Almost Family Reviews | Glassdoor

Almost Family Reviews

Updated February 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexible schedule is all there is (in 5 reviews)

• I worked with some great people and miss them all (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't show much consideration for the concerns or needs of the average employees (in 15 reviews)

• Very high turnover, not compensated with market, and no raises given (in 10 reviews)

"DPS"

I worked at Almost Family full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of work, straightforward policy and procedure, family atmosphere in most local offices but not at corporate level. Tells you what they think you want to hear.

Cons

AFam buys smaller HHAs to dismantle and discredit. After that is done they came in and clean management out. Incredible lack of caring to the person. Then they try to prevent you from seeing your friends that work there and tell them not to talk to you. Amazing loyalty (not) to the employee. Money is their greatest concern not for the employee...ever.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach...do unto others as you would have them do into you.

"Worst job experience ever!"

Current Employee - Overworked in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Overworked in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are really no pros to working for this company unless you are looking to work like a slave six days a week.

Cons

The company has no values, the employees are not valued and the patients are definitely not valued. There is no consistency in the workplace and everyone is their own boss. As for personal growth, there is NONE.

Advice to Management

The company needs real people who care about the actual patients. All management is worried about is how many patients are coming on service and how much money they can get from the case. NO such thing as Patient Care.

"Horrible"

Pros

There are absolutely no pros for employees or clients of this company

Cons

Horrible management, extremely low pay with no raises, this company will pay top management million dollar bonuses but most employees go 4 to 5 yes without even a cost of living increase, these people are greedy and could care less about their employees or clients

Advice to Management

You can't give advice to greedy people with no conscious

"Senior Advocates not committed to anyone or anything"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH

I have been working at Almost Family (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to maintain a flexible schedule

Cons

NO training: NO supplies: NO recognition: NO positive feedback: NO proper equipment provided; NO appropriate
    client information given to field staff: NO salary increases; NO support for staff by management: Office moral is
    negative. Office management is UNAWARE of company policies. Certainly NO CELEBRATIONS of any kind
    All employees are expected to make this job their sole priority in life, while only working PRN.

Advice to Management

Follow your own policies and procedures
    Compensate your employees at a fair wage.

"OMG HORRIBLE COMPANY"

Former Employee - CNA in Edgewood, KY
    Former Employee - CNA in Edgewood, KY

Pros

Not a thing!!!! Awful company to work for.

Cons

I was hired to work for this company in Kentucky, went out to my clients home to train for ONLY 3 hours and then was left to care for this client for a 9 hour shift,. No additional training was provided, never got paid for my 5 hour orientation and was never paid for working my 9 hour shift. I was threatened by my supervisor and yelled at multiple times by management.

"Careful working here"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent clinicians who really care about the patients

Cons

The favoritism is rampant. If you are new coming in you are not treated like the core group who have been there for years.

Advice to Management

Don't hire new people if you have no interest in working w/ them.

"clinical team assistant"

I worked at Almost Family full-time

Pros

I liked a few people that worked there maybe one or two higher ups, because they spoke English and I didn't feel like whenever they were talking it was a big secret.

Cons

I was one of the only English speaking office staff which made it difficult to build office relationships. Plus they hired me on from a permanent job then laid me off 4 months later when the slow season hit. The training was sub standard at best. Everyone was too busy to train yet I get laid off because it's slow season? I kept to myself a lot because it was difficult to build relationships,with people that don't include yiu, like your not part of a team because your new. I really disliked going to work and would call off time to time trying to find another job, why go to work and be miserable? I also had to call off because I was truly sick but either way it was like a death sentence to go to work and sit there with nothing to do because the training was basically a handbook with instructions with new acronyms I wasn't aware of. Ask for help and no one had the time to help. Then there was animosity between the Trainer and another girl whom seemed to knkw her stuff and she too felt like all the knowledge was being held secret so that the person with the knowledge had job security.

Advice to Management

Include all of your employees, be honest with them. Make English the primary language in the office. If you don't have the time in that office to train a person properly send them to another office thst does have someone to do that. Also don't go asking for $20 donations towards birthdays and when ofd man's out birthday rolls in only drop like $10 or re gift a Christmas present. And three days after laying off a person if someone quits call the laid off person back rather than have them find the add in the paper so then they call and get told they are welcome to interview for the old position again. If you had a problem with that person staying to themselves take a look around and figure out why. I have seen the same position advertised over and over again for the last year, find a way to keep your employees happy no one wants to go to work miserable.

"no support"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than a year)

Pros

let me think about it

Cons

where to begin, medicare hungry (only referral that counts towards bonus)- no sales leadership in home office- training minimal- always behind in getting materials for marketing- a you figure it out attitude- all about big bonuses for Sr. Leadership and CEO but rarely for field staff - BIG talk LITTLE action- slow to refund expenses and all by paper and mailing etc.. weeks and weeks of waiting for refunds- NO raises for field but BIG raises for CEO and VPs

Advice to Management

treat your people better. why do you think turnover is SO HIGH? Joke!

"Worst Company & Worst Employment Experience"

Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Wethersfield, CT
    Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Wethersfield, CT

I worked at Almost Family full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a blessed thing positive with this organization

Cons

Patient Care in CT was taken over by Almost Family based in Kentucky. The culture of this organization is TOXIC and unethical. Management style is command and control and employees sit eggshells waiting to see if they or someone else is getting fired today. Bad decisions at the corporate level are blamed on at the branch level. The company is a revolving door and staff doesn't stay long--- they quit or get fired. They can't hire field clinicians except for overseas trained travel placements. STAY AWAY!

Advice to Management

You should just fold in CT

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Some nice people, a few great clinicians

Cons

Hostile, toxic environment. No support for middle management. Sneaky upper management, fraudulent behavior all around. Focused on numbers, not patients. no one is held accountable for their actions. The clinicians with problem behavior continue to be rewarded while the good clinicians go un-noticed. No orientation or educational support.

Advice to Management

listen to middle management. focus on patient care. learn to manage clinicans, managers need to step up and be in control