KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 352 of over 674 reviews

4.0
AlphaSights Managing Director      Max Cartellieri
Max Cartellieri
Pros
  • "AlphaSights has a great firm culture and a fast-paced multicultural environment(in 34 reviews)

• "really great work environment constantly(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "one downside would be the long hours(in 69 reviews)

• "expect to have very long working hours and demanding client(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jun 14, 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent, collaborative work culture. Working alongside a team of driven engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders was a delight. Great benefits and compensation, I always felt valued while at AlphaSights. The company, especially the engineering department, really encourages a healthy work life balance.

Cons

Not much to say here, to be honest.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Launchpad for Your Career

May 27, 2021 - Senior Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, I really enjoyed my time at AlphaSights. Not knowing what I wanted career-wise straight out of college, AlphaSights gave me a place to build skills and learn about myself to determine the best next step for me. I worked in two roles in different business units at AlphaSights and left to attend a top grad school. My favorite parts of my AlphaSights experience: - You are surrounded by other young, outgoing coworkers and make friends quickly. - Office environment is great (e.g., free snacks and drinks, ping pong table, etc) - The amount of support/training you get from day one is incredible. A trainer who is 1-2 years into the CST role is assigned to you. You sit at adjacent desks for 3+ months and your trainer helps you to get up to speed quickly. You never feel like you're spinning your wheels. On top of that, you meet with your trainer weekly to go over feedback. You also have a monthly meeting with your Manager to focus on your career and individual meetings with your VP are also pretty frequent. - Internal mobility is fantastic. I reached a point where I was ready to move on from the CST role and was hired into a separate business unit at AlphaSights for an entirely new job. For me, this meant I was able to stay at the firm I liked while also transitioning to a role that fit me best. - Leadership is highly approachable, they listen to employees, and they invest in you. I only worked at AlphaSights for ~3 years but came to personally know most of AlphaSights's leadership. As an example, a few days before I left, I had a 45-minute 1 on 1 chat about my time at AlphaSights and my feedback on the firm with the CEO, Max. My VP also wrote me a letter of recommendation for grad school. - AlphaSights is a fast-paced and collaborative environment. It is also competitive in the sense that you're often trying to beat out other firms and reach new performance highs, but you aren't competitive with your fellow coworkers. People support each other. - Exit opportunities are quite good, especially for those who become Managers or above. I've known many people who've gone on to commercial roles at prestigious companies (e.g., Google and Amazon) as well as smaller, innovative startups. - AlphaSights continues to grow quickly. This means more opportunities for employees - also, more simply, it's fun to be doing well.

Cons

- The CST role can be stressful especially due to the unpredictability that comes from working with clients and experts. 'Fires' can happen at any time at no fault of your own but it's still your responsibility to put them out. - Don't waste any effort trying to negotiate your compensation - AlphaSights has a no-negotiation policy. - Diversity at AlphaSights is improving due to steps taken by leadership, but it is still lacking.

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

Good Pay good environment

Jun 20, 2021 - Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

everyone who works here is driven and fun

Cons

not compensated enough for the time

4. 5.0

Great company!

Jun 14, 2021 - Account Manager, Client Services in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company to work for! Leadership provides a lot of support and focuses on personal development.

Cons

Company is mostly comprised of young people (under the age of 25), so developing professionally is difficult.

5. 4.0

Solid entry-level role

Jan 31, 2021 - CST Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are welcoming, supportive and want you to succeed. You learn commercial and soft skills and are exposed to a vast array of industries and companies. The pay is strong for an entry-level job, especially if you perform well. The hours are usually 8am-6:30/7pm but that varies on your team, workload, efficiency, and segment.

Cons

It is not an intellectually demanding enough role. There's no deep work involved (no real reading except for scanning articles and emails) and a large portion of your time is spent sending emails, slack messages, or adding people on LinkedIn. You do spend plenty of time on the phone with experts, but it's only 3-8 minutes each to vet their background. This is the most interesting part of the job as you have to ask the right questions, you learn about their career and industry, and you get to practice soft skills like negotiation. However, even after talking to 10-20 advisors for a project, you come away with quick-hitting facts and a better understanding of their former company or industry, but that's about the extent of it. You don't develop a framework or model for how to navigate problems or make better business decisions. You're simply passing on these experts' backgrounds to investors or consultants who then speak to them for an hour or more in order to help them make better decisions.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great first job

Mar 8, 2021 - Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I would ignore some of the other reviews here from over 8 months ago. The company has changed its strategy/vision with work from home, and I believe the work-life balance of employees has tremendously improved. I work from anywhere between 7-10 hours a day, and have the flexibility to work earlier in the morning or later at night and take long breaks during the day if it fits within the workflow. Significant amount of autonomy, early responsibility, client-facing, and the people you work with are fantastic

Cons

Philosophically the job can become a little exhausting as the job fits within an extremely small niche of professional services and lacks the "prestige" of consulting

5 people found this review helpful

AlphaSights Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! COVID has indeed shown us we can have more flexibility than we've ever had before and I am optimistic this trend will continue! I'm also glad to hear you are finding autonomy, early career responsibility and excellent team members. These will continue to be our core building blocks as we scale over the coming years in SF and I am grateful you are part of our team. - Sloan Danenhower, San Francisco VP

7. 4.0

Good entry-level experience

May 5, 2021 - Client Services Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Really great training and leadership - Great baseline skills acquired - Good stepping stone for an actual career (especially when you don't know what you want to do after)

Cons

- The company is growing so fast that you can work long hours. - Really demanding work and the client-first attitude can be very trying.

8. 5.0

Solid Entry Job

May 19, 2021 - Senior Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced, growing, young, ambitious, well-managed

Cons

tough, turnover, long days, culture

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

IT Support Engineer Review

May 4, 2021 - IT Support in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team is unparalleled as well as the growth trajectory and collaboration

Cons

Working hours can extend pretty far

10. 4.0

Interesting Role

May 4, 2021 - Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people, cool culture, lots of exposure

Cons

Repetitive work, can feel spammy on linkedin

Viewing 1 - 10 of 352 Reviews