Aloha Hospitality Professionals Reviews

Aloha Hospitality Professionals Founder Kathleen Lin-Hurtubise
Kathleen Lin-Hurtubise
  1. "Aloha is the Best!"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aloha Hospitality Professionals part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good pay -Amazing team -Fun events -Knowledgeable team

Cons

There really is none!

Aloha Hospitality Professionals2020-03-06
  2. "Not enough "Aloha" or "Hospitality" to employees to make up for poor treatment"

1.0
    Former Employee - Hospitality Professional in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Aloha Hospitality Professionals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Getting to see places around the island, great coworkers

Cons

Owner/CEO Don't be fooled by the reviews from people who have worked under a year. It seemed great at first until I got more hours in. The toxic work environment hasn't gone away, despite what their public responses say. Company attracts great (and not so great) talent who are fun to work with until they get fed up with the environment and leave. The most reliable employees are usually the most overworked, most under-appreciated, and the ones most likely to get burned out first. That's why a lot of recent responses come from the owner and not an actual staff member. Kat (the owner) seems hospitable and smiley if you barely know her and meet her in a low stress situation. Her negativity comes out more as you put in more hours with her. She hardly takes "no" for an answer to the detriment of the staff and company. Even with the team overworked and her requests are impractical, not possible, or inconsiderate to someone's situation. People in the office don't last long. They're especially stressed with the owner breathing down their neck. They try their best to develop relationships with everyone in the field (servers, bartenders, etc) and shield them from Kat, but it's hard when both field and office staff keep leaving. Hardly anyone stays past two years and if they do, they don't work in the office, only work the bare minimum, and they have other things going on. It's mostly talk and appearances. Not much to back up the promises confidently. If you have really thick skin or don't work directly with Kat, you might be able to last. Remember these things when you read the other reviews.

Aloha Hospitality Professionals2020-05-22

Aloha Hospitality Professionals Response

May 24, 2020Owner

First, thank you for your feedback. Without feedback it is impossible to improve. I do wish you had connected with me about your feelings of overwhelm and overwork. I strive to be straightforward and honest with the team and strongly encourage team members to address issues with me head-on. Issues get resolved quickly when addressed directly. My management style is to give team members opportunities and allow them to discover the best way to create excellent results. When the results are good, the team member often feels elated. However, when things don’t work out well and adjustments need to be made, the same team member may feel overworked or unappreciated. AHP is a start-up, entrepreneurial environment. For those who like to be build something from the ground up in a collaborative, learn and grow way, it’s exciting. For those who don’t thrive in this environment the experience can be frustrating and dissatisfying. AHPis a fast-paced, high-expectation environment. We have had full-time and on-call team members us with for 5 or more years. These team members may move back to the mainland or move on to other careers. AHP is not for everyone and, sometimes, team members quickly find AHP is not for them. For each person who joins our team for 5 days or 5 years, I am grateful. What we do is not for the faint of heart. It takes hard work, flexibility, and humbleness. At times hiccups happen. We regroup, discover a better way forward, make necessary adjustments and move forward. As Colin Powell said, “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” When Covid-19 hit Hawaii, I am proud that we were able to offer opportunities for our full time and on-call team members. When other companies were furloughing their employees, AHP found a way to keep its full-time staff employed and provided its on-call team members with continued work opportunities. I am not perfect for sure; however, I do work to come from an authentic, honest place. If we allow our mission, which is to serve people, lead us, we will do good work and feel good about our contributions. I truly wish you the very best as you embark on another journey. I am sure you will find the best work environment that fits you.

"Beautiful pitch/ unrealistic expectations/poor experience"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Aloha Hospitality Professionals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Alluring promises embracing new ideas.

Cons

Micromanaging CEO with inflated ego with zero knowledge on how to do everyday basic office skills. The claim is high paced as a good thing, which it is, however what this means to the owner is 24/7 availability and work. Phone calls on Xmas morning is not unheard of. Abrasive and berating atmosphere. Employees are afraid to speak up. Shouting matches among executives are a regular. The list goes on. Extremely toxic work environment and if you suggest HR, you’re fired.

Aloha Hospitality Professionals2020-04-24

Aloha Hospitality Professionals Response

May 24, 2020Owner

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We only improve with feedback and suggestions. I’d like to share a few comments in the spirit of transparency and understanding: • My management style is to give the team opportunities to make connections and hit goals through hard work and creativity. If goals are not being met, management does jump in to brainstorm and strategize with a team member, not to micromanage. • As a hospitality staffing company, we have many events on and around the holidays. We work to give our full-time staff flexibility when they will take paid holiday time off. For example, if you end up working a holiday you can take off another day the following week. • Robust debate is a healthy way to tease out issues and get to solutions All teams go through conflict and if team members lack trust they will not engage in debate. We work to cultivate an environment that is trusting, honest and authentic; therefore, we encourage team members to share and debate their ideas so collectively we can distill the best solutions. • As a staffing company, Human Resources is a key component for all team members. We have a proactive approach to HR. When issues arise HR gets involved right away to help a team member navigate understanding and proper protocol. Each team member has direct access to our HR council. I wish you the very best in your career. I am sure you will find the work environment that best fits you.

4. "Wonderful company to work for!"

Current Employee - Captain, Server in Makena, HI

Pros

Flexible schedule, fun events, and great team to work with!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons yet!

Aloha Hospitality Professionals2019-11-30
  5. "Flexible Schedule, Good Opportunity for Advancement, Informative, Professional"

Current Employee - Hospitality Professional in Honolulu, HI

Pros

Flexible schedule. Ability to pick/choose location. Great pay. Outstanding administrative app. Informative communication along with training. Convienant online meetings.

Cons

Outside locations can be hot in long sleeve & tie.

6. "Amazing company"

I have been working at Aloha Hospitality Professionals part-time

Pros

This is a great job for anyone needing schedule flexibility. No experience needed, they will train you. Work environment is fun with exciting venues.

Cons

No cons to list for this company. Great company to work for

7. "Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Aloha Hospitality Professionals part-time

Pros

This job is great for those who are looking for a part time gig that is flexible with your current work schedule. There is opportunities to grow and learn new skills Great for those looking to break into the industry and need job experience and training. Highly suggest for those looking for a part time job while going to school, raising kids, or just for supplemental income.

Cons

It is a part time job, not a full time job.

8. "Flexible work"

Current Employee - Hospitality Professional in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Aloha Hospitality Professionals part-time for more than a year

Pros

Cooperative work in a great environment. Flexible scheduling. Opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Part time positions most available.

Aloha Hospitality Professionals2019-11-04
  9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Server/Captain In Training in Mililani, HI

Pros

Flexible schedule, nice place to met friends, very puntual with the payment checks.

Cons

Part-time job and super flexible

Aloha Hospitality Professionals2019-11-04
  10. "Working Shifts on your availability"

4.0
    Current Employee - Hospitality in Honolulu, HI

Pros

Ability to pick and choose shifts that work for your life and needs.

Cons

Shift are taken very quickly on Nowsta

Found 48 reviews