Allscripts Reviews | Glassdoor

Allscripts Reviews

Updated July 22, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Would be nice to have more of a work/life balance (in 39 reviews)

• Upper management is ever changing creating uncertainty (in 28 reviews)

"Senior Support Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Support Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Support Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Friendly coworkers. Opportunities to move within the company if you want to change jobs.

Cons

Not good support for employees working remotely and learning a new product. Not good communication from management as to the status of the company.

"Fast paced environment and lots of learning as you go. A great mix of remote and traveling."

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lot of learning!! Worked with a large variety of people, great clients who are eager to learn and work with consultants.

Cons

Very segmented, the various departments don't communicate, difficult when a company is not on the same page. Too much outsourcing.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing and focus on customer relationships.

"not bad......"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary for my particular position.

Cons

No job security, constant lay-offs and limited promotion opportunity. Collaboration between groups is strained. I have not worked at a company as large that I had to work so hard to get responses from co-workers. On boarding process and human resources presence is minute.

Advice to Management

The company needs solid leadership and unification. The sheer number of merged companies within Allscripts and the lack of unity is quite a problem.

4. "support analyst"

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Support Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The ability to have flexible hours

Cons

there is no room for advancement

5. "Implementation Consultant"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts (More than a year)

Pros

Professional company, great people minus a few.

Cons

HR isn't great at all.

"Sr. Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

good people, flexible, team spirit

Cons

bad reputation, frequently org changes

"Software Architect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not a bad place to work

Cons

People in there outsourcing department have little or no contact

"Support Technical Consultant"

Former Employee - Support Technical Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Support Technical Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are great there. Flexibility. Ability to work from home some days not all. Great health insurance

Cons

Learn on your own. Management does not care about workload. Knowledge base is bad. Promotions based off how long you worked there not skill level. To many managers that do not know the product. Takes one year to go from contract to full time 90% of time. Lots of India hiring shifting more to moving jobs there. 3 lay offs in the one year I was there.

Advice to Management

More support for your support. Acknowledge good work more.

"Decent Company"

Former Employee - Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Easy job, no stress, good commute

Cons

No advancement opportunities, company does not have an image. Low profile, low morale

Advice to Management

Need to have new management

"Was great until Eclipsys merger followed by new CEO"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working from home (when necessary). Not much micromanaging day to day. Reasonable job stability with not much in the way of layoffs.

Cons

After the merger with Eclipsys, the management was gutted from Allscripts and Eclipsys people were put in charge. Unfortunately, Eclipsys was going downshift, before the merger, and their managers were not familiar with the small physician practices. They were only familiar with hospitals. It's fine to outsource Support to India when you are dealing with hospitals which have all their own IT staffs. It is not fine when there are office managers and doctors calling in directly.
       Even that merger was bearable, until they ousted the previous CEO and brought in the current CEO. He was on record as getting over $10 million just for coming on as CEO, and, yet, in his first meeting with the employees, he was asked about employee bonuses/raises. He told us to stop worrying about such things, and just to put our heads down and do our work, and shut up. I guess as long as he gets his $, then things are fine.
       Then, the company mismanaged putting a new Oracle accounting system in place (financial reports still aren't right after 1 1/2 years) and that ended up with the head of development reporting back to the COO that , no, none of his people were using the after hours pay. They reported this back to the board, and said they could cut after hours pay for development, support and services and save lots of money. When it was discovered that the head of development had just gotten bad numbers, they didn't want the embarrassment of telling the board they were wrong, so they went forward with eliminating the overtime pay for everyone. This included some teams in Services, where people were working an extra 30+ hours each week, and making $30K extra per year, while bringing in an extra $250K for the company. The company didn't like idea of people making so much extra money, so they canceled the after hours incentives, and lost the huge additional profit they were making, and destroyed employee morale.
       We have also watched, as VP after VP was hired in from the new CEO's old friends at his old company. Most times, the new VPs were not VPs in their old position. Cronyism runs rampant.

Advice to Management

Reorg the company. There should be no VPs with no people under them. We have just shy of 200 people with VP or AVP in their title now, while we only have 6000 people in the company. We should have 30-50 VPs at most, not 200. That will save a few million each year, right there.
    Bring back all client facing positions (including Support) to the US. Customers don't want to talk to India.
    Give raises and bonuses to top performing employees.
    Worry about making and selling a better product, and stop focusing on squeezing the last penny from the employees who are already lowest on the salary grades.
    Bring back after hours pay, even if at 50% of what it was. Employees perform far better if they feel they are being compensated for their time, rather than having nothing in it for them, but more work, and the possibility that they will get a 1.8% raise at the end of the year, instead of 1.5%.