Allure Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Allie Anapolsky

Pros
  • I am currently interning and working at Allure is amazing (in 4 reviews)

• When working at Allure it doesn't feel like you are at work because of the fun environment that is so contagious (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Everything is based on commission, long hours, not really worth it unless you're willing to suffer and basically go in debt for a couple months (in 7 reviews)

• It involves walking door to door (outside), which in NJ can be rather unpleasant (in 3 reviews)

"Corporate Trainer"

I have been working at Allure Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive, fun work environment.
    Growth and upward mobility.
    Life experience & personal growth as well as professional.
    Training given.
    Leadership responsibilities given.
    Fun company culture!

Cons

Long hours during training but it becomes manageable over time.

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything!

2. "This is direct sales"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Allure Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None--this company is a scam

Cons

This company posts fifty different job opportunities on recruiting websites--but these advertisements are all for the SAME position: a door-to-door salesman. They don't tell you this until the second part of the interview when they whisk you away to a shady neighborhood and go door to door trying to sell cable packages, pet insurance, etc. Then, they tell you that (though the advertisements claimed to pay a base salary) the job is entirely commission. You aren't paid for transportation, overtime, or for the hour long, rowdy "training" sessions that are REQUIRED in the morning and at night. This "job" entails 12 hour days and promises a "path to management". Don't fall for it. Simply do a Google search for "credico" (their parent company) and you will find all sorts of scam and fraud reports.

Advice to Management

Be honest and ethical

"Allure Marketing Review"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Allure Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Allure Marketing offers flexible training schedules and excellent training opportunities. There is always room to grow. I love the people I work with, and management I cannot complain about them either. As with any sales job, you have got to put forth the effort to reap the benefits.

Cons

office is a bit cold sometimes but other than that I cannot think of any

"Business Review"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Allure Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here at Allure Marketing for less than a year now. This is a great company, it is super fun and energetic! The pay is very competitive which is great and management is nothing short of amazing. They never fail to show you attention and acknowledgement on your accomplishments and work done.

Cons

The only con would be not being able to handle the fast paced enviornment.

"Headed in the Right Direction"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Allure Marketing Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was sad to have to leave Allure Marketing, but that is what comes along with the commitment of serving your country. I was happy to work here for over a year, my opinion is that the owners are really committed to making Allure a great place. They are tireless in their pursuits of new business adventures, always creating new employee programs, and I see a bright future here and I am excited to have been apart of it.

Cons

Its a marketing company that wants to deliver great service to its clients, sometimes that comes with stress and longer hours, however it pays off.

"SCAM"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Event Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Allure Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros at all, the company is a complete scam and it's a run down office building
    They force you to go door to door and beg

Cons

It is a complete scam, they're Abusive and force you to go door to door
    They are mean and rude

Advice to Management

Shut down this " business"

"An actual, non fluffed review of Allure Marketing. Not worth one second of your time."

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Allure Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was great to "work" with people around your own age. Most of them are college grads even though some kid that came out for "training" was still in high school. The office morning meetings were fun but totally unprofessional and completely unnecessary as in everyone could be doing something more worthwhile to get their day started.

Cons

Just about everything. Little compensation after begging people on the streets of NYC for donations no matter the weather. The 2nd "interview" literally entails going out on the field all day with a (using this term very lightly) "corporate trainer" to watch them beg for donations instead of you. After the work days, you'll be asked to go get drinks almost every night to forget how much you hate your job. Eating cheap fast food during break then right back out to stopping 200 people the next couple of hours. Being on your feet for the entire day. Having to dress business professional when it's not a professionally ran business at all. If you don't hit your goals for the day/week, plan on staying in the field an extra few hours to beg people getting off work to sign up for a monthly donation. This includes going out to work on Saturday to save your job too if needed. It's really not worth your time. Find a fast food/retail place to work at where you will be compensated fairly and not be asked to work more than 40 hours a week.

Advice to Management

It's best to start off on the right foot with your employees. This means being 100% honest about the job title and job description from the beginning. It isn't event coordination or entry level marketing. Everyone is there to get people to sign up for donations by stopping them (call it direct marketing if you would like) and being told no repeatedly until they feel bad enough for you. Give better compensation and shorten the work day a little. Don't have a 2 to 3 step interview process when you just plan to hire everyone that will show up anyway. You shouldn't threaten people's jobs by not having enough donors sign up when it's hard enough to get your employees to show back up on the second day. Also, quit posting fake reviews to people who actually do look this stuff up. They need real and sincere reviews to get an idea of how you guys actually work.

"Best Experience Ever"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

Pros

Working at Allure I had the opportunity to first and foremost curate dormant talents within my self, formalize strong relationships and secure a prosperous future. With the help of my awesome leader Sydney, CTs Miguel, Shannon, Kofi and countless others I was able to become someone I didn't even dream off. A woman well articulated, strong, personable and above all, determined. The principles of the office "Student mentality, positive attitude and work ethic" have not only been principles for me, but have become a lifestyle. Likewise, every single principle I have learned in the office have become part of my everyday life. I truly enjoyed every moment being here. You honestly get out, what you put in, you are truly your own boss.

Cons

I have no cons pertaining to this group, everything is honestly what you put in.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing.

"Corporate trainer"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at Allure Marketing Group (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm from France and I come in New York just to make same experiences in my marketing skills at the beginning. Going in this company was the biggest opportunity that I have never had in my career!
    The career opportunities is just amazing, if you are a hard-worker, a big dreamer, and have a big goals, this company it's for you.
    Allie give to us a opportunity to grow to trainee until a real manager and open your own office.
    I proud to be part of this company, she change my professional career and also my personal life!

Cons

I don't have any cons about this company.

"Awsome! !"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

Pros

100% promotion from within, your able to grow as fast as you decide, no seniority and a lots of fun!!

Cons

Music in the atmosphere, but what is there to complain about I LOVE MUSIC!

Advice to Management

It's a great opportunity your providing for pepole from all walks of life and u also gave me the same opportunity to do so. Great job!