AlphaSights "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

AlphaSights Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 1 de Sep 2019

4.0
AlphaSights CEO Max Cartellieri
Max Cartellieri
Pros
  • "Fast paced company with steep learning curve(in 27 reviews)

• "Great people and plenty talent who are awesome to spend time with, made some genuine friends there and the culture really pushes these relationships(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you are applying, be prepared to work consecutive long hours in this role(in 28 reviews)

• "Client first organisation (also a strength) means "always on" and every now and then have to be reachable after working hours(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews

"Associate"

Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at AlphaSights

Pros

You get to work with a lot of great people who really care about you and want to make sure you succeed in a positive environment. They have a nice interview process and really make sure you feel comfortable.

Cons

You have to work with a lot of different people and work with many of the same project which is not always the most fun but it proves itself worth it!

AlphaSights2016-01-13

"Challenging First Role out of College"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at AlphaSights full-time for more than a year

Pros

Autonomous, challenging, fas-paced role out of college Great people and culture

Cons

Lots of after-hours work High expectations, high pressure role

AlphaSights2019-09-02

"Consultant"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at AlphaSights for more than a year

Pros

Great work and great people, I love the fact that I get called and scheduled withing a fair amount of time.

Cons

Feast or Famine, either more work than I can handle or no work at all.... need more frequent calls timed out well for maximum efficiency.

Advice to Management

Consultant critiques would be useful to determine if customer needs are being met, allow your consultants access to this information as a growing tool, also customer base will appreciate the follow through.

AlphaSights2016-11-30

"Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at AlphaSights full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great people, young culture, work hard play hard, & great fun perks -Project management responsibilities early on in your career

Cons

-At the will of clients, which is expected of a service job -Demanding monthly quota, though most Associates hit the minimum in every month

Advice to Management

I hope that those who have outside experience will continue to help the younger employees build towards their career goals, and support their development of relevant skills to achieve those goals as the company has promised to do with the Associate role.

AlphaSights2015-10-02

"Vice President"

Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at AlphaSights

Pros

- Real autonomy in your work - the management believes whole heartedly in the people within the organization and trusts you without micro managing - Varied responsibilities - there is a true meritocracy and if you prove yourself, it is possible to be promoted quickly and take on different functions in the business (i'm not sure of any company where you could get client facing exposure as quickly as this one) -... Learning opportunity - serving the types of clients AlphaSights has provides insights into hundreds of different industries and enables the ability to quickly understand the intricacies of many diverse sectors - Culture. Great people, great fun - Finally, I can say having left the company, the skills I gained here over 6 years are genuinely applicable to many things one might go onto do next. The ability to understand a client request, then know how to reach the most relevant people, ask the right questions and speak to them in a professional and clear manner is applicable in numerous settings and will be a skill set you use on a daily basis in whatever you go on to do next

Cons

Very few... I had 6 fantastic years at the company and have little bad to say. If anything, I would say that it is clear now that the company is no longer a startup but an established player in the industry. Anyone joining should be aware of that. This is not necessarily a negative but AS should use proceeds from the fantastic business that has been built to invest more in different service offerings, and... innovate the model. I'm sure this will be happening more and more and as it does, more exciting opportunities will develop for people who are successful there.

Advice to Management

As above. Dont change much but more expenditure on innovating around service offerings will make us number 1 in this space in no time.

AlphaSights2015-07-16

"The company culture, career development opportunities, and employee ambition and teamwork is unparalleled."

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at AlphaSights full-time

Pros

- Career development: running projects for clients quickly and running a team in a year - Management & training - Openness - Culture: parties, young, smart, similarly minded but diverse perspectives - Growth (personal and company) - Opportunities: promotion, initiatives, meeting great people - Always changing, so it's always interesting -- great if you like flexibility and problem solving - Learn many... industries quickly

Cons

- Long hours compared to non-finance job -- relative and depends on perspective - It's really great! Besides hours, no complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! There's such a great culture, and we all have to work on maintaining that and our drive as we continue to grow.

AlphaSights2014-09-13

"Great opportunities for growth and experience"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at AlphaSights full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, great benefits, great snacks. Employees are very smart (mostly from top colleges), young, and dynamic. Because the company is growing so quickly, there is a lot of room for career development and management opportunities. The work can be challenging but it is rewarding. Very lively culture--the company prides itself on its culture.

Cons

The hours are pretty long, and you need to be very comfortable talking to people you don't know (on the phone) for a good portion of your day. The culture is also pretty intense, which I think is a good thing but might not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Make sure you don't lose sight of newer hires as the company continues to scale!

AlphaSights2014-07-15

"Great start to your career"

Current Employee - Associate in London, England

I have been working at AlphaSights full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. A lot of room to grow if you're willing to take the lead. Entrepreneurial atmosphere. Great start to making contacts.

Cons

Limited transferrable skills elsewhere. If you know where you want to go, then question if AS will get you there.

AlphaSights2019-08-22

"Great people/Call centre job"

Former Employee - Associate in London, England

I worked at AlphaSights full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cons

All that talent is, more often that not, wasted on a repetitive role with questionable value add. Management is running a great business model which continues to grow but offer very little value add considering associates are to thank for some impressive performance. They mirror some sort of personal development which really comes to an end after 6 months where there is little more to learn once you have understand... how they work and how they are trying to continue making clients pay more and more for diversifying services This repetitive role leads to a very high rate of churning amongst staff who are there for one of two reasons, 1. They do not know what to do going forward and this is a decent way to learn a few skills, make a very decent salary, 2. They are currently looking for another role but prefer doing so whilst getting paid

Advice to Management

Advertise the role for what it is and not comparable to consulting roles. If you do not want such a high churning rate then pay your employees in other things than commission - which looks good until you realise the profit margins on the service being delivered. Make sure your management adds value rather then simply "strategise" as there is nothing more frustrating for associates to pay for their managers bonus

AlphaSights2019-08-07

"Limited career progression"

Former Employee - Associate in London, England

I worked at AlphaSights full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Incompetent senior management Limited career progression Nature of the job is repetitive and very monotonous

AlphaSights2018-05-01