Almost Family Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 15, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • upper management lacked experience to make key decisions (in 17 reviews)

• Very high turnover, not compensated with market, and no raises given (in 12 reviews)

"Worst Company & Worst Employment Experience"

Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Wethersfield, CT
    Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Wethersfield, CT

I worked at Almost Family full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a blessed thing positive with this organization

Cons

Patient Care in CT was taken over by Almost Family based in Kentucky. The culture of this organization is TOXIC and unethical. Management style is command and control and employees sit eggshells waiting to see if they or someone else is getting fired today. Bad decisions at the corporate level are blamed on at the branch level. The company is a revolving door and staff doesn't stay long--- they quit or get fired. They can't hire field clinicians except for overseas trained travel placements. STAY AWAY!

Advice to Management

You should just fold in CT

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Some nice people, a few great clinicians

Cons

Hostile, toxic environment. No support for middle management. Sneaky upper management, fraudulent behavior all around. Focused on numbers, not patients. no one is held accountable for their actions. The clinicians with problem behavior continue to be rewarded while the good clinicians go un-noticed. No orientation or educational support.

Advice to Management

listen to middle management. focus on patient care. learn to manage clinicans, managers need to step up and be in control

"I have to come up with pros?"

Former Employee - PCC in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - PCC in Memphis, TN

I worked at Almost Family full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As I said...though the people, most of them, seemed nice enough. Management loves to make wonderful promises to keep you going. Now to the cons.

Cons

Those promises will never be kept. You will be yelled at and spoken to like a stray dog by employees from other states that you've never even met and management will approve--even support-- this behavior. You will have little to no training. You will be talked about constantly behind your back but complimented to your face (I worked in the office, trust me on this). HIGH turnover rate!! I've never worked at a company where so many people go to "lunch" and then just never return until after hours to get their belongings. VERY low pay and no raises (though management will keep your hopes high for one until you realize they're lying). I could go on and on....most unprofessional and disorganized company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Close the Memphis branch. It's hopeless at this point. Stop making meaningless promises to your employees, this isn't politics. Train your employees. Stop the favoritism. Stop allowing middle management to verbally abuse and embarrass other employees; we're all adults and this is very unprofessional. Take some of these things to heart and you may be able to keep new employees for longer than a month.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Almost Family (Less than a year)

Pros

Not any here to mention.

Cons

Disorganized management that is detached from their workforce, no sense of value and only out for the Medicare $. No sense of fair play or working with employee to better themselves or work together to achieve greater results, stay away from this company.

Advice to Management

Take classes in management and ethics.

"Management"

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Louisville-Jefferson County, KY
    Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Louisville-Jefferson County, KY

Pros

None, none, none, none, none.

Cons

Worst company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Change your executive management or sell the corporation.

Almost Family Response

Dec 4, 2015 – Director, Recruitment

To this anonymous Clinical Manager~

We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied in your position with us. If there are issues that you are currently facing that should be addressed, we can only... More

"Run Away!!!"

I have been working at Almost Family (More than 3 years)

Pros

A job. Sorry, but that's the sum total of it. If your lucky your coworkers will be your only source of satisfaction.

Cons

Abuse of salaried employees with expectations of extra hours and no appreciation for hard workers. Pay per visit employees spend hours every night to chart because productivity expectations are very high. High turnover - if they offer a great sounding position you better do your due diligence & find out why the previous 3 people left in less than a year. No EMR, all on paper! The home health industry is bad, but this is the worst of the worse.
    My advice, stay out of home health, but definitely avoid Almost Disfuntional-Family.

Advice to Management

Be honest & stop prentending to care about patients & employees. Shareholders are the only consideration you have.

Almost Family Response

Dec 4, 2015 – Director, Recruitment

To this anonymous employee ~

We are sorry to hear that you are so unsatisfied in your position with us. If there are issues that you are currently facing that should be addressed, we can only know... More

7. "LPN"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Hanoverton, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Hanoverton, OH

I worked at Almost Family (More than a year)

Pros

You can make your own schedule.

Cons

The management needed some improving.

Advice to Management

Encounter better management,.

"Account Executive"

I worked at Almost Family full-time

Pros

Autonomy in the field, great referral sources with which to connect. Peers in some cases are more than willing to share their wealth of knowledge about the industry. Sales training is far superior to most I have experienced. Hospitality during training was stellar. Upper level management is supportive and helpful.

Cons

No support from local management. Territory assigned was unproductive and impossible to penetrate. Peers in some cases would sabotage sales efforts for some in order to get the staff needed to service clients. Bottom line more important than caring for patients.

Advice to Management

Be more available, honest, consistent and equitable with assignments.

"Therapy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

I worked at Almost Family (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent and that's the only decent thing about the place.

Cons

My experience with Almost Family/Mederi was like being in high school all over again. Management was absolutely horrific.

"Care transition nurse"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Almost Family full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having flexibility , out of the office, helping to take care of patients when there was enough physical and occupational therapists, nursing staff.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, always short staffed. High employee turn over. Benefits are terrible, very expensive , never get a raise. Bonuses are a joke. Run from this company!!!!

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees !!