Allied Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Luca Warnke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Rude and forceful office staff that penalise you if you can't 'fit' in that extra call (in 13 reviews)

• they don't pay for travel time and often do not allow time for you to get to other clients ie (in 12 reviews)

1. "if your not certified they cant help you"

Former Contractor - Phlebotomist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Contractor - Phlebotomist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Allied Healthcare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

they for the most part tried to keep me working as phelobotomist and housekeeping and as a sitter

Cons

never found me work as a medical assistant

Advice to Management

dont promise you can get me work and then you cant

"Would not recommend to anyone"

Former Employee - Care Assistant in Cannock, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Care Assistant in Cannock, England (UK)

I worked at Allied Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Service users are lovely and very grateful for your help.
    Fellow carers for the most part amazing.

Cons

Office staff terrible; rotas never finished on time, treat their staff like the lowest of the low and expect the universe in return, vile to you if you cannot fit in extra calls, constant phone calls on days off and during booked holiday time, not at all understanding about illness. Not interested in assisting with return to work and take hours off you without warning.
    The job is always advertised at £8+ an hour, actual pay is £7.20 or less.
    Awful mileage pay and no time allocated to get between calls.

Advice to Management

Organise your office and treat your staff better.

"AVOID"

Current Employee - Carer in Ebbw Vale, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Carer in Ebbw Vale, Wales (UK)

Pros

The service users are all very lovely

Cons

Having spent a bit of time at allied, I certainly wouldn't return or allow any family members to be covered by them, not at fault of the carers as they all do a fabulous job. Where to begin... the job was advertised at £13ph got my first pay slip 2 days work £84 at £7:20 an hour (only for the visits) travel time not included which is ridiculous as I spend more time in the car than I do with clients.. don't live in the area I cover and am expected to have two, two hour breaks, would rather have the visits and get paid than having to spend pointless time away from family. Clients all unhappy by the amount of changing faces there are due to short staff. Clients complaining that times of visits are forever changing. No continuity for clients seeing the same carer, especially those who would benefit such as dementia sufferers. Not enough training for new staff, expected to go out and practice stuff you've been shown in a 15 minute slot on a training course.

Advice to Management

Pay the minimum wage but include travel time, longer or more detailed training. Carers to have small group of clients, clients don't want new people day in day out. More travel time between calls, proper breaks for carers.

4. "Appalling ... company has lost all its values!"

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Allied Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No Pro's working for Allied Healthcare, however if I had a longer word limit in the Cons I could list them all day long.

Cons

Long hours
    No recognition
    Paid less than Market Value
    Lack of Communication
    High Turnover of Staff
    Lack of Respect
    No Team Ethics

Advice to Management

Only Picked One Star as didn't have the option to leave as ZERO!
    Worked for the business for over ten years, and the last two years of service saw the company spiral into disrepair. Treat people like a number, a care company that DIDN'T AND DOESN'T CARE!
    What happened to Morals?

5. "Resource planner"

Pros

Good workmates, decent office space

Cons

Poor salary, very poor computer system not fit for purpose, relentless workload, carers had all the power and office staff were left to mop up the ever increasing extra workload, frequently having to stay over hours to get the care vsits covered

"Poor pay no leadership"

Current Employee - Call Handler in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Call Handler in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of Overtime available due to staff shortage - mostly after 6pm and weekends

Relaxed most of the year very busy bank holidays

Cons

Management never work full hours
    No pay rises for over two years
    Staff are treated with contempt
    Lots of back stabbing
    Management always look to blame everything on junior staff
    Junior management made to do 3 people's jobs for low pay
    No senior managers on site after 4pm or weekends

Advice to Management

Company needs to operate as one at all levels - value your staff - develop and pay them -at £7.20 per hour even 1% helps as a pay rise
    Don't believe the lies the senior staff tell you
    Sit with your junior staff - walk in their shoes

"Don't touch with a barge pole!!!"

Former Employee - Domicillary Carer in Beccles, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Domicillary Carer in Beccles, England (UK)

I worked at Allied Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the clients are absolutely lovely, they make you feel like you're job is worthwhile

Cons

Everything! Nothing good to say about the shambles that is allied. Too many awful people in the office that have no idea what the other half of the office is doing. Rude and forceful office staff that penalise you if you can't 'fit' in that extra call! Office staff have no regard or respect for clients, they are just names on a sheet!! Steer clear is my advise!! They took away my love of caring!! Lied to constantly and declined furthering my training which was promised!!
    They told a clients wife to leave her husband in his chair for 24 hours without a pad change or move of position!! No respect or care!!

Advice to Management

Sack all the office staff and start again with people who actually give a damn about staff and clients!!

""What a shambles. Steer clear. This place is going down quickly""

I worked at Allied Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great. Used to be a great place to work.

Cons

No organisation. Constant revolving door in Senior Management Team. Staff are disengaged. Going to work with a gloomy cloud over your head

Advice to Management

I worked for this company for 10 yrs and in 2016 I decided enough was enough. I was fed up with the constant flow of Senior Managers and Directors, each of whom thought they knew best. All they were doing was messing up a company that was already on its knees. This s place started to go down hill when it was taken over by Saga. They took a great company and sadly destroyed it. In 2016, it was purchased by Aurelius who in my opinion never really realised how bad it was until they arrived. The 1st CEO scarpered after about 12 weeks as she stood up to the German owners (not a good thing to do to Germans - they are always right!!!) The 2nd - Luca Warnke is a very ignorant guy who hasn't got anytime for the staff. This guy walks past his staff in the corridors without even a passing glance. Well Mr Warnke., I have news for you, they don't like you and the exodus has started. I haven't been there for 6 months, but do still speak to colleagues I used to work with. I've heard that 2 of the most liked Heads of Department have left. These were people who were the main stay of this business and their departure has sent a shockwave and signal to other Managers.

There is talk within the sector that a major player will go under in 2017, this company has been in a downwards spiral for years now and it wouldn't surprise me if they were to victim. Stay clear folks. Don't touch them with a barge pole.

"careworker - trainee"

Former Contractor - Home Care Worker
    Former Contractor - Home Care Worker

I worked at Allied Healthcare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

some nice co-workers. I liked the woman who gave the one-week training course, she seemed like she really cared about caring. And a few good eggs, that I shadowed.

Cons

poor management, no support, very unsuitable, unqualified people running the head office. Some of the care workers that I shadowed were very unprofessional, too.

Advice to Management

employ professionals in the office with real admin and organisation skills. Make sure people are paid, and any improper behaviour is nipped in the bud.

"Support worker"

Current Employee - Support
    Current Employee - Support

Pros

The clients are lovely and so need help

Cons

They say they pay 8 an hour when realistically they pay you by the min if you are with a client you are with for 8 mins you get paid bout 8 p not 8.00 it's disgusting you are expected to travel miles most jobs are from one side of town to the other head office has no ideal of postcodes you are sent miles away and you do not get the 7 travel time they promise . You go to clients that are off books and given jobs on top of jobs the pay is utter rubbish STAY AWAY from this company you can be a good carer threw this company the dreams the sell you of the company during training is a lie....

Advice to Management

Pay your staff for the jobs they actually do ..