Allied Universal "account managers" Reviews | Glassdoor

Allied Universal Employee Reviews about "account managers"

Updated Nov 12, 2019

2.9
Allied Universal CEO Steve Jones
Steve Jones
Pros
  • "Good people good pay weekly pay(in 99 reviews)

• "Good job opportunitiespromoting within good pay benefits 41K(in 86 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay unless you work a ton of OT(in 111 reviews)

• "Account managers dont care about the officers or the customers will have you as a part time officer after being there 4 years(in 68 reviews)

Reviews about "account managers"

Return to all Reviews

"Allied is a company with great career advancement as far as pay. Some account managers are great and others are mediocre"

Former Employee - Former Security Officer in New York, NY

I worked at Allied Universal full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is good and better than a lot of other security companies. They also do give you vacation pay automatically every year that you work for them. Some account managers are very responsive when you have questions or issues whilw working a site.

Cons

Challenges working at Allied include account managers who do not communicate consistently, who alter your work schedule with little to no notice, and who dont want to pay you for extra supplies or extra non security work you may end up doing at a site. Luckily my last account manager Michael Gray was great.

Advice to Management

Please hire account managers who are fair in scheduling work and very prompt in communicating with their site's security officers.

Allied Universal2016-12-16
  2. "Terrible work environment"

Current Employee - Response Officer in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Allied Universal full-time for more than a year

Pros

-OT (do it once to help be expected to do it all the time)

Cons

-Money not worth the headache -Account Manager treats you like garbage -Serious incidents get swept under the rug -Employee concerns never taken care of -Benefits (absolute worst)

Advice to Management

As a transfer from one account to his (Merrimack) there is a complete 180 in how Account Managers and supervisors operate. I came from an account where it was high tempo every day to an account where you get written up for doing your job. Even though this position requires a security clearance they still somehow manage to hire incompetent employees who blatantly disregard all security measures and AM never issues... any disciplinary actions but will be quick to write you up for wearing a hat backwards, rushing to timed alarms, or speaking to client about health risk you observe. In the past year I have been passed over in promotions, had my honey moon cut short by a week, and I had to fight to have time off when my child was born. This has been the worst company I have ever been a part of. I wish I could list everything wrong with this account but would be no good because nothing would get fixed or even addressed. I will address a few issues though 1. When requesting time off be ready to get you answer 3-5 days before you take time off and unfortunately you will be denied no matter how much time you give them to respond(1-5months in advance) 2. Military members beware this place makes you think you will be appreciated but NO as a member of the Guard I am harassed by the AM for taking time off to do military schools and my monthly drill. 3. Lack of training for new hires. It is on you the guard to train them. Even though there is a training officer who is supposed to make sure they are able to perform all necessary duties. You will be forced to train to standard and if the new hire shows signs of concern and security risks you are held accountable. All I have to say about this place is get ready to be treated like work comes before life and family.

Allied Universal2019-11-12

"Terrible managemenf"

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Warwick, NY

I worked at Allied Universal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Site coworkers friendly, easy to use app to track hours and paychecks

Cons

Paychecks were always wrong, whether it be too little or too much, first account manager was rude and incompetent, second account manager was unable to stand up for employees due to Allied competing for a contract, corporate was no help with being treated poorly by on site staff, cheapest insurance plan offered nothing and still cost almost a quarter of my weekly earnings, decent insurance plan cost as much as half... of my weekly earnings, only accrued half an hour vacation per pay period, constant mandated overtime due to understaffing

Allied Universal2019-10-21
  4. "Don't work here"

Current Employee - Security Professional in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Allied Universal full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't think of many. The only pro that I have is the fact that I can call out when needed because someone else can replace me.

Cons

Downsides: Communication is horrible! In order to contact HR about a check error, ethics, transferring, or anything else, I have to go through the account manager, and they blackball you from getting assistance or transferring. What if I have to report him/her? I had to go through the Allied corportate Facebook page to get a number for my local HR office... As expected, pay is not good at all, even in a populated... corporate area. The company/management will not be on your side at all. They only do whats best for the client you're contracted to. You are just a body they need that can easily be replaced.

Advice to Management

Carefully screen managers before hiring. Have a better way for employees to contact HR.

Allied Universal2019-09-17
  5. "Lots of Liars here"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Allied Universal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros-maybe you get a cushy inside sit down assignment.

Cons

Account managers that lie to about transferring your info to the local account managers for better employment because your resume is so great.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your lying staff.

Allied Universal2019-09-16
  6. "Pay"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Allied Universal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Depends on were you are the capt cares

Cons

There always problems with pay. There never in the office The account managers are over worked When you can't show up to work cause of pay there is an issue but that's on them for not paying bills comes first a person can replaced a place to live not so much You pull over time to not get paid the ot no paid vacations depending on post Sometimes people play favorites on post

Advice to Management

People will stop quitting if yall get more organized with pay and as a company as a whole

Allied Universal2019-08-21

"What a joke"

Current Employee - Security Escort in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allied Universal part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Weekly pay Network to move up or out

Cons

Depends o your site/location Incompetent Supervisor(s) and Account manager Pseudo-listening co workers You train other for free, even though theirs a job title for it If your not a christian then your religion isn't important nor cared to be understood You'll get harassed to "help out" by supervisors then management, but still be treated less than If you don't advance in a year nor be offered a higher position... by a supervisor or account manager then it's pointless to stay longer

Advice to Management

Why bother. You do what you want. As long as it's not hurting you, you won't fix multiple complaints about certain people everyone has an issue with.

Allied Universal2019-08-12

"Don't think about working here."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Franklin Park, IL

I have been working at Allied Universal full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Assistant Account Manager is a great guy to talk to and cares about his workers.

Cons

The Account Manager is an idiot, he doesn't know how to schedule people and he talks down to people. No discipline for lazy employees who can be seen on camera either sleeping or texting on thier phones. Employees are always late and not in uniform or if they are in uniform thier uniforms are wrinkled and shirts untucked. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Hire professional people, pay your people better.

Allied Universal2019-07-02

"Abussive Employer"

Current Employee - Security Professional in Renton, WA

I have been working at Allied Universal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They will pay you, relatively low volume of work depending on patrol or post.

Cons

The company will lie to and abuse you. They will will work you 60+ hours a week and threaten to fire you if you complain. Management will engage in quid pro quo relations, turn a blind eye to sexual harassment, theft, drug use, compromising site security and officer safety. Pretty much anything goes so long as they meet the bare minimum requirements for the contract. Employees will tamper with signed logs, show up... late, do whatever they want and there will be no consequences. They routinely tell you "you have no guarantee to anything and will stand whatever post whenever for however long they tell you, and it will change without notice", they discourage you from seeking employment elsewhere and it really just goes on and on. Suggesting that they are breaking the law will get them to threaten to fire you, writing HR does nothing as they just forward the complaint to the contract account manager seeking to silence the complainer rather than fix the problem. I've seen it happen three times and they were all fired. They tell you you can't email HR (not that it does any good), to lie to law enforcement, really I cannot stress enough how awful working for this company is. Honestly, this has been the single most demeaning and embarrassing experience of my life. I'm looking for work elsewhere, but for the love of god do not work for this abusive dishonest company. This companies operations go beyond unethical and immoral and are in many cases explicitly criminal.

Advice to Management

Give a cost of living raise yearly. Have some morals and basic human decency.

Allied Universal2019-07-15
  10. "A little unorganized but better than other security companies I've worked for."

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at Allied Universal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many posts to choose from

Cons

Not always very organized at the main offices. You never know when your account manager changes until after the fact. Constant staff turnovers.

Advice to Management

Try to keep your officers happy.

Allied Universal2019-05-31