Allonhill Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Allonhill CEO, Founder, and Chairwoman Sue Allon
Sue Allon

1. "Mortgage Servicing Review Analyst."

Former Employee - Mortgage Servicing Review Analyst in Denver, CO

Pros

Excellent training! Sue Allon made sure that everyone was cross-trained and mastered several job descriptions/titles so that we could excel in the financial industry. We were continuously updated on the latest C.F.P.B. regulations and how to implement them accordingly. Open door policy with all management. Some of my best friends were former colleagues. Paid us very well, great benefits. Excellent company! I would work with Sue Allon any time.

Cons

Unfortunately company was forced to close its doors.

Advice to Management

Thank you.

2. "Great people, shady management"

I worked at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was great, co workers were friendly, and I felt like I was part of a team. I really liked the company wide meetings that were held once a week, which made it feel like we were a whole group working towards one goal.

Cons

The CEO was friendly and seemed to really value her employees for the most part. Some of the other individuals working beneath her in upper management didn't even know who we were or what project we were working on. I sat idle for 2 weeks or so, with nothing to do, and our team felt a layoff was coming. We were assured that we would hear back from the client regarding more work, but we all felt uneasy. Sure enough, come pay day, we were all laid off. Management was always saying how transparent they were, but I could tell they were hiding something.

Advice to Management

If you feel as though a lay off is coming, please give your employees a fighting chance to find work ahead of time. The cost of living is high, and there's always a lag in receiving unemployment benefits. Please be transparent with your employees, as you are always saying you are. When I got laid off, the individual doing the process, gave off the vibe that he didn't really care and was hesitant to answer any questions regarding re hire, should the company see fit.

3. "This company is a sham."

Former Employee - Reporting Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Reporting Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the people I met and certain management members have me a chance to grow.

Cons

This company is full if you know what. None of the employees that were let go we're given copies of the agreements we signed. I actually applied for a job there after the OCC lay off and was laid off again. I played a vital part of the the OCC review and I am actually quite happy they are going through the trouble now. They should have treated employees better and some of us would have explained what was done. They turned there back on employees and I hope employees receive some type of compensation from the law suit. I am waiting for an attorney to call me.

Advice to Management

Screw them

5. "It was actually great while it lasted! Unfortunately poor management caused it not to last!"

Former Employee - Management in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Management in Denver, CO

I worked at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was an exciting place to work at the time I started there in 2011 on the OCC consent order project for Aurora Bank.

Cons

We never seemed to actually complete any of the reviews that were required. We would complete them, and then when we ran out of data we would find out that they were all being re-loaded due to some script changes or something that needed to be totally re-completed. Worst thing was that the owner was a little shady with her representations to the OCC regarding impartiality, and they ended up yanking the project.

Advice to Management

Don't play fast and loose with the federal government or they'll shut you down.

6. "Allonhill"

I worked at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Bad field to be a part of right now.

Advice to Management

Consider offering a contract underwriting service.

7. "The vision is there but the reality is lacking."

I worked at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The mission attracts smart people who want to make the mortgage industry better. They have a good mission statement and goals. They produces better quality work then most competitors.

Cons

They do not use the talent they have and do not put people's skills to use properly. They lay people off to often and the atmosphere there suffered as a consequence of that.

Advice to Management

Use the resources you have in a better, more productive manner. Focus on selling your products at a reasonable rate so you can provide your employees with more stability.

8. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Company has a great mission and they truly believe in getting the job done right.

Cons

This is a project based company and your told that when a project ends they put you on another one. Tell that to all the people they lay off and they're very secretive about all the lay offs. One day you come in and seven more people are gone. There is no security in working here - none.

Advice to Management

Please make your DDM's more accountable and quit thinking they're doing it right.

"Life on the Hill"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Allonhill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, always willing to assist. Great training department, willing to go the extra mile to do training - If the managers allow the training department to do their jobs.

Cons

The company is run by CPAs with minor mortgage industry knowledge. Their hiring practices in Senior Managment roles do not reflect the company motto "We want to revolutionize the mortgage industy". As they do not KNOW the mortgage industry, they can not effectively change it. The all hands meetings reflect the lack of direction the company has, one day it's certifing their competitors and other's it's new models of business that there is no platform for. Mortgage reviews are not completed properly and sold to the client as "the best", even when issues are pointed out to the Due Dillegence Managers.

Advice to Management

Hire stronger managers, support your Directors, stop having a flavor of the month favorite employee, as that trickels down to your Mountains. Why should managers think there is problem with this mentality as it starts at the top.

10. "A company with a vision and a mission to do things right."

Former Employee - Mortgage Service Review Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Mortgage Service Review Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Allonhill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot in a short period of time. This is a company which has a lot to offer in getting to know the foreclosure side of mortgages. It is definitely on the cutting edge.

Cons

So much change going on all the time that management often did not have answers for analysts. We could have used better communication. It felt like the stress levels needed to be addressed among the analysts as to what was going on with the project. This job ended in a layoff.

Advice to Management

Keep going! You are definitely needed in this industry. Maybe the project needed more of a foundation to really make headway. Communication became critical and could have been better in order for employees to deal with the constant change but overall the management is really great in this company and just needs some tweaking.

"Allonhill is a very disappointing company to work for despite the fuss and the big talk all over the internet"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Very few nice employees,which you can almost find elsewhere

Cons

- Lack of leadership
    - Very high turnover rates, that's why they keep hiring, simply because a lot of employees leave within the first 3months.
    - The CEO and the president treat employees so badly.
    -The sales & marketing team lie to customers 24h/7.

Advice to Management

Stop mispromoting Allonhill as "thought leadership". You're making a big fuss for nothing. I work there and I know how bad Allonhill is, how corrupt Allonhill's loan reviews are.
    Be nice and polite with your employees.