Allscripts Reviews | Glassdoor

Allscripts Reviews

Updated July 31, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Would be nice to have more of a work/life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Upper management is ever changing creating uncertainty (in 28 reviews)

"Worst Place Ever!!!"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I really don't have any good things to say about this hole. Wait...the cafe in Raleigh is pretty good! Grits and tea were awesome!!!

Cons

So many I can't type it all. The dept I worked in (at the back near the mailroom) had no organization at all. Leadership was a complete joke all around. Even upper management was a joke!

Advice to Management

Understand that these employees ( well some of them) come to work and bust their behinds and get no recognition. I was looking for a way out everyday! Absolutely no work/life balance. Management didn't care if you had kids or not, they just wanted you to work like a robot!

"Manager"

I worked at Allscripts full-time

Pros

Core EHR products are maturing but some key trends in Pop Health, Analytics might present opportunities (however I doubt Allscripts will be able to pull it together)

Cons

Poorly managed. Lack of vision, no strategy. Marketing team is treated as ticket-takers. BU teams are arrogant thinking they know everything. No collaboration. No regard for employees AT ALL. I would strongly advice staying away from this company, they are going downhill...Also lots of layoffs so beware.

Advice to Management

Nurture your employees, get to know them and learn more about their capabilities and what they can offer. Change the leadership team, they have a lot of VPs and Directors. Focus on key areas and execute, not change direction every 1-2 months.

"Worst working environment"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Based on my experiences, there really aren't any Pros to list.

Cons

I worked here for 2 days and quite. It was such an unprofessional environment. On my first day, my "manager" told me there was a bet placed on my success and I needed to be a "rockstar" so he could win. Also, after 8+ years in finance and accounting, I was brought in with the interns and completed degraded. I was told several things in my offer, but on my first day, all of that was revoked. Also no one spoke to me for over 6 hours on day one, and the same on day 2. Management was no where to be found, no welcome lunch etc.
    Terrible pay and no flexibility

Advice to Management

Stop treating your Sr. Staff like interns!

"Sales"

Former Employee - Client Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cons

Incompetent leaders
    Lots of subpar contractors
    Outraged clients
    Massive layoffs

Advice to Management

With leadership changes and consistent reorganizations, the only pros were coworkers and the ability to work from home. The direction the company moved in after Mr. Black took over as the CEO has completely ruined Allscripts, and the mass exodus of clients has not changed the direction of Mr. Black's sinking ship. The board needs to look in a different direction and get an executive level broom, as the last change at the top and the introduction of his cronies has been detrimental to the company, the employees, and the clients.

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Product Expert in Coatesville, IN
    Former Employee - Product Expert in Coatesville, IN

I worked at Allscripts (More than a year)

Pros

Once a great place to work..

Cons

New management has driven the company into the ground

Advice to Management

Sell the company and let someone else do their best to revive it.

"No Organization"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts full-time

Pros

Pays decent, well known brand, some employees are knowledgeable

Cons

No internal communication, upper management non transparent, NO company culture, outdated software, unorganized, tedious processes to achieve end goal, office was unnecessarily under construction several times during the year to remodel, and not enough customer service for clients.

Advice to Management

Needs organization, streamlined communication within departments and between customers and employees. Needs to focus more on customer service for clients also.

"Healthcare is a great place to be, just not at Allscripts"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, co-workers are great. Can work from home but the policy is changing and that privilege seems to slowly be going away.

Cons

Constant last minute changes. You basically are not expected to have a life outside of work and are on call for fire drills most of the time. Leadership is lacking and high-level management appears to be hired through the cliques, not through experience and knowledge. Bonus's are given to upper management only, although individual contributors put in as much, if not more effort. No job security - people are leaving or are being terminated, several very large lay-offs this year. Constant re-organizing with no direction or some making very little sense.

Advice to Management

I'm not going to bother with this as most of them won't listen nor do they care.

"A Deeply Flawed Company"

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Initially decent vacation and medical insurance packages, although each year the insurance got worse. Physical working conditions were acceptable, but conditions were declining as they worked toward moving everyone except top executives into a noisy and poorly planned open office environment. My immediate coworkers were talented and dedicated but increasingly leaving/being pushed out of the company due to the cons listed below.

Cons

Higher-ups jockeyed for control of parts of business resulting in frequent reorganizations. There was a relentless drive to force all product teams to work the same way, regardless of substantive differences in their markets, customer base, products, technologies, and team culture. The processes pushed down from above were typically ill conceived, overly complex, poorly documented, and constantly changing due to poor outcomes. Internal business systems were poorly implemented and frequently unreliable. Top leadership fundamentally did not understand how to empower the workforce to achieve extraordinary results. For example, they mandated a forced distribution of employee performance ratings and the resulting arbitrary termination of the “lowest” performers, practices that have largely been abandoned by top-tier companies as anti-team.

Advice to Management

Remove the management that is focused on building their own empires to the detriment of the company. Rationalize your product offerings, focus on offering a limited number of best in class products instead of trying to offer a full suite of what turn out to be mediocre products. Empower each product team to own their product; execute the appropriate development, implementation, and support processes for that product; and hold them responsible for the results. Stop buying innovative start-ups and then crushing them with micromanagement and mandatory adherence to broken processes that eventually destroys the value of what you bought.

9. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Allscripts full-time

Pros

It is basically a very good company with good benefits and salaries

Cons

Revenue Cycle Management on the NorthShore account is the worst you could ever encounter in your lifetime. Job Knowledge at the top is non-existent. They ride the backs of the staff with the knowledge while they run with the credit. Management gang buster style is very oppressive and very nasty to those of other protected classes; especially if you come across confident, smarter and more knowledgable than them. Bias ness and partiality is common place in the workplace; especially if you are not part of their click. There is opportunity for growth but management would subtle block your every move for advancement. The HR department is in co-hoots with management; so it does not make sense complaining to HR because it goes right back to management. I think Paul Black and others should hire a company to come in and speak to the staff concerning the Allscripts Revenue Cycle management at LI; and also speak to the client -NorthShore on the quality of service from Joe Mann and his team. Paul Black would be surprise to know that they are just in there for the big $$$$ - nothing else.

Advice to Management

Get some training on professionalism, management and general office etiquette. Treat people with respects regardless of who they are. Stop putting pressure on staff to quit because you have no reason to fire them. When you come together it should be for the good of employees not to figure out ways to CYAs at the employee's expense.

"Implementation Analyst"

Pros

The people I met there have been wonderful and have helped the days go by faster while working at allscripts

Cons

Very unorganized place to work at and they really don't help you grow professionally.

Showing 137 of 1,007 reviews