Allied Orion Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Kirk Tate

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Just okay"

I have been working at Allied Orion Group full-time

Pros

easy and fun job for the most part

Cons

politics would get in the way of decisions

Apr 3, 2017 – Public Relations Specialist/HR specialist

Thank you for leaving your feedback for us. We appreciate it and are continually looking for ways to improve our company.

"Leasing Professional"

Current Employee - Leasing in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Leasing in Denver, CO

I have been working at Allied Orion Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent bonus programs and pay.

Cons

My current property has been short a maintenance tech for almost 5 months and without a maintenance manager for over 2 months. Our property manager put in his 2 week notice over a month ago and we still don't have a replacement. The sense of urgency to get the property staffed along with the expectations is an unreal request. In addition, my paycheck has been wrong on multiple occasions. For example, they accidentally gave my commission check to another employee. Lack of training and NO lead management system really gives the leasing team headaches. I've brought this up to management and there was no resolution given.

Advice to Management

Give employees the tools and training they need. Empower your team and let them do what they do best rather than holding them back and micromanaging them every second.

Apr 6, 2017 – Public Relations Specialist/HR specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware we have had some staffing situations with extenuating circumstances, but we have turned around these positions as quickly as possible and have made every... More

3. "Non supportive of employees habitually"

I worked at Allied Orion Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good insurance coverage and 401K

Cons

They don't support their employees on the properties. Residents know they don't ask any questions and roll over if they just file a lawsuit, so it's done often. After, they need a scapegoat so will find one and fire that person, then not pay them all that's due, i.e. earned vacation pay and commissions. No training provided even when promised. Managers come and go at will, leaving assistants to handle the properties on their own for extended periods. Compliance department doesn't know basics like community property laws or difference between APR and APY. They have managers living on their tax credit properties, free of charge, even after they stop working for them.

Advice to Management

Back up your non-manager employees on the properties by asking real, pertinent questions of residents who file lawsuits. Quit rolling over for everything except what employees need.

Apr 3, 2017 – Public Relations Specialist/HR specialist

We are sorry you did not have the type of experience we strive to provide all of our employees. We will take your feedback into consideration as we move forward. We have a comprehensive training... More

4. "You can Rock if you are a ROCKSTAR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Allied Orion Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and opportunities to move up if you know management well, bonus, and friendly co-workers.

Cons

Upper management does not keep you informed with company changes and policies.

Nov 28, 2016 – Public Relations Specialist/HR specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback. We will use it moving forward to enhance our communication processes.

"Property mangers beware"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

NOTHING- This company is the only company in my 12 years of experience to verbally abuse me and have 4 our of the 3 employees leave with in the first month. I very much wish I could find one good thing to say.

Cons

They seem to not realize its 2016. Residents expect to pay rent online, sign leases on line. They make you work holidays last minute, literally cuss at you. Changed our bonus structure after being assured it would not change. I truthfully have a lot of cons but I wont air them here. It his beyond the worst management company I ever have had any experience.

Advice to Management

I have none because when you tell management what is going on they will turn it around and blame it on you on your owners call.

Jan 23, 2017 – Public Relations Specialist/HR specialist

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry you did not have the type of experience you had anticipated working here. We consider employee feedback valuable and will take your comments under careful... More

"Just nooooooo"

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Allied Orion Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work atmosphere as far as The supervisors don't micromanage because they never stop by your property .
    Most properties are closed on sundays

Cons

it feels as if it's The blind leading the blind !!
      The accounting department is it disaster there constantly worried about losing their jobs but intern they don't get bills paid on time and they don't get deposit refunds sent out. A timely manner !!
     I left on very good terms but I would not recommend this company to anyone !!

Advice to Management

You need a training department or a operations manual !! You haven't updated your policies since the 90s and every property has a different set of paperwork in which go by!

Dec 1, 2016 – Public Relations Specialist/HR specialist

Thank you for leaving us your review and feedback. We appreciate it. We have had no turnover in accounting due to underperformance on review in the last 12 months and all late filing payments are... More

7. "Property Manager"

Pros

Good processes in place very organized and supportive managenent. Good training in place and hard work noticed. Overall good.

Cons

Tough from location away from corporate. Real estate laws different in different states and Corp staff needs to be aware. Can be inflexible.

Advice to Management

Good just support out of state properties by learning laws and market drivers in that state. Not all states are like Texas.

Aug 29, 2016 – Public Relations Specialist/HR specialist

Thank you so much for leaving us your great review and excellent feedback. We appreciate it and will take your comments to improve our processes. We wish you the best of luck in your new employment... More

8. "Good people, but typical management company"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Boerne, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Boerne, TX

I worked at Allied Orion Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting salary is pretty good, they do have great benefits, and they share a team attitude and acknowledge when a job is well done from entry level positions to upper management.

Cons

I worked on fee managed property and things were great at first, after a year the owner no longer liked the job we were doing and hired an Area Regional that came in and started firing everyone in the hill country area! After she did her job, she then quit and moved on to a new company.
    Not very professional.

Advice to Management

Believe in your employees and be more supportive and your employees will always have your back.

Aug 15, 2016 – Public Relations Specialist/HR specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and feedback. We take our commitment to our employees seriously and appreciate the comments you have made. We wish you the best of luck in your... More

9. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Pasadena, TX
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Pasadena, TX

I worked at Allied Orion Group (More than a year)

Pros

Allied Orion was a great company to work for with excellent proven leadership.

Cons

There were no cons that i could think of.

Advice to Management

Keep caring for employees the way that you do.

Jul 25, 2016 – Public Relations Specialist/HR specialist

Thank you very much for your excellent review and feedback. We appreciate it and are glad you enjoyed your time working for Allied Orion Group.

10. "Property Manager"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Allied Orion Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Always go above and beyond

Cons

No cons always willing to make it work

Jul 25, 2016 – Public Relations Specialist/HR specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your comments and positive feedback. We truly appreciate it and your continued contribution to our company.