KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.4
Aloha Hospitality Professionals Founder Kathleen Lin-Hurtubise
Kathleen Lin-Hurtubise

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay(in 4 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedules, provide meals per shift(in 3 reviews)
  • "Perfect part time job for extra money.(in 3 reviews)
  • "The team is great to work with and it is refreshing to be in a place where you feel like a part of the team and can contribute to the success of the company(in 3 reviews)
  • "The Casual Hire is great for people who have a job and want to supplement income.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast Paced Environment - Lot's of Growth Opportunities

Sep 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Ability to work with minimal supervision and micromanagement - Lot's of room for growth - Opportunities for commission and bonuses - Exponential career growth and experience - Basically an accelerator program for career opportunities

Cons

- Environment is not suitable for all personality types - Not a 9-5 clock in/clock out culture - hard to be successful here if you cannot keep up with everyone else

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

AHP

May 16, 2022 - Graduate Student
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedules, provide meals per shift

Cons

have to compete with other coworkers to work for shifts

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The co workers are great, the CEO not so much

Sep 19, 2021 - Event Planner in Honolulu, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The co-workers and staff are great to work with at Gourmet Events and Aloha Hospitality professionals.

Cons

The CEO not so much. Ruling by passive aggressiveness and condescending tones.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company allows room for growth and opportunity

May 7, 2021 - Client Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

LOTS of opportunities are provided to you. Not for the employee that wants a 9-5 M-F only. If you are self-motivated person, looking to accelerate your professionals skills, and enjoy challenges, then you will succeed with this company.

Cons

Environment can quickly change, which is a con to some people.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It's not worth it

Jun 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There aren't many places worse than this after you quit here.

Cons

Don't work here for your first job. Especially if you're young, female, unmarried, without kids, and want to have a life. It still sucks if you're not. Kathleen is able to attract good workers and is just as good at chasing them away. She puts up a happy face until she gets what she wants from you and/or you learn how she really is. Be ready for an emotional roller coaster of getting your hopes up, then having them dashed repeatedly. Very toxic work environment. Several people had to see counselors because of the stressed caused. Kathleen claims to offer good benefits for working at the company, but few are in writing. She guilt-tripped everyone when they did and didn't use them on multiple occasions. She's a member of the "Idea of the month club". Nothing gets set in stone for very long because she plays hot potato with projects when someone is "taking too long". This is already a tough industry and she makes it tougher than it needs to be.

2 people found this review helpful

Aloha Hospitality Professionals Response

Owner

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We strive to learn and grow in our positions and with our Team. While we are sorry to hear your experience was not positive, we do want to share that we highly encourage our team members to use our Open Door policy - reach out to the company management, the direct supervisor, the COO, or the CEO with any concerns. Truly our goal is to listen and to see how we can support members to find solutions and grow. We wish you the very best with your life and career. Be well.

6. 5.0

Superb

Mar 6, 2021 - Delivery Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working at Aloha Hospitality Professionals because the staff and management are friendly, helpful, easy to get along with, and very professional! It's a fun and rewarding job to service customers islandwide by delivering food to their homes and businesses!

Cons

I honestly cant think of anything!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Part-time Job

Feb 3, 2021 - Delivery Driver in Honolulu, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great part-time job for those who need a flexible schedule. Jobs are usually fast and come with good amount of tips. Upper management is understanding of situations.

Cons

Drive far distances with no reimbursement of miles, Job pay varies greatly depending route and business delivering for

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Cool Place to Work !

Jan 25, 2021 - Hospitality Professional in Honolulu, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible schedule - Great coworkers and fun work environment - Give opportunities to a different kind of jobs - Going to very cool venues

Cons

- Schedule not fix - Sometimes instruction is not clear on the field - Location could be hard to access for events or sometimes they don't validate parking

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Current Intern

Jan 20, 2021 - Staffing Intern in Honolulu, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am currently interning with Aloha Hospitality Professionals and it has been nothing but a positive experience. They do an amazing job of hiring the right candidates for the job best fit.

Cons

No cons, very professional and good company.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fake reviews forced upon you

Dec 10, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Honolulu, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great for a lil extra cash

Cons

Everything else .. the owner Kat is as fake as most of these reviews. She is an ex political strategist and everything that comes out of her mouth is for show and nothing is real. The turn over rate especially in management speaks for itself.

2 people found this review helpful

Aloha Hospitality Professionals Response

Owner

Thank you for sharing feedback. We work diligently to provide gig and temp opportunities to our team members and are grateful for the authentic feedback they provided. Since COVID we have pivoted and our team members have adjusted to these changes. They are now being placed in administrative, back office positions, warehouse and other light industrial jobs as well as hospitality gigs. Our team always strives to demonstrate the company's 10 Golden Rules of Aloha. Sometimes we miss the mark. However, we dust ourselves off and get right back up. We wish you well.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Reviews

Aloha Hospitality Professionals Reviews FAQs

Aloha Hospitality Professionals has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 64 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Aloha Hospitality Professionals to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Aloha Hospitality Professionals employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Aloha Hospitality Professionals. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

80% of Aloha Hospitality Professionals employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Aloha Hospitality Professionals 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Aloha Hospitality Professionals to be compensation, career development, coworkers and the cons to be management, senior leadership, culture.

Popular Careers with Aloha Hospitality Professionals Job Seekers