Allstate Reviews | Glassdoor

2,893 reviews

Full-time Part-time

2,893 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Pay can be low compared to other opportunities but they make up for it in other areas like work life balance and benefit offerings (in 75 reviews)

• You're an independent contractor so there are no benefits, though Allstate does offer some more affordable packages for their agents to purchase (in 68 reviews)

1. "Sales"

I worked at Allstate full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Excellent co-workers

Cons

Goals and expectations were constantly changing

Advice to Management

none

2. "Great benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Business Process Specialist in Pocatello, ID
    Current Employee - Senior Business Process Specialist in Pocatello, ID

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Effective leaders and positive culture.

Cons

Few professional positions available locally.

3. "Financial Specialist"

I worked at Allstate full-time

Pros

Flexibility, positive environment, goal and results oriented

Cons

Poor service awareness on the financial planning business

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. "Depends on your Agent"

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Allstate part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Allstate is a great and reputable company that will make sure you are trained in the way that they want/need. But your whole experience will really depend on the agent you get in with and their ethics.

Cons

Hard to get into corporate side
    Little advancement opportunities

6. "Leadership Development Program"

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for new college graduates - you gain a perspective of the company right out the gate. You also get the opportunity to dive into possible career interests before committing to a permanent position. Great opportunity for development as leaders take you seriously and hear your ideas. Great place to work. Truly, "The Good Hands."

Cons

Nothing too glaring - it is a program, so you must complete the three, one year rotations before moving into a permanent role.

"Allstate has become more than just a job... it's become my passion and given me more friends than I can count."

Current Employee - Front Line Leader in Pocatello, ID
    Current Employee - Front Line Leader in Pocatello, ID

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people both your peers and your leaders. The pay is great. I started in Unlicensed Service and have moved up through different departments and roles. I have been at Allstate for almost 4 years and make 8 dollars more an hour than when I started and that's not taking into consideration shift or weekend differentials. The paid time off allows for work life balance if you use it appropriately. There is consistent support from every one. I love the opportunity for growth if you're willing to work hard. Allstate and the leaders in Idaho have shaped me into a better person both professionally and personally. For that I will be forever grateful.

Cons

We strive to continuously get better and sometimes forget the every day "I'm proud of you" but Allstate has great recognition programs and strives for engagement. Like with any job there are changes and if you can't effectively navigate change or are unwilling to understand why there is a change then this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

To the Division Managers and Site Leader... I respect each and every one of you more than you know because I see how much you care about every one that works here. You always strive to do what's right for the frontline representatives and leaders while holding us accountable to our commitments. My advice to you is to remember how much every day recognition matters to people whether that is a thank you or an I'm proud of you as you pass someone. To the Frontline Leaders... continue to be present with your teams, always hold yourselves accountable and don't be so hard on yourself. The greatest lesson I have learned from my leaders at Allstate is to lead by example.

"Claims Service Specialist"

Current Employee - Claims Service Specialist in Diamond Bar, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Service Specialist in Diamond Bar, CA

I have been working at Allstate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoy the team environment and the fact that we all help each other. Health benefits, flex-time and PTO make it easier to balance home and work life. Team leaders are helpful and willing to coach you in order to enhance your career opportunities. Company culture is admirable. They provide you with great training in order to better prepare you, however, this is an industry where there is always something new to learn. Therefore, you must be prepared to adapt quickly and use the tools they give you effectively.

Cons

Similar to many other companies, merits are given based on performance, and performance is measured by numbers. Your percentages are viewed daily, and monthly goals are set in order to meet company metrics. The job itself could be monotonous, and at times it could be hard to focus. Long hours of sitting could often end up making you feel very tired.

Advice to Management

It would be a great idea to have on-site gyms or more opportunity for Allstate employees to engage in more physical activity, for example on-site fitness classes. I think this would allow employees to reduce stress levels, which in turn would allow overall performance to improve.

9. "It's a call center environment."

Former Employee - Claims Service Specialist in Yuma, AZ
    Former Employee - Claims Service Specialist in Yuma, AZ

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is great. Everyone is friendly. Break room has multiple TV'S and plenty of seating. The building itself has lots of amenities. There are always competitions and events for you to win something.

Cons

Micromanaged. You are timed in everything that you do from restroom to 15 min break. You are told when to take your break. If you're in the restroom for some time, they will be notified to make sure you're "ok". Select few (the favorites) are taking off the car list and placed on tasks. (Duties that require little to no customer interaction)

10. "Customer Relations Specialist"

Former Employee - Licensed P&C Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Licensed P&C Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in the call center environment for 3 years. The wage and benefits were good.

Cons

you could never have a Saturday off or you would be penalized.no work life balance.

Advice to Management

they could do a better job with the work schedules.

11. "Customer Service"

I worked at Allstate full-time

Pros

Dedicated staff. Professional atmosphere. Diverse and inclusive.

Cons

High call volumes and moderate stress.

Advice to Management

Explore trends with customer issues and needs in order to implement meaningful solutions that benefit the customers and stakeholders.

Showing 2,893 of 3,054 reviews