Alpha EMC Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Kirk Foster

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They will make you drive your own personal vehicle as a field consultant and only comp you for gas and oil changes and only (in 5 reviews)

• High expectations with little to no guidance (in 3 reviews)

1. "THERE ARE WORST JOBS"

Current Employee - Environmental Technician in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Environmental Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Alpha EMC (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for I work in the Jacksonville area and we are very busy up here but I have great team of guys I work with Steven Sams and Jeremy dean are lIke brothers to me.

Cons

Rain reports bring on more work but it's all in a days work

Advice to Management

The work shirts get very dirty hard to get out stains/maybe Chand the color or material it's made of

May 12, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review, we're glad to hear that you like your job and the people you work with. We love our Jacksonville market too. Thanks for the feedback on the shirts as well, we'll keep that... More

2. "One Word Clickish"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I found. Charlotte office made up of boyfriend/girlfriend team. Girlfriend runs the office and is more of a princess than an actual adult.

Cons

Don't make the princess mad, because she will demean you in front of the entire office

Advice to Management

Who will listen

Mar 30, 2017 – HR Manager

We're sorry to hear your negative impression of office personnel in the Charlotte area. Alpha EMC in no way condones demeaning behavior and management would absolutely take it very seriously if ever... More

"Great startup position but not sustainable long term"

Former Employee - Environmental Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Environmental Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Own boss - make own schedule

Cons

You will beat up your personal car and get lousy reimbursement for the mileage driven. I drove over 40K in 8 months and got 100 bucks a month for the car.

Advice to Management

Look into field vehicles.

Jan 19, 2017 – HR Manager

We always strive to make the company better in a sustainable way. It does seem that the information you are providing is out of date. The Environmental Analyst position has not been a title at Alpha... More

"Good Managers, Sketchy Everything Else"

Former Employee - Field Quality Manager in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Field Quality Manager in Durham, NC

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The managers are really cool guys who truly appreciate their employees and tries hard to get this company on track. When the work is done, it is done. There's no time wasted.

Cons

The pay is very low and questionable. Also, there were no permanent workers so different people were trained daily. This slowed down the work flow at times. The company charges it's employees for many tools and equipment. Information for the day was bit delivered to the proper individuals.

Advice to Management

Those with more extensive backgrounds should be paid accordingly. Hire more permanent workers. Communication with the FQMs should not be given by workers.

Nov 2, 2016 – HR Manager

We are glad to hear that you liked the managers in the area where you worked. We would like to clear a few things up about the rest of this review. Pay rates are offered to employees prior to them... More

5. "Great company to learn, grow and have an impact"

Current Employee - South Carolina in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - South Carolina in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Alpha EMC (More than a year)

Pros

Gives challenges
    Positive young company
    Privately owned company (i think is a pro!)
    Family friendly atmosphere
    Opportunity to grow
    Benefits
    401k
    Reimbursement program
    Vehicle and gas stipend program
    Travel opportunities
    Competitive salary
    Always learning on the job
    Management and HR always show appreciation

Cons

Clients can be difficult (expected in every buisness)
    Stress comes and goes depending on the position
    Not maternity leave for most locations
    Hours can get long for salary/management positions

Advice to Management

Keep on being positive and showing appreciation! Graditude is what keeps the "train" moving and will bring out the best in the employees. Knowing they are doing well and where they can improve (in a positive manner) will always get rid of the "squeaky" wheel.

6. "Great work place"

Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good compensation
    Great management style
    Great opportunity for growth (promoted in under a year.
    You really get what you put into it, put in hard work take criticism in a positive way to grow and you get to grow with the company!

Cons

Management style is laid back. (Positive for me but could be negative for most.)
    Time lines for work needed to be completed can be extremely tight depending on weather.

Advice to Management

Communication with satelite markets could use a little work.

7. "Possibilities to grow are endless...."

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time

Pros

Flexible work hrs, friendly hard working staff, excellent benefit packages, competitive salary, daily changing out of office environment, vast client base, on job training, and opportunity for advancement.

Cons

The only "Cons" that come to mind are normal with a company that is growing so fast. The normal struggle of getting to the next step in business in an ever changing environment has its difficulties that every company endures.

Advice to Management

I have been with AlphaEMC for several years and started at the bottom and worked my way up. I have done just about every position so I can bring an honest perspective. I am proud to be a part of a company that supports and takes pride in their employees. If you are a person who is passionate, hard working, loyal, honest, and enjoys working outdoors for a wonderful company growing like wild fire then this is the home for you. AlphaEMC is a place where the "possibilities are endless" for employees that have the drive and ambition to succeed and grow professionally.

"Don't get sucked into their sales pitch"

Former Employee - Storm Water Field Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Storm Water Field Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Alpha EMC full-time

Pros

Easy interviews and quick to respond to calls and applications because they're desperate to hire as turnover is incredibly high and inevitable with this company.

Cons

Shady and unethical business model. Lack of transparency of company policies. Cutting corners to save money and scam their employees. Save yourself the time and effort and mileage on your car and apply to their competitors.

Advice to Management

Be transparent about all policies. Tell us upfront that you will not cover the Pennsylvania IRS business standard of compensating for 58.5 cents per mile when you are using your own vehicle for work. Tell us upfront that any damage done to our car on a site and any increased amount to our car insurance premium will not be compensated. Be upfront that we may be charged for using the company provided laptop, phone, and printer. Be upfront that asking for a salary increase will result in termination.

"Great company to grow with!"

I have been working at Alpha EMC full-time

Pros

Independent, flexible schedule. Management is always open to feedback and suggestions. Offers opportunity to learn a variety of job skills.

Cons

Can be long hours and weekend work. Significant amount of client and job knowledge to manage.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to ideas from the field. The significant improvements in the corporate office are noticed and appreciated!

Jul 14, 2016 – Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to be better each and every day and direct feedback in conversation and idea exchange is very important. Thank you for efforts and please do not hesitate to... More

10. "Area Manager"

Current Employee - Management in Richland, SC
    Current Employee - Management in Richland, SC

Pros

Dynamic, fast paced environment with ethical dedicated and professional team and clientele

Cons

We solve problems together and experience the greater good of all those we come in contact with

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing