Pay can be low compared to other opportunities but they make up for it in other areas like work life balance and benefit offerings (in 75 reviews)
You're an independent contractor so there are no benefits, though Allstate does offer some more affordable packages for their agents to purchase (in 68 reviews)
I have been working at Allstate as a contractor (Less than a year)
good environment, supportive team, the pay is good base on the level of this position. People are quite friendly
it is a very stressful position, all in the number. Allstate is very protective to its employee. so as a contractor sometimes it feels weird there
I worked at Allstate full-time (More than a year)
- Great benefits
- Great office space and dining
- Discounts on products
- Generous incentive bonuses
- Senior leadership is inconsistent with communication
- Everything is sales-driven (bad if you didn't sign on for it)
- I needed to have surgery on my shoulder. Because of that and time needed for rehab I was told I'd be fired if I got the surgery.
- Not very diverse in age (mostly middle-aged and up at Capital region office)
Advice to Management
While cross-training is good, having management in rotational roles they have no right being in is bad for them and bad for the team they're leading. Moreover, be honest with job descriptions. I applied to do something that was not sales related and was disappointed to learn it was very much sales-driven.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?