Aloha Hospitality Professionals Reviews

Updated Mar 6, 2021

4.3
Aloha Hospitality Professionals Founder Kathleen Lin-Hurtubise
Kathleen Lin-Hurtubise
Pros
  • "Gourmet Events Hawaii is an amazing company(in 5 reviews)

• "Get to work at unique locations and venues while meeting new people(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lack of hours, and paid vacations for part-time work(in 5 reviews)

• "lack of hours(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Superb

Mar 6, 2021 - Delivery Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working at Aloha Hospitality Professionals because the staff and management are friendly, helpful, easy to get along with, and very professional! It's a fun and rewarding job to service customers islandwide by delivering food to their homes and businesses!

Cons

I honestly cant think of anything!

2. 5.0

Great Part-time Job

Feb 3, 2021 - Delivery Driver in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great part-time job for those who need a flexible schedule. Jobs are usually fast and come with good amount of tips. Upper management is understanding of situations.

Cons

Drive far distances with no reimbursement of miles, Job pay varies greatly depending route and business delivering for

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cool Place to Work !

Jan 25, 2021 - Hospitality Professional in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible schedule - Great coworkers and fun work environment - Give opportunities to a different kind of jobs - Going to very cool venues

Cons

- Schedule not fix - Sometimes instruction is not clear on the field - Location could be hard to access for events or sometimes they don't validate parking

4. 5.0

Current Intern

Jan 20, 2021 - Staffing Intern in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am currently interning with Aloha Hospitality Professionals and it has been nothing but a positive experience. They do an amazing job of hiring the right candidates for the job best fit.

Cons

No cons, very professional and good company.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fake reviews forced upon you

Dec 10, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great for a lil extra cash

Cons

Everything else .. the owner Kat is as fake as most of these reviews. She is an ex political strategist and everything that comes out of her mouth is for show and nothing is real. The turn over rate especially in management speaks for itself.

1 person found this review helpful

Owner

Thank you for sharing feedback. We work diligently to provide gig and temp opportunities to our team members and are grateful for the authentic feedback they provided. Since COVID we have pivoted and our team members have adjusted to these changes. They are now being placed in administrative, back office positions, warehouse and other light industrial jobs as well as hospitality gigs. Our team always strives to demonstrate the company's 10 Golden Rules of Aloha. Sometimes we miss the mark. However, we dust ourselves off and get right back up. We wish you well.

6. 5.0

Driver

Jun 17, 2020 - Delivery Driver in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice people working together to help the community with local produce!

Cons

Nothing with compony just the roads

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not enough "Aloha" or "Hospitality" to employees to make up for poor treatment

May 22, 2020 - Hospitality Professional in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Getting to see places around the island, great coworkers

Cons

Owner/CEO Don't be fooled by the reviews from people who have worked under a year. It seemed great at first until I got more hours in. The toxic work environment hasn't gone away, despite what their public responses say. Company attracts great (and not so great) talent who are fun to work with until they get fed up with the environment and leave. The most reliable employees are usually the most overworked, most under-appreciated, and the ones most likely to get burned out first. That's why a lot of recent responses come from the owner and not an actual staff member. Kat (the owner) seems hospitable and smiley if you barely know her and meet her in a low stress situation. Her negativity comes out more as you put in more hours with her. She hardly takes "no" for an answer to the detriment of the staff and company. Even with the team overworked and her requests are impractical, not possible, or inconsiderate to someone's situation. People in the office don't last long. They're especially stressed with the owner breathing down their neck. They try their best to develop relationships with everyone in the field (servers, bartenders, etc) and shield them from Kat, but it's hard when both field and office staff keep leaving. Hardly anyone stays past two years and if they do, they don't work in the office, only work the bare minimum, and they have other things going on. It's mostly talk and appearances. Not much to back up the promises confidently. If you have really thick skin or don't work directly with Kat, you might be able to last. Remember these things when you read the other reviews.

3 people found this review helpful

Owner

First, thank you for your feedback. Without feedback it is impossible to improve. I do wish you had connected with me about your feelings of overwhelm and overwork. I strive to be straightforward and honest with the team and strongly encourage team members to address issues with me head-on. Issues get resolved quickly when addressed directly. My management style is to give team members opportunities and allow them to discover the best way to create excellent results. When the results are good, the team member often feels elated. However, when things don’t work out well and adjustments need to be made, the same team member may feel overworked or unappreciated. AHP is a start-up, entrepreneurial environment. For those who like to be build something from the ground up in a collaborative, learn and grow way, it’s exciting. For those who don’t thrive in this environment the experience can be frustrating and dissatisfying. AHPis a fast-paced, high-expectation environment. We have had full-time and on-call team members us with for 5 or more years. These team members may move back to the mainland or move on to other careers. AHP is not for everyone and, sometimes, team members quickly find AHP is not for them. For each person who joins our team for 5 days or 5 years, I am grateful. What we do is not for the faint of heart. It takes hard work, flexibility, and humbleness. At times hiccups happen. We regroup, discover a better way forward, make necessary adjustments and move forward. As Colin Powell said, “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” When Covid-19 hit Hawaii, I am proud that we were able to offer opportunities for our full time and on-call team members. When other companies were furloughing their employees, AHP found a way to keep its full-time staff employed and provided its on-call team members with continued work opportunities. I am not perfect for sure; however, I do work to come from an authentic, honest place. If we allow our mission, which is to serve people, lead us, we will do good work and feel good about our contributions. I truly wish you the very best as you embark on another journey. I am sure you will find the best work environment that fits you.

8. 5.0

Exciting Work, Great People, and Amazing Experiences

Jun 18, 2019 - Hospitality Professional in Wailuku, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

This job takes you all over the island to popular venues, hotels, restaurants, and resorts. It's always different, always fun, and always a great experience. They take great care in training their staff and putting together high quality teams that can meet the various needs of each event. My co-workers have been great to work with and make the time fly by. I especially love getting to see all the venues on the island behind the scenes and places I wouldn't otherwise have seen. Management genuinely cares for the staff and are very supportive. I always feel I can reach them when I need to and know that they will listen to my concerns if I have any. They also recognize hard work and talent in their staff and compensate fairly. I have not been with the company long but feel I will be given the opportunity to move up as those opportunities become available.

Cons

Sometimes you work long hours in the hot sun or late at night but they are very accommodating and flexible if that isn't your thing.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Beautiful pitch/ unrealistic expectations/poor experience

Apr 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Alluring promises embracing new ideas.

Cons

Micromanaging CEO with inflated ego with zero knowledge on how to do everyday basic office skills. The claim is high paced as a good thing, which it is, however what this means to the owner is 24/7 availability and work. Phone calls on Xmas morning is not unheard of. Abrasive and berating atmosphere. Employees are afraid to speak up. Shouting matches among executives are a regular. The list goes on. Extremely toxic work environment and if you suggest HR, you’re fired.

5 people found this review helpful

Owner

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We only improve with feedback and suggestions. I’d like to share a few comments in the spirit of transparency and understanding: • My management style is to give the team opportunities to make connections and hit goals through hard work and creativity. If goals are not being met, management does jump in to brainstorm and strategize with a team member, not to micromanage. • As a hospitality staffing company, we have many events on and around the holidays. We work to give our full-time staff flexibility when they will take paid holiday time off. For example, if you end up working a holiday you can take off another day the following week. • Robust debate is a healthy way to tease out issues and get to solutions All teams go through conflict and if team members lack trust they will not engage in debate. We work to cultivate an environment that is trusting, honest and authentic; therefore, we encourage team members to share and debate their ideas so collectively we can distill the best solutions. • As a staffing company, Human Resources is a key component for all team members. We have a proactive approach to HR. When issues arise HR gets involved right away to help a team member navigate understanding and proper protocol. Each team member has direct access to our HR council. I wish you the very best in your career. I am sure you will find the work environment that best fits you.

10. 5.0

Aloha is the Best!

Mar 5, 2020 - Server/Bartender in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Good pay -Amazing team -Fun events -Knowledgeable team

Cons

There really is none!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Reviews