KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Alpha Warranty Services Reviews

Updated May 12, 2022

Found 27 of over 27 reviews

4.2
Alpha Warranty Services CEO Steven Rosenvall (no image)
Steven Rosenvall

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Protecting Lifestyle

May 12, 2022 - Data Processing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful Coworkers Amazing Culture Beautiful Work Environment Great Wellness Facilities and Programs

Cons

Not much room for movement within the company.

Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and review! The company, particularly our contact center, has been working to find new ways to provide more opportunities to our employees through transfers, promotions, and job enrichment plans. Over the last year many current and new employees have been able to stretch their talents and gain more experience through these efforts. Always room for improvement, but we are on the right track. Thank you again for your feedback!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Favorite Company So Far

Apr 12, 2022 - Claims Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

Alpha cares about their people. Great leadership. They are not perfect, but they strive to do the right thing. They focus a lot on taking care of their customers. Awesome building/amenities with good benefits. Lots of company parties and rewards.

Cons

The 401(k) is weaker than I'm used to.

Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you and your efforts towards our collective success. We are always open to ideas for improving how we do things here. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Eh so so

Apr 4, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits off most holidays no ot decent oay

Cons

Management stress not long enough lunches

Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We have recently been able to implement pay increases for our contact center positions, including more pay for more experience. We know it may not have been in time for everyone, but are pleased about this change. Lunches are always flexible between 30 minutes up to 1 hour. Our apologies if you were not aware of this option while working here. Our contact center positions can be very challenging and stressful as we work with people dealing with unexpected car repairs. This type of situation can create high emotions and stress for everyone. We strongly encourage our employees to take care of their well-being and provide various resources and onsite amenities in support of this idea. Thank you again for your contributions and feedback!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Be ready to grow

Nov 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to grow as a person and employee. Many opportunities are given to better yourself and your position, if you look for it. Anytime I express interest in other departments, I am given opportunities to explore other options and avenues. I have made many friends here.

Cons

Too many friends to keep up with :)

Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you and your efforts towards our collective success. We are always open to opportunities to improve and deliver the unexpected for our amazing employees. Thank you for your contributions and feedback!

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work in a call center with a "Shop Environment"

Dec 9, 2021 - Claims Adjuster in South Jordan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing building. Spacious... office. Game room and gym..

Cons

Infantile employees. Harassment complaints. Inappropriate language. Volatile work environment.

Recruiter

We apologize for the experience you had while working with us and thank you for sharing your concerns. Alpha Warranty Services stands by its values and will use your feedback to help ensure all employees are comfortable in their work environment. We take all such feedback seriously and thank you again for sharing.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Aug 26, 2021 - Risk Analyst in South Jordan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company who cares for their employees. Friendly people all around and fun environment

Cons

okay health benefits. cant complain about anything else

Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your insight and contributions to the company's success. We've recently added some unique plans to help meet our employees healthcare needs, including accident and critical illness insurance options. There is always room for us to improve and love hearing ideas to help us do better. Thank you again for your feedback!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company

Mar 22, 2021 - Field Sales Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve worked in companies that were 50+ years old, all the way to startups. I’ve never worked for a company so amazing than Alpha. Company Culture is amazing! Executive Team truly listens to all employees and treats them as equals. Amazing Work Facility will all the amenities. Alpha is big on keeping a good work/life balance. Ample opportunity to advance in different areas! I truly feel this company offers it all to its employees!

Cons

I’ve been with the company a short time, I have yet to see any Cons. I will edit after my 1 year.

Recruiter

Thank you for your insight and feedback! Your efforts and contributions to our success are greatly appreciated. We are awesome because of our amazing employees like you and our focus on doing the right thing. We know there is always room to improve and love hearing ideas that move us forward. Thank you for sharing!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing Company powered by Incredible People!

Apr 9, 2021 - Vice President of Sales in South Jordan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everybody who works for this company agrees that this is the greatest company they've ever worked for. The culture is incredible here and our products are truly the best in the industry. It feels great to be making a difference in our industry by providing the best products and service to our contract holders and business partners. Best of all, we are having fun while doing it!

Cons

I can't think of one con.

Recruiter

Thank you for your contributions to our success! This company is filled with amazing and talented people at every level, working hard to deliver the unexpected. Thank you for your feedback!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company

Jun 11, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in South Jordan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is super friendly the culture is unbeatable management really cares awesome business great benefits beautiful building

Cons

This company has no cons

Recruiter

Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate all your work and contributions to our collective success. We are awesome because of employees like you who bring their awesomeness daily! We know there is always room for the company to improve and hope you will always feel comfortable sharing your insights. Thank you again!

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

No growth opportunities, low pay, broken systems

Jun 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Weekends off. -If you're fine working in a stale, disengaged office setting with no growth opportunities or accountability in the work you do, this is the place for you. -If you're food motivated, you get treats.

Cons

-The pay and benefits are subpar compared to a majority of other call center options available in the Salt Lake valley. Annual raises are all you get and they do not meet any annual cost of living increases. Bonus structure is convoluted and built around call metrics meant to drive volume and lower handle time. -No career growth or development beyond a once a month, one hour corporate slide deck. Chances are the phone queues will be too busy for you to be able to attend so you'll be told you can watch the recording later, but you won't ever be able to. Only options to be promoted are if someone quits. No new job creation as there is no internal innovation. -Company Culture is predominately cis-white "good Utah boys". You can expect company events like March Madness and Employee Appreciation Day, but HR will take down Pride fliers in the break room approved by Marketing but complained about by peers. Diversity at Alpha is limited to the bilingual team. Inclusion is an illusion. A large number of employees are internal referrals from a small number of employees; culture is nepotistic and cliquey. -They spent more than they're worth building a new building, focusing on sales-centric entertainment items such as a bowling alley and arcade room to host clients and agents. Construction was rushed and the building has experienced multiple HVAC and electrical issues since opening. Meanwhile the call center floor uses antiquated software systems, broken headsets, and old equipment. -Disengaged Executives unaware to the level of complacency in their organization. Management resistant to change and quick to sweep staff problems under the rug to maintain quota and avoid rocking the boat. Employees left to figure things out for themselves lacking guidance from their leads with an internal knowledge base that is difficult to navigate and filled with conflicting information; seldom updated. -HR is useless and resistant to offer any employee support beyond mass corporate wellness emails. If you need personal support they do everything to resist, even going so far as filtering contact to avoid direct communication. -IT is a skeleton crew; critical support tickets often taking weeks to be resolved, and hardware issues are resolved by swapping broken equipment for equipment that's on its last leg. -High attrition levels means that the floor is constantly understaffed. -Lack of accountability means that some employees work really hard while others are able to game the system and exploit the known faults in a broken system full of undocumented workarounds. -This is a Sales gig with a shell of a customer service / claim adjusting department around the outside.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your perspective of your time with our company. We understand this industry is not for everyone, and we wish you great success as you move forward in your career. You expressed several concerns, including an allegation about removal of posters related to recent local Pride events. The placement of the posters advertising the Pride activities originated with HR, not Marketing. Because a few of the posters were displayed in non-approved areas of the new building, they were removed in those locations only. Pride posters displayed in the area designated for all notices and events remained in place until the dates of the events passed. We are proud of our culture, one that welcomes and supports all individuals, and it would be against our principles of inclusion and diversity to do otherwise. Employees always are welcomed and encouraged to share concerns with leaders at all levels, from the CEO to HR to Department Managers and Team Leads. The company utilizes professional economic and benefits data resources to ensure compensation and benefits remain competitive. We love referrals from all employees and pay incentives and awards to referring employees and new hires. We have a robust IT/Web Development team who provides rock star support and was able to transition employees home in a day when the pandemic occurred. We are proud of the equipment provided to employees, including new hardware, software and even electronically adjustable desks. Accountability is one of our company values, and we know we are all accountable for our contributions and individual performance. We understand the value and importance of ongoing development, so from day one orientation, we encourage employees to take ownership of their career tracks. No one knows your interests and goals better than you. We are fortunate to have the leadership of a company who genuinely cares for its employees. New positions, promotions and learning opportunities continue. This was unchanged during the Covid-19 pandemic, when no layoffs occurred and full holiday bonuses were given at the end of one of the most difficult years for us all. In February 2021 we moved into our new state-of-the-art facility, almost five years in the making. New construction certainly can have a few hiccups along the way, but the beauty and employee-focused amenities have been appreciated by most people. We grow, we stretch, we progress… Thank you for caring enough to share your thoughts. When in doubt, we encourage asking for clarification first to avoid misunderstandings like these.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews