Allscripts Reviews | Glassdoor

Allscripts CEO Paul Black
Paul Black

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Would be nice to have more of a work/life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Upper management is ever changing creating uncertainty (in 28 reviews)

1. "Great place to work. Glen's the man!"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Intern in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Intern in Chicago, IL

Pros

Focus on innovation. Room to advance and fly. Great management. Glen's the man. Even as an intern was able to take on as much responsibility as i could handle. The company is very focused on fostering innovation and has a great culture. These guys are at the forefront of the electronic healthcare industry, and by working there was a great learning experience. I had access to people at all levels even the senior management.

Cons

At times projects are a bit disorganized.

Advice to Management

Keep Glen in charge.

"Fast Growth Company in an Exploding Market"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Allscripts is well-positioned in a high-growth industry. Only 15% of physicians are using an EHR (our bread & butter product) and the Obama Stimulus package includes $20 Billion for physicians to encourage adoption. Allscripts positioned themselves to grab the lion-share through savvy business strategies (giving away ePrescribing to create presence in doctor's offices), key purchases of top companies whose products complimented their own and the recent Misys merger which connected them to 150,000 physicians to sell to.

Glen Tullman was recognized last year as the top newsmaker in the Healthcare IT space and he is the only person from the industry who has served as advisor to President Obama on the need for healthcare automation. In my short time here I've watched him grow the company from $183MM to @ $700MM. Since his prefered reward to top performers is restricted stock, we are invested in driving this growth.

Cons

Much of Allscripts growth comes in the form of mergers and acquisitions. Some of these are easier then other and the results are conflicts in culture and pockets of "us vs. them" attitudes which are at best annoying and at worst harmful to progress. This is likely confusing to new hires if their team insists on calling products by their old names or citing the wisdom of former owners. More attention to blending cultures must be paid.

Rapid growth companies are not for everybody. We do work hard here to make it happen.

Advice to Management

Keep the energy high and keep driving us forward but pay more attention to blending the cultures ~ continue creating a new culture limit demotivation and creating a sense of inclusion.

"Overall satisfied with Allscripts."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

The flexibility of Allscripts allows for a balance between home and work. The salary is in line with the work that I do.
    People

Cons

Management does not always act like they care about the employees. Also the revenue numbers out weigh the customer care.

Advice to Management

If our customers are taken care of our revenue numbers will be met. To many times we put the revenue numbers ahead of doing what is right for the client.

"All Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

It is an exciting place to work with all of the acquisitions that the company is making.

Cons

There is little standardization of processes across the company. Everyone talks of "legacy" company origins and the way this are done for that legacy part of the company. There should be one way to do the same thing within the company.

5. "Great place to work, many opportunities to create your own career destiny"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

innovative company, belief that ideas come from everywhere, really big on philanthropy

Cons

expected to work weekends and lots in evenings. people never "unplug". Work travel often happens on weekends.

Advice to Management

create a "suggestion box" for big ideas. Always say ideas aer welcomed but there's no mechanism for them to bubble-up.

6. "I enjoy the entire team I work with."

Current Employee - Expert Clinical Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Expert Clinical Analyst in San Jose, CA

Pros

Professional atmosphere; smart coworkers; approachable management.
    I have been given many opportunities for job expansion. Every year I have the ability to learn a new software product, implement or upgrade applications and develop my project management skill.

Cons

As part of outsourced IT department, we may be recognized and supported by Allscripts management for the value we bring to the business, but the customer does not always recognize how much we do for them, what sacrifices we make to support them after hours and on weekends and the commitment we have to our work. Allscripts management may be appreciative, but the customer is not always.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize the accomplishments of employees at every opportunity. There is a lot of talent within the organization. The biggest challenge to management is to recognize each individual’s value and harness if for mutual benefit. Develop your future leaders from within.

7. "extremely happy"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Remote work alot of support from the team and other deparments within the company. Alot of time spent on training learning products inside and out. Promote good working environment up beat everyone is willing to pitch in. My manager PM and team is excellent bunch of workers.
    Excellent benefits encourage healty living and healthy environment. They ask for suggestions and inputs and act on it not smoke and mirrors. They want everyone to empower themselves with all the tools they have to offer.

Cons

I cant think of one

8. "Great Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cooperative team approach using AGILE methodology for system development. Friendly atmosphere. Management seems to care about the welfare of staff. Health, dental and 401K are very good. Wonderful opportunity to learn and grow whether you are beginning or in the sunset of your career.

Cons

Depending on where you live, the commute to Burlington, MA can be a killer

9. "Work was fun at Allscripts"

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-excellent infrastructure.
    -friendly working environment
    -challenging work

Cons

Never had any. Company location was too far from the city

"Very rewarding experience. I highly the company."

Current Employee - Senior Support Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Support Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A lot of opportunity and growth.

Cons

If you are not self-motivated you may fall behind here.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage growth opportunities to motivated employees.

Showing 970 of 1,007 reviews