Allied Mortgage Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Current Employee, Great Company, Great CEO"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at Allied Mortgage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The camaraderie and team spirit at Allied is second to none. It's a fun and exciting place to work. Very few companies in this industry have survived for 20+ years. Allied's CEO (Roy) believes firmly in the business, his Company and the Employees. While its important to compete with product, price and process, it's the energy and everyones zest to win that makes Allied great.

Cons

With the company growing at a steady pace, parking can sometimes be a challenge. If that's the biggest downside then I'll take that any day :)

Apr 18, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for the recognition of hitting our 20 year mark! We appreciate your contribution to our success. We will keep pushing and making this a great place to work for everyone!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Jamison, PA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Jamison, PA

I have been working at Allied Mortgage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule with the opportunity to make $$$$, I enjoy the workplace & the camaraderie that we have in our office.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list at this time

Apr 18, 2016 – Vice President

The Jamison office is a great example of team work and camaraderie. Thank you for your contribution to make us a positive place to work.

"Senior Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Allied Mortgage Group (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked in the mortgage industry for 17 years. I've worked for Allied for over one year. All of my dealings with Allied's home office professionals have been positive. I always get a quick response when I have a question or issue.

This is a fast paced business and Allied helps me serve my customers with great loan programs. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Many customers have complex situations. Allied works with me to assist customers as soon as possible. I've never encountered an Allied employee with a condescending attitude. We work as a team and we accomplish great things.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to mention.

Advice to Management

None at this time

Mar 21, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for your feedback! We have a 23+ year history of supporting our sales staff and we appreciate your contribution to our success!

"Best people to work with"

Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Hunt Valley, MD
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Hunt Valley, MD

Pros

I have worked for Allied Mortgage Group for 1 year now. I enjoy coming to work everyday. We have a family atmosphere where we all work as a team to give the best service to our realtor partners and to our clients.

Cons

Can be overwhelming at times but better too be productive than not.

Mar 8, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for your feedback! It's always good to hear from new employees about their initial experience with the company. I love hearing about our efforts to improve the experience for our ... More

"Management"

I have been working at Allied Mortgage Group full-time

Pros

Work life balance, overall company willingness to make improvements, everyone works together to meet closing dates, upper management is willing to help when needed and staff provides consistent and accurate communication to all parties as needed. Vendors are easy to deal with and typically provide great service. Loans close on time. TRID rules are programmed in the LOS. LOS is easy to use. Borrower can send documents directly into loan file. Suggestions are listened to and acted upon in a timely manner. Closing department is friendly and willing to take on rush files when needed.

Cons

There are still some manual steps that could be automated (however this is being worked on). Edelivery system needs to be updated, it works but could be easier for non technical borrower to follow. Ellie Mae has announced a new EDelivery product due to be released soon.

Advice to Management

Automate more processes, continue to make improvements, continue to involve branches before rolling out new procedures

Feb 26, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for your feedback. We have made significant investments in technology recently and I believe we are just starting to see that investment pay off. There is always more to be done in our ... More

"Awesome Company"

Pros

I love working for Allied. Working in marketing is a pleasure and I'm always learning new ways to help advance my skills to help loan officers market thier services to thier clients. Management is great and very helpful!

Cons

I really don't have any cons. Everyone is pretty helpful and nice.

Feb 26, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for your response and I'm glad you are finding satisfaction in your position. You must have a great manager! Thank you for your contributions to make us a better company.

"A "Can DO Company!""

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Allied Mortgage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We partnered with Allied Mortgage Group because they understood what makes a company great in supporting a team to succeed. Any company will use sales tactics to get you to join but Allied;s approach is transparent unlike many other mortgage companies. They embrace honesty with a Can Do Attitude across all departments which is what sales people need to succeed. There is not a day that any department head is not available to assist. After hours access is key to the mortgage business and they get that. We were with a previous platform who told us what they felt we wanted to hear but it was all noise. Not at Allied! When we were considering companies the main hot buttons for us was - 1.Can Do Attitude. 2. Core Products for or market (niche products are great but you need aggressive core products to be successful) 3. Competitive Pricing. At the end of the day some may feel they need the best teaser rate on a niche product to be successful. In this industry all that matters is "Can you get the deal done!" Allied knows how to get things done!

Cons

None at this time

Advice to Management

Never change your core beliefs. This is what makes Allied a great platform.

Feb 29, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, we have a team of people to support our branches and sales teams. We are always looking for better ways to help you grow your business. We have some new ... More

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Allied Mortgage Group (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about this place, are some of the co-workers.

Cons

There are a couple of toxic management; they feel very powerful because their behavior is supported by the higher ups. In other words, they are untouchable in any wrong doings.

Advice to Management

Stop having family members supervised by their own relatives. Employee Manuel states conflict of interest.

Mar 21, 2016 – Vice President

The management is held to the same high standards as the rest of the company. There is an independent path through Human Resources where any employee can confidentially discuss any employment issue ... More

"Allied is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Risk Manager, Underwriing Manager in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Risk Manager, Underwriing Manager in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at Allied Mortgage Group full-time

Pros

Allied Mortgage Group Inc. is a great mid size mortgage banker to work for. We are not too big to lose customer service to computer automation and not so small that we don't have access to all the great Products and services you would expect. We are a mid size seller servicer to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. We have a good working atmosphere with a "family feel" and great camaraderie amongst employees

Cons

One of the drawbacks of being a company our size is that we can't just over-hire staffing to solve a problem. This usually results in us trying to avail of technology, where we can. So we can deploy employee resources where they are most needed.

Feb 8, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for your feedback. We try to retain all the services of the largest lenders while still keeping a human face to the company. As you note, we can't hire on a whim, but we try to use ... More

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at Allied Mortgage Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Offers many opportunities to learn & grow
    Co-Workers have a get-it-done attitude
    Management has ]open door policy.
    Input is solicited & considered

Cons

Like most jobs in the mortgage industry, work can be high pressure at times

Feb 8, 2016 – Vice President

The mortgage business can be high pressure, but as you noted, we have a great team that can get anything done on time! Thank you for your service to the company!