Alphadetail Reviews in San Mateo, CA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Market Research Associate"

Former Employee - Market Research Associate in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Market Research Associate in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Alphadetail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location, surrounding areas are really beautiful and good places to eat nearby. Great company to start a career in Market Research, smart, friendly and hard working employees who are always willing to guide and answer any questions.

Since the office (San Mateo) is pretty small, one gets to interact with almost everyone. The office atmosphere is mostly friendly and the senior management had an open door policy.

The company has a good client base and always has a variety of projects on their plate which gives employees a good learning curve and a wide exposure. The company provides food on many occasions and employee birthdays, festivals and other achievements are celebrated.

Cons

Long hours, employees end up working throughout the day. You dont have time for anything, since you are working all the time (including Saturdays and Sundays). Management does agree with the concept of work-life balance, but does not follow it. Some measures were promised to be laid to improve this, but it never happened.

Management has been constantly changing after their merger with ImpactRx. They dont care much about employee feedback and will let you go whenever they feel. I was given my review feedback one day and was laid-off the next day. No room was given for improvement.

Many employees have left the company for better opportunities and are doing much better work with better pay elsewhere. Associates are hired as cheap labor and are weighed down with multiple projects beyond their scope (rather than being staffed on a few projects).

The company does not give you room for improvement, senior management dont want to give you time to learn (you basically dont have much anyways).

Advice to Management

Give associates some time to learn, though not efficient, after the initial review, give them time for improvement. The company is good, and can still turn around, just be a little patient and retain your employees

2. "A Company in Crisis"

Current Employee - Senior Manager QA in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager QA in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Alphadetail full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good client base built up over many years. Opportunity to learn different research methodologies & touch multiple projects.

Cons

The company has stumbled it's way through far too many poorly strategized corporate integrations followed by split outs. It's been confusing for our clients & bad for employee morale and just looks like leadership flip flops on decision making, which they do.
    Pay is not competitive, the cost of living in the Bay Area is high. Extremely poor 401(k) match. Employees medical contribution cost also went up this year.
    The current CEO has only been in post a relatively short time & has limited to no experience in the healthcare space which shows. Our Impactrx company partner has a reputation for delivering high cost reports that lack business insights & are just big data dumps. Their company culture is very different, they tend to be kinda arrogant drinking their own koolade reluctant to change. Their CEO seems full of his own self importance though my Horsham colleagues say he's rarely around & works from home most days of the week.

Advice to Management

Sell the company while you still might get something for it, I reckon our market value has to be on the decline.

"Keep on looking"

Former Employee - Associate in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Alphadetail full-time

Pros

Good place to learn about market research. Poor leadership but good, hard working people. Changes happen in this field, but changes don't come easy.

Cons

I came to glassdoor when I was looking for jobs, and now I wish my experience will help some of you.

The company constantly hires talent indicating very high turnover. The long hours is just one of the many reasons. I have worked on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve. Management cares about sales numbers more than career development or quality work. Meanwhile junior staff is brought in as cheap labor. There is no HR so feedback is hardly heard. Review process is neither open nor fair. If you are ambitious and want an opportunity to grow, keep on looking.