Aloha Construction Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2018

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I was a full time crewman at Aloha and sadly had to leave IL"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Aloha Construction full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm leaving IL soon so I had to leave my Aloha Construction post in Lake Zurich as well. I'd like to add that I had a good time working as a crewman with Aloha's crew for almost a year now. I was well respected, my opinion within the crew was noticed at the very least. All you have to do is basically your job. The management is apparently very confident with the crews because there isn't much back and forth between the two. The job reports and contract work of course, but there were absolutely no hickups in the year I worked for Aloha Construction

Cons

Really can't think of any right now, guess I wish the parking lot was bigger... But that's it.

Advice to Management

Love what you're doing with the company, wish I could stay here to see where you go :) Keep it up!

2. "Good overall experience as a crewman"

Former Employee - Part Time Crew Member in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Part Time Crew Member in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Aloha Construction full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to talk with and look at your options. Reasonable management and skilled crew. In my opinion, a hard-working professional doesn't need more than that.

Also:

- good pay and bonus opportunity
    - good hours, nothing too demanding
    - refreshing organizational skills (management and crews)
    - lots of work, no hassle

Cons

- would appreciate better parking

3. "I've been with Aloha Construction for three years now, manager in LZ"

Current Employee - Crew Leader in Lake Zurich, IL
    Current Employee - Crew Leader in Lake Zurich, IL

I have been working at Aloha Construction full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm a manager in Lake Zurich for Aloha Construction and lead my own crew and I'm usually the one that sorts out the paperwork and has clients sign agreements. Once I started back in 2015 my first "pro" for this company was the fact that the people we serve in LZ are very forthcoming to us as a company and already had a sort of trustworthiness towards the management and the workers. This was a sign for me that I'm in a good company.

Later Aloha Construction got more involved in philantrophy efforts which I fully supported and of course took part it. This was naturally received very well by the community and was one more reason why people (incl. employees) love Aloha.

Other things I can mention...Hmmm, the top management know what they're doing, and they never force big changes on us or basically make any huge decision relating to the direction of the company without first at least letting us (managers) know, if not even consult with us!

What else...The compensation is solid in relation to my years of experience and when you take all the other benefits into consideration!

New crew members are welcomed, respected and showed the ropes without much hassle. All crews are basically made out of hard working people who want to get the job done on time without distraction or any hickups.

Cons

I'd like more time off but during season it's natural the CEO wants everyone on its toes and getting the job done (I would've done the same in their shoes)

Advice to Management

Consider offering specific internship programs to young wanna-be construction workers who haven't yet decided on a career of interest or haven't moved out for uni.

4. "Larger company, lack of leadership"

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Aloha Construction full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the bigger and more proficient companies in the business. You get draw weekly as long as you sign 1-2 people up.

Cons

The list is endless. Poor management, managers are unable to create more positive workforce. Business should be based strictly on leads after a certain area is scaled. They are not very clear with you on your percentage. What I mean by that is they make it seem like you are going to make a lot more money then you actually will. Be prepared to work 70 plus hours in order to be successful.

Advice to Management

Learn more effective ways to organize and manage the time of the individuals out there walking day to day. Also starting at 9am is pointless. Should be a 2-10 job.