist in your efforts you will fail miserably.

Advice to Management

Help and train your lower achievers to grow. Or let them go. It's hard to watch people fail when they never had a chance.

2. "waiting for collapse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Hills, CA

I worked at Allied Business Schools full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

? Work life balance I guess because it seems everyone acts like they're on break 6 hours a day. low expectations and an ability to do whatever you want with no recourse and limited productivity demands. When you get laid off at least you'll get a nominal severance.

Cons

nepotism. 'open door policy' that is just a convenient way to push liability and responsibility for issues onto the person expressing them. inconsistency, no recognition for hard work just a 'you mean you could've been doing more?' attitude. no job security but there's hardly anyone left to lay off now.

Advice to Management

There's no integrity. Give your employees a real raise. Your policies are bureaucratic. HR has an attitude. The passive aggressive responses to negative reviews say it all.
    I'd suggest giving people a heads up when you're going to fire them literally right after christmas but I guess I should consider myself thankful to receive the long awaited dutch tea cookies bonus, I really needed something for grandma's sewing supplies.

Jun 16, 2017 – HR Director

The company prides itself on having a pleasant and fair work environment. It's unfortunate this employee didn't even appreciate the cookie tradition (which accompanied a monetary gift) and rather... More

3. "Great product"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Laguna Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Laguna Hills, CA

I worked at Allied Business Schools full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reps are hard working and care for the clients. the Job is monday - Friday and you don't have to take it home with you.

Cons

not a clear direction from management

Advice to Management

Care for your reps

Jun 6, 2017 – HR Director

We are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience and take feedback into consideration when making any changes.

4. "Horrible business ethics"

I worked at Allied Business Schools full-time

Pros

Some of the peers are great because we can all bonded under horrible management.

Cons

Management is pretty bad. Most of the time they are absolutely clueless about whats going on. But company has a policy "if you know someone from the top management" you are set.

Feb 6, 2017 – HR Director

Allied prides itself on being a positive and fair company to all of its employees and had this individual allowed us to address their concerns during their employment, we are confident the situation... More

5. "Good opportunities for a self driven individual who is willing to work hard and do more than required."

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Laguna Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Laguna Hills, CA

Pros

Opportunity to make up to 45 an hour. Average among most 25 to 30. Good benefits and PTO. Great discounts for employees on training.

Cons

Contsant business changes that do not always make sense.

"Excellent place.to work for professional people"

Pros

The staff and management take great pains to include their front line customer service employees in all decisions and encourage an atmosphere of real professionalism. At the same time there is genuine camaraderie and friendship among team members

Cons

There are no genuine cons I can list. But this is not a place to work if you are lacking a professional demeanor.

"Horrible FOR PROFIT Company"

I worked at Allied Business Schools full-time

Pros

Absolutely Nothing. They preach about how they care about their students but in reality it's all about the money. Students are lied to and tricked into enrolling with them.

Cons

Horrible working environment. Clueless managers, absolutely no chance of promotions unless you have connections with the higher ups. Pay is at least 30% lower than industry average. Yearly raise is 1% if you get lucky. Upper managements treat you like you're in elementary school. They disrespect employees and monitor everything, including how many bath room breaks you take. This is a dead end job. You see people leaving left and right because anyone remotely good would jump at a different opportunity. Don't waste your time working at this company, you'll regret it.

Advice to Management

Try to at least treat employees like human beings.

Feb 6, 2017 – HR Director

8. "Enrollment Agent"

Former Employee - Senior Admissions Representative in Mission Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Admissions Representative in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Allied Business Schools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of leads, great training and good money

Cons

downsized the department, some favoritism

9. "It's truly a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Laguna Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at Allied Business Schools full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO walks around and greets people in the mornings sometimes. He is very friendly and open. The people here are great to work with and very open to ideas.

Cons

There really isn't anything bad about working here. The people are nice, pay is good, convenient to highways and you are helping people better their lives.

Advice to Management

Just to keep doing what you are doing but try to focus more on updating things a little more.

"Sell, sell, sell!"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist

I worked at Allied Business Schools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quality courses, established company, decent benefits, overall good people

Cons

Low starting pay, no OT, chained to desk, tiered pay structure based on unrealistic numbers, some fools in management, instability all the way up to upper management - layoffs are common

Advice to Management

Pay better, show more concern for actual graduation rates than just pushing products, offer incentives for employees!