Allot Reviews

Updated May 8, 2020

3.7
Allot President and CEO Erez Antebi (no image)
Erez Antebi
Pros
  • "Good people, company really cares about workers, nice environment(in 6 reviews)

• "Working there for a long time, great people, impressive team work, improving all the time(in 5 reviews)

"Sales Engineer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Allot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are given flexible hours, very good with giving family time after travel. Challenging technical environment. Good product and technology.

Cons

The career paths are not clear, technology future is not clear. Workarounds for product are considered solutions.

February 18, 2018Social Thinker

We believe that the combination of new management and and better product focus these issues will be resolved. Thank you for your feedback

"Some good, some not so good"

I worked at Allot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Reasonably good income opportunity, benefits are better than average, flexibility for working anywhere reasonably accommodated, a few very good people in the organization who really want to see everyone succeed.

Cons

My way or the highway attitude from higher ups, unwillingness to adapt strategy to match different regions in the world, lack of focus on market needs for under-served constituents, actions don't always match rhetoric. Practically no path to advancement.

February 18, 2018Social Thinker

With a new management from mid-2017 the new Allot has changed a lot. Thank you for your constructive feedback.

"Senior Systems Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Woburn, MA

I worked at Allot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some very good products, technology and many great people.

Cons

Centralized control in Israel and no trust or distribution of autonomy or authority for even the smallest decision making capabilities. No trust of the people in the field to make proper business decisions and no support for them with technology or resources. Very much a blame culture, not supportive. Run by bean counters who are overly focused on short term quarterly numbers and not long term success, lacking true focus on the customer and long term true solution development. Product Management is horrible, ill conceived ideas that are released before they are ready and are unsupportable in the field. There is no way for a field engineer to open a feature request via a ticket system, you have to call the product manager (how does that scale or how do you track it? Basically you can't and most field requests are suppressed by PM).

February 21, 2018Social Thinker

We believe this has changed

"Software Architect"

I worked at Allot full-time

Pros

Advanced technology, friendly co-workers, flexible environment to challenge different areas

Cons

Business plan keeps changing, coordination between R&D and in-field support is not efficient

"Great Technology but organization is lacking"

I worked at Allot for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome Technology. Very complex and challenging

Cons

Organization and lack of focus is an issue

"Sales"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Tel Aviv-Yafo

I worked at Allot full-time

Pros

Good energies , good sales team

Cons

Need more benefits to the employee

May 31, 2020Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. The Tel Aviv office is a strategic investment in our future with lots of local talent , great culture and not to mention the great vibe that you brought us! Thank you for the comment, we are working on improving our benefits.

7. "Hard work"

Former Employee - Professional Services Engineer in Madrid

I worked at Allot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Skilled coworkers, friendly people on a personal level, fair benefits

Cons

High workload, poor work/private life balance despite the official speech. Products not properly documented and bad software quality. Products are released without enough testing leading to unbearable situations in front of customers. Bad collaboration between departments. Lack of training, you pay for your own training on your private time and the company doesn't give you a penny back. Be ready to fight for your rights as the company easily "forget" to compensate your night shifts and other extra hours. Delivery teams work very hard to compensate the products and organisation issues but are not rewarded as they should.

Continue reading

"Great Company to work on"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Allot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company in terms of people caring

Cons

Needs more people to improve year over year results

March 1, 2020Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We're increasing our lead by hiring the best people for every job within the company. Feel free to approach the HR and share if you see a need to recruit for a specific team.

"no clear vision, no respect"

I worked at Allot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibity, some good colleagues, international company

Cons

New management since 2017. They made some plan saying that is our direction... Since then everyday there is a new vision, direction. Nothing is clear. Every day rules changes and you're not aware. Employee are more and more frustrated. No respect for the employees. You're a number... Don't ask for a salary increase every year it's the same no budget! Everything is done for Israelian employee... If you're not based in Israel, you've nothing... In Israel, they have a lot of social events inside of the company

March 15, 2020Social Media Community Manager

So glad to hear that you have been with us for more then five years! We strive to keep our team happy no matter where they are located. Please follow our social media channels and see the social events we produce for our international team!

10. "Not the best place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo

I have been working at Allot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Work life balance. * Salaries (at least mine) are fine. * The company is taking a different (promising) direction

Cons

* Culture is old. * Bonuses are rare. * Nothing really special.

February 12, 2020Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback. Indeed, Allot is not a hip Startup company in Tel Aviv. Allot is an industry leader in network security and visibility that strives to improve every day and focuses on the best for our employees and clients alike. We are glad that you can already see how the company is heading towards a new promising direction! Please feel free to approach us with any concern!

Found 63 reviews