Almost Family Reviews | Glassdoor

Almost Family Reviews

Updated July 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • High integrity home health provider (in 8 reviews)

• Excellent company with high ethical standards for patient care and employment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't show much consideration for the concerns or needs of the average employees (in 16 reviews)

• Poor management, ridiculously high turnover, very high quota, company is constantly cutting the pay rate for visits (in 10 reviews)

"Vision and Mission-Driven Organization"

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a genuine care for serving the elderly...day in and day out, employees strive to live out the company mission of "Making Lives Better Through Home Care." This is seen in almost every department.

Cons

Not necessarily a negative thing to all people, but people who do not embrace and thrive amidst change, will struggle to find a cultural fit.

Advice to Management

Continue to reinforce the company mission, vision, and values through story-telling.

2. "Excellent experience working with both clinical teams, office, and upper management."

Current Employee - Clinical Operations in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Operations in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Almost Family has best work environment. Upper management listens to recommendations. Company now will be on point of care electronic system. Improving benefits and PTO structure. Constant reinforcement for clinical excellence and educational opportunities.

Cons

None to report at this time. Possibly improvement with communication for all levels of management. More timely responses from corporate service departments. Otherwise very pleasant experience.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace employee recognition and incentivize when appropriate

"Great Company"

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing with lots of Opportunity

Cons

Typical growing pains in a corporation

Dec 21, 2016 – Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your work in helping drive the positive culture at Almost Family!

4. "Growing company - lots of changes recently"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

Pros

Growing company, healthcare, acquisition-based. Company has invested time and money to transition entire VN segment to electronic Point of Care system in 2017 (HCHB). Company has also implemented annual employee surveys to gauge the needs/wants/culture of the employees and the offices. Company on the rise, for sure. Been here 8 years and will continue on!

Cons

Health insurance cost is higher than many places

Advice to Management

Keep progressing when it comes to employee appreciation and benefits. Listen to the survey results, be open to change as the company grows.

Dec 21, 2016 – Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback. It sounds like you have seen the growth and evolution of our community over the years, and we thank you for your dedication.

"Case manager"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Northern, KY
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Northern, KY

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a flexible schedule and I am able to complete my job duties within scheduled time frame.

Cons

On call in for 7 days and nights when I am on call.

Advice to Management

I think one call should be broken into weekend and during the week to allow staff time for a day off or a couple days off.

Feb 13, 2017 – Manager of Recruiting

To Case Manager: Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! We appreciate your dedication to our patients, especially during the times you are on call. It is employees like yourself, that help... More

6. "HHA"

Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Maumee, OH
    Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Maumee, OH

I have been working at Almost Family part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to work when you want your able to.

Cons

That you don't get paid when your off sick or vacation

Jun 13, 2017 – Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for your review and commitment to the company!!

"Director"

I have been working at Almost Family full-time

Pros

I really enjoy working for Almost Family. They are one of the few companies I have worked for that really tries to do the right thing all the time for clients, even if it is not the most cost efficient.

Cons

I have none at this time

Feb 24, 2017 – Manager of Recruiting

To Anonymous Employee: Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to hear you enjoy working at Almost Family!!

"Patient is the first priority"

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company obviously cares about the patient first! I've sat in many meetings where senior leadership brings back the focus to the patient when resolving issues. For a nurse, this is refreshing as many businesses seem to have forgotten about the true reason for what we do.

Cons

Pay could always be better

Feb 24, 2017 – Manager of Recruiting

To Current Employee: I could not agree with your headline more!! Our patients are our first priority and our 5-star ratings and patient satisfaction surveys are higher than ever. Thank you for your... More

9. "Anonymous"

Pros

Almost Family has a strong commitment to their employees and patients. They promote integrity and ethics at all times. Management is responsive and supportive.

Cons

Need to continue to work on improving their technology. Orientation could be better, provide more structure to the on boarding experience.

Feb 24, 2017 – Manager of Recruiting

To Anonymous Employee: Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and an awesome review! Almost Family agrees that we need to continue to work on technology and I think you will continue to... More

"Corporate employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast-growing company with job security. The management and staff are very patient-focused and dedicated to providing excellent care to our seniors. But mostly, the great working environment is a huge plus. Management and employees are warm, helpful and friendly, always eager to assist our patients and support fellow coworkers. There are even fun corporate events planned throughout the year, in which some even include bringing the family! If you like helping others and enjoy a challenging job offering opportunities for self-growth, then you may want to consider coming aboard. When you're here, you're family!

Cons

Technology. However, improvements are continually being made in this area!

Mar 3, 2017 – Manager of Recruiting

To Current Employee: Thank you for sharing your positive experience and for your dedication to the company!! We always appreciate feedback and it's great to know that you enjoy working at Almost... More