Allstate Claims Service Adjuster Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2019

4.7
Allstate Chairman and Chief Executive Officer  Thomas J. Wilson II
Thomas J. Wilson II
  1. "Great for reliability and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Claims Service Adjuster

I have been working at Allstate full-time

Pros

Great training and enormous opportunity

Cons

Job functions can become boring if not developed

Allstate2019-12-15

"Stay away"

Claims Service Adjuster in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Allstate for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent medical and retirement benefits. Some might consider the heavy workload to be job security.

Cons

There are no chances for advancement unless you belong to a visible minority or protected class. Bullying is the norm and there is no avenue for relief. You can't appeal to your manager because he or she is likely an even greater bully. i have never worked anywhere where so many of my coworkers die at a very young age, some even die in the office.

Advice to Management

Sadism is not an honorable management method. Ultimately it does not serve the customer well.

Allstate2016-12-23

"Employee's aren't in good hands"

Former Employee - Claims Service Adjuster in Diamond Bar, CA

I worked at Allstate full-time

Pros

Training, Claim Platform, Brand, Experienced Staff.

Cons

Good Old Boy Network, Poor managers stay in the same spot for years, Lack of upward mobility, lack of accountability/transparency, 401k/Profit Sharing, "estimates for best case scenario" take advantage of customers and do not take into account realistic cost of repairs.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. You have layers of middle managers who are ineffective and demoralizing.

Allstate2016-06-18

"Too muck work!"

Current Employee - Claims Service Adjuster in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Allstate full-time

Pros

Good Salary and nice co-workers. Generous PTO. Nice work environment. Ok Benefits and pension a plus. Volunteer work encouraged but you have to do it on your own time.

Cons

Poor Management and no concern for excessive work and effect on adjusters. No work life balance and people not given recognition for all that they do in a timely matter. Feels like an assembly line in an office environment

Advice to Management

Hire enough adjusters to handle the work. Do not overwork your good employees and support your adjusters in a way they feel that they are appreciated.

Allstate2016-05-16

"An all-around good place to be"

Former Employee - Claims Service Adjuster in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Allstate full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will work with amazing people, and you will be able to restore the lives of customers on a daily basis. You are given lots of trust to do your work, and being able to take a lunch when you need to. This is not a call center, so you are entrusted with power to make decisions relevant to the job. Local leadership was caring and honest, and reflected the type of leader I wanted to become.

Cons

Well.. I was fired so I don't work here anymore. But I deserved to be fired, my attendance was getting to be an issue that affected the customers, which is of utmost important to Allstate, and I respect that they took action. The pay seemed low for the amount of time and energy I invested in this career, but it is a company that lots of people would love to work for, so they don't need to pay people more, which I understand.

Advice to Management

Keep your tremendous employees around, these people are special, and they represent the brand to the highest standards across the community. They take lots of pride in what they do, and you executives are very intelligent people, so I dare you to do the right thing and cut back on expenses in order to compensate these claims folks in an equitable fashion. Please pay them more, and you will earn a new generation of Allstate-lifers. Travelers Insurance pays well over $10,000 more for a similar role. Or, make this an hourly role so folks that put in 50-60 + hrs a week get paid what they deserve. They are giving customers the VIP treatment, and maneuvering through outdated systems to do that. Especially since they are saving you lots of $ by settling certain things themselves rather than sending it up to another unit (who gets paid to handle that situation). Putting people ahead of policies is a two-way street, and I think my requests would be doing what any reasonable and prudent person would do.

Allstate2016-02-25

"Senior Claims Rep"

Former Employee - Senior Claims Service Adjuster in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

benefits - the golden handcuffs with PTO days, 401, insurance ect - very good

Cons

pay bands - top out too early

Advice to Management

keep quality people there

Allstate2016-02-16

"Good start up job, not if you want to advance. Not many management opportunities in Jacksonville."

Former Employee - Senior Claims Service Adjuster in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generous PTO, good work life balance. Decent holidays off now that they added some over the years. Office is in a nice location with security.

Cons

Difficult to advance, not many opportunities within the local Jacksonville office. New hires are paid almost as much as tenured people due to failure to pay tenured employees for properly for their advancement.

Allstate2016-02-15

"Nice people, don't deliver"

Current Employee - Claims Service Adjuster in Tigard, OR

I have been working at Allstate full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easygoing work environment with responsive management so long as they aren't all in yet another meeting. Great benefits.

Cons

For claims: unmanageable workload, excessive overtime that is not reimbursed, asked to anticipate customer needs but the company doesn't anticipate OUR needs, not a competitive salary whatsoever, high overturn. I've done claims with this company and another for 5 years. This is by far the worst company I've worked for.

Advice to Management

Raise the salary so at least we're compensated for our hard work.

Allstate2015-11-08

"Not an organized Job"

Former Employee - Senior Claims Service Adjuster in Rocky Hill, CT

I worked at Allstate full-time for less than a year

Pros

There were some great people at the company, great paid time off, benefits and the company really tried hard to get the spirits up of their employee's.

Cons

I worked in a unit where it was supposed to be fast paced claim.... we should also figure out who was at fault easily. Our manager's wouldn't understand why we couldn't go through the claims quicker but it just wasn't physically possible to get through those many claims and phone calls in a day...it didn't help that our manager wouldn't help us with phone calls if we were slammed. It was just a very messy position because you would eventually stay late because you didn't want to be behind the next day or the weekend. Very overworked. Also great paid time off, however you wouldn't be able to do it because the people who have been there longer would always have it.

Allstate2015-09-27

"Claims service adjuster"

Current Employee - Claims Service Adjuster in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers who are willing to lend a hand.

Cons

Management only cares about customer sat. Pay is average. Workload is very demanding.

Advice to Management

Come up with strategies to help your employees keep their heads above water so that we can work efficiently, be successful, and keep your customer sat high

Allstate2015-09-02