Alpha Reviews

Rob Holland
1 Rating

"Current employee"

in New York, NY

I have been working at Alpha

Pros

Great mission: provide rapid consumer feedback to develop innovative products & services in massively changing markets. Early-stage growth company - easy to see personal impact to the business. People really care about customers & teammates.

Cons

Lots of change as company grows & matures. Need to be comfortable with startup realities.

2. "good"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Alpha part-time

Pros

flexible, opportunities, skills, experience, collaboration

Cons

not really any negative experience

"Across the board, most talented and passionate people I've ever worked with."

Current Employee - Head of Community in New York, NY

I have been working at Alpha full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is no better feeling knowing you are building something incredible and have great people to share it with, that is what working at Alpha is like. They have done an incredible job curating a team that is tenacious, yet eager to support one another, and isn't shy about a good round of karaoke. Highly recommend.

Cons

None that I can think of.

4. "A bunch of simple-minded fools"

1.0

I worked at Alpha full-time

Pros

Exciting startup environment presenting lots of opportunities

Cons

Colleagues lacked the technical competence and resolve to overcome the greatest challenges we were facing

5. "Small Company - Making Changes"

Current Employee - Configuration Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alpha full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture. Really trying to make an impact and provide a product that helps our customers.

Cons

Need to align the product with the market.

6. "It was good for the most part"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Alpha full-time

Pros

Open office, relax culture, (mostly) friendly co-workers. Good company for those who are early in their career or sales team.

Cons

No performance reviews, or annual raises which lead to low morale through-out the company. No proper HR department to address these concerns. It was unclear on how to get a promotion or proper career pathing.

"Good culture and a place to learn"

Former Employee - Sales Operations Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Alpha full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive work environment. Friendly staff, nice offices, very relaxed and unlimited vacation policy, regular all hands meetings so you know what is going on in other departments.

Cons

More support is needed operationally. You will get pulled in multiple directions, which makes it hard to work strategically. Too much democracy means that everyone who has an opinion seems to think that they are in charge. Annual raises were non-existent, even if you have exceeded your job responsibilities. Goals are not clearly laid out unless you have a sales quota, and even then, it isn't as clear as it should be.

8. "Alpha is Awesome!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Alpha full-time for more than a year

Pros

My co-workers are smart, friendly, gritty and adventurous. There is a mission I believe in to improve how people work and how products are being built and there is a real need by large customers for our platform. Every day there is a new challenge to tackle or problem we can help solve for our clients. This job certainly isn't boring!

Cons

Some of the internal processes could be improved but these seem like normal startup challenges. I know management is improving on this so not much else.

Continue reading

"Great place to work, with a few caveats"

Former Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I worked at Alpha full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super nice people and a team that was growing very fast. They are very laid back which allows for a great work life balance and had no problem with people working from home. The culture is quite good with company outings happening regularly, not to mention team lunch on Fridays. Client work is interesting and exposes you to a ton of different ideas and products that might not be in market yet.

Cons

In the past, senior management did not really set/enforce any structure around how work should be done and what the goals were for the company so it was very easy for teams to do the bare minimum for extended periods of time. This coupled with the nebulous (at the best of times) product vision and a penchant for leaving development goals in the hands of junior employees lent itself to a lot of frustration across teams. When I left it seemed like this was changing for the better however.

Continue reading

"Amazing culture, fun startup challenges"

Current Employee - Director of Strategic Partnerships in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Alpha full-time for less than a year

Pros

The co-founders have pulled together an amazing group of people, The platform we're building is new to the industries we operate in, so lots of fun exploration. There is a great energy in the company at all times. There is a good mix of people in later stages of their career, mixed with people just starting out.

Cons

Keeping the culture great means we sometimes don't hire quickly, which means important roles go unfilled for a while.

Found 22 reviews