Allure Marketing Group Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Allure Marketing Group Account Executive Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2019

3.8
Allure Marketing Group CEO Allie Anapolsky (no image)
Allie Anapolsky

"Great Place For Growth and Experience!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Allure Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked in finance before starting this position at Allure and learned more in my first 3 days than 3 years at my other firm. The amount of time they spend mentoring and training and building foundations for the people on the team is incomparable. I feel I haven’t just grown professionally but personally too and the skill sets are all transferable to day to day life. I’m so excited for the next steps and can’t wait... to see where the next couple year takes us.

Cons

I don’t have cons to list in this portion. I am happy where I’m working and can’t imagine being part of any other team.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the motivation and hard work you do everyday to help the company in its growth and future.

Allure Marketing Group2019-01-23

"Good but not great"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Allure Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is commission based only, so your salary depends entirely on what you work for.

Cons

No much to say other than work on commission pay is definitely demanding.

Allure Marketing Group2019-06-14

"Requires lots of dedication and commitment"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Allure Marketing Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Allure allows you to move up through the company no matter your background or experience. It works everyone from the bottom up. The office is one of the most diverse offices I've ever seen, 50% female and a whole mix of ethnicities and nationalities. I felt welcome and appreciated by everyone, they treat you like family. They really helped me through a rough time and I couldn't thank them enough.

Cons

Unfortunately, I personally just wasn't cut out for the work. Marketing wasn't really my thing and I couldn't force myself to enjoy the work (I'm 19 so I'm still "figuring it out"). I had to be at the office and out in the sales field from 8 am to 6:30 pm every day I worked. I started slipping behind in my classes, so I had to switch gears and prioritize my time and effort towards my academics. I don't recommend... working part-time because you will not have the same chance to earn as much as a full-time worker in a week (your commission multiplies per sale per week - and yes, at entry level, it's all commission). So, if you have the chance to work full time here, you have no other commitments in your life, and you enjoy marketing, definitely go for it.

Allure Marketing Group2019-02-13

"An actual, non fluffed review of Allure Marketing. Not worth one second of your time."

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Allure Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was great to "work" with people around your own age. Most of them are college grads even though some kid that came out for "training" was still in high school. The office morning meetings were fun but totally unprofessional and completely unnecessary as in everyone could be doing something more worthwhile to get their day started.

Cons

Just about everything. Little compensation after begging people on the streets of NYC for donations no matter the weather. The 2nd "interview" literally entails going out on the field all day with a (using this term very lightly) "corporate trainer" to watch them beg for donations instead of you. After the work days, you'll be asked to go get drinks almost every night to forget how much you hate your job. Eating... cheap fast food during break then right back out to stopping 200 people the next couple of hours. Being on your feet for the entire day. Having to dress business professional when it's not a professionally ran business at all. If you don't hit your goals for the day/week, plan on staying in the field an extra few hours to beg people getting off work to sign up for a monthly donation. This includes going out to work on Saturday to save your job too if needed. It's really not worth your time. Find a fast food/retail place to work at where you will be compensated fairly and not be asked to work more than 40 hours a week.

Advice to Management

It's best to start off on the right foot with your employees. This means being 100% honest about the job title and job description from the beginning. It isn't event coordination or entry level marketing. Everyone is there to get people to sign up for donations by stopping them (call it direct marketing if you would like) and being told no repeatedly until they feel bad enough for you. Give better compensation... and shorten the work day a little. Don't have a 2 to 3 step interview process when you just plan to hire everyone that will show up anyway. You shouldn't threaten people's jobs by not having enough donors sign up when it's hard enough to get your employees to show back up on the second day. Also, quit posting fake reviews to people who actually do look this stuff up. They need real and sincere reviews to get an idea of how you guys actually work.

Allure Marketing Group2017-02-03

"Account Executive"

Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Allure Marketing Group

Pros

Everyone is positive and upbeat there are people who want to genially help you succeed. Lots of room for growth.

Cons

You walk around all day in the blistering heat in office clothes trying to convince people to switch their telecom services. If you don't sell you do not get paid. %90 percent commission and no base salary when you first start out.

Allure Marketing Group2016-07-26

"Not at all clear about the job position, bleak outlook, extremely high turnover rate"

Account Executive

I worked at Allure Marketing Group for less than a year

Pros

Nice people working there (but most were planning on quitting) and the CEO is very friendly

Cons

- no base pay - expected to have a car to drive to businesses or carpool - false expectations of what the job entails: you basically walk around to businesses where no one wants to talk to you to try and sell a product no one wants and can make nothing for days or weeks at a time- not sustainable

Advice to Management

- provide some incentive for employees to stay even if they do not make sales (minimal base pay even) - be more selective in recruiting process

Allure Marketing Group2015-02-11
  7. "Great experience for recent college graduates!"

Former Intern - Account Executive in Lyndhurst, NJ

I worked at Allure Marketing Group for less than a year

Pros

Overall, very rewarding experience. I learned so much about myself, my future goals, my strengths, my weaknesses, and my level of passion towards success. Great experience for those looking to break out of their comfort zone and push themselves for success within the sales and marketing industry. In office: very fun atmosphere, full training provided, personal and work-related goals reviewed every day in order to... keep motivation for employees, employee/team bonding, daily workshops to assist with work performance In the field: work together in teams of 2-5 with fellow employees, you're your own boss in the field, have the whole day to achieve your goals for the day, work in different territories every day to switch up the outside environment, get to meet and talk with hundreds of people on a daily basis.

Cons

For a person who lacks a strong worth ethic, the long hours and commission compensation may not be for you. However, no matter what business or industry you're in you have to put in the hard work in order to see results and achieve your goals!

Advice to Management

Management does a great job of making sure every employee is on track for promotion and that they're comfortable in AMG's work environment. Keep doing a great job of motivating your employees every day, it works!

Allure Marketing Group2014-08-19