Allstate Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Thomas J. Wilson II
  1. "It consultant"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good place to work. Career opportunities for advancement. Good people.

Cons

Not many for me, I worked here for 31 years.

Allstate2019-09-23
  2. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Consultant

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Allows for some work life balance. Commitment to continuing education and community.

Cons

Constant change but we are getting more adaptable.

Allstate2019-12-22
  3. "Heavy phone-sales tasks"

Current Intern - Internal Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Allstate for less than a year

Pros

Supportive and encouraging team, laid back work environment, team events are regular

Cons

very heavy laden with cold calling phone sales, trying to close new policies.

Allstate2019-11-15
  4. "Under Paid, Decent Benefits"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant

I have been working at Allstate full-time

Pros

Generous PTO, overall benefits program in line with industry though.

Cons

When reviewing similar roles outside of the company you realize you are underpaid even when you take into account benefits.

Allstate2019-09-17

"Warning Stay Clear, benefits suck and are extremely high."

Former Employee - Education Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Loved sharing information and getting the staff ready to help Allstate customers.

Cons

Pay raises are a joke. The give you a review in Jan and if you are lucky you get a 3% raise so that you can now pay for the increase cost of your medical insurance. Crappy Medical Ins for employees in cost a fortune and has a 6000 ded. For a family 350 every two weeks. Management sucked!!! I had one manager that didn’t care for me and would go behind my back and tell his manager I was the reason New Hires were not successful. Truth was they would hire unqualified people because they had no choice because any one decent could make better money somewhere else. I had several new hires that didn’t even know how to work a basic computer they couldn’t even sign on without assistants or work in outlook. How can I be held responsible for the person not succeeding when they should have never been hired for a position they were not qualified for? Management would interview and make offers and hope they would at least pass the background check/ drug screen. We would have new hires not even show up the first day. So a class of 20 would end up being a class of 12. If they did show up it was just a way to get into the door at Allstate with a hope of advancing and making more money later. Which was a joke on them because any raises received our medical insurance would take it as a increase and advancement only was successful if you kiss butt to get it. Turn Over was crazy you would have a training class complete training only to leave the Dept or quit within 6 months.

Advice to Management

You have to pay good employees to take care of your customers or they will leave for a better company. Your equipment and software is extremely old. No wonder customers like Geico better.

Allstate2019-10-08
  6. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Benefits, Pay, Opportunity and Personal development

Cons

None at this time yet

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Allstate2019-08-26
  7. "great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Consultant

I have been working at Allstate full-time

Pros

great leaders and ability to move around the company

Cons

in the suburbs - long commute

Allstate2019-08-20

"Run Away"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stable Company, yet in decline

Cons

Local management creates toxic work environment Annual reviews contains fishy goals that are not aligned to corporate or sales goals. Sets everyone up to have low pay increases. Average is under 3% including promotions Upper and middle management lacks intellect and vision. Good old boys club. Desire to be a technology innovator but leadership thinks that's using MSOffice. Pay and benefits package decline every year.

Advice to Management

Multiple low Inspire survey results should trigger a review of problems by HO. Instead, they target and retaliate. Managers needs to have real degrees (not buy a degree) and critical thinking skills.

Allstate2019-09-14

"Poor HR Leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Consultant in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, work life balance with work from home and flexible schedule options. Fantastic PTO! Co-workers are great. Wonderful wellness program with a health clinic and full pharmacy on campus. Good cafeteria and loved Starbucks! Challenging work. The northbrook campus is beautiful.

Cons

Below market pay. I left and made 15k more with bonus capability. Only salary band E and above are bonus eligible and the bonus is small. HR leaders make the rules but don’t follow them. They expect employees to do more work with less resources. They replaced my job with 2 people when I left. I would have stayed if I could made more and a more reasonable workload. Some managers were supportive of employee development and the old school ones that have been there over 20 years were not. You only could move up if you had the right advocates there. I was told I was a top performer and that I maximized my role and could not learn anything more. It was told I could move up to the next level which was a D band however every time I applied for anything an LDP person got the roles over my experience with the organization. Then HR communicated that they were not filling anymore roles in Northbrook and they wanted everyone to hire only in Irving, TX. Therefore I knew I was stuck in my career. This lasted for a short time and then they were hiring in Northbrook again. I was moved onto a new team before I left and was not given a choice. Therefore I left to finally get the opportunity to move into a HR Business Partner role that I worked so hard to move into at ALLSTATE and could not. I did not feel valued at all when I left. I learned a ton over my years there which I am grateful and it made me very valuable to the new organization I moved to. HR leaders were awful. Leaders in the business were great!

Advice to Management

Pay employees conceptively for the work they do and support employee development. Also give employees development opportunities and not only develop those from the LDP program.

Allstate2019-07-26

"Great People, Great Benefits, OK Salary"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people and the benefits are great here. If you network into certain groups you will find there's pretty much an expert for everything so the sky is the limit to getting the resources you need to perform your job and learn new things. As far as benefits, I had 25 days of PTO plus 5 days of carry-over--something not every company offers.

Cons

Just as there are pockets of the company where a premium placed on critical thinking and business acumen, there are also pockets of the company where your career basically boils down to how good you can sell yourself--even if you do it by misleading others. This proves to be an ethical dilemma for much of the best analytical talent.

Advice to Management

Continue to carry out the vision of being a data analytics company. Continue to fiercely protect the time of your best analysts--shielding them from those who are scared to change and drive their initiatives forward.

Allstate2019-07-12