Alpinestars Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gabriele Mazzarolo

1. "Positive experience love the brand."

Former Employee - Customer Service in Torrance, CA

I worked at Alpinestars full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great, casual dress.

Cons

Communication could be improved from management.

2. "deesigner"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Pros

top of their game in technical motosports.

Cons

never can figure out who they are in sportswear. go through sales managers like water.

Advice to Management

micro managment is futile.

3. "not worth it"

Former Employee - International Sales Manager in San Pedro, CA
    Former Employee - International Sales Manager in San Pedro, CA

I worked at Alpinestars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

upper management is no good. you will have to do additional work with no additional compensation

"Well...it's a paycheck!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I worked at Alpinestars full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a steady paycheck, nice health benefits, fun team (when CEO isn't around), great product.

Cons

No advancement unless your supervisor is fired and they need someone to fill the position, employees are not valued and easily replaced, workload is overwhelming, shaming, salary employees are expected to work overtime.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. It costs more to replace people than to nurture the relationships you have.

6. "Overall a good team and company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, NM

I have been working at Alpinestars full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has straight forward goals and a strong level of clarity across all departments, which is key to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Passionate employees for the brand is key and make it even a better work environment.

Great atmosphere with clear expectations and plenty of internal growth as long as you do a good job and you will be rewarded.

New upper management additions to the company has been a huge plus. Only hires talented and hardworking people what I see.

Benefits program is plus as well

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind. The company expects you to work hard and that is what you were hired to do. Like I mentioned above you will be reward for your passion and hard work for the brand.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been employees are very happy.

7. "Got passion?"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Torrance, CA

Pros

Top of the line technical motorcycle protection products, great benefits, staff is friendly and helpful. There is growth if you know how to do your job and can perform with dignity, accountability, and professionalism. I believe in the products and use them whenever I throw my leg over a motorcycle . To work on the technical support side of the business, it helps to have a passion for motorsports. The company is built on progression and providing the best protective gear for the elite athlete to the weekend warrior. Whether its work or play, personal success is driven from hard work and sacrifice.

Cons

Nothing negative. The only thing I can say is loyalty is rewarded. If you want the company to invest in you, try investing in the company.

Advice to Management

Thrive and surround yourself with people that share the same goal and vision.

8. "World Class Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alpinestars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The slogan is not 'Racing Ahead' for no reason. Fast-paced, competitive environment and industry, which demands a lot of you but pushes you to reach new levels of output at the same time.

Has had some growing pains but its evident the company is placing the right individuals in key roles to make a big leap forward. 3-5 year outlook is exciting and promising. Anyone who joins will be a part of something special and can contribute immediately.

Yes, management is demanding, but always fair and ethical.
    True multinational which combines Italian heritage with American work ethic and drive.

Lacks the 'PC'-nature of typical American companies and allows for individuality, freedom and flexibility.

Cons

From a distance can appear to lack structure, but system rewards individuals that are proactive, creative and team players. Oftentimes new employees need to hit the ground running, mostly due to existing workload and the pace of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the latest hiring trends and reward staff. Continue to build the channels of communications and transparency.

9. "Good"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Alpinestars full-time

Pros

Very good company if you want improve your skills. If you want a good opportunity in a race company Alpinestars is a very good option.

Cons

the same as in other company.

"You leave with what we came with - NOTHING!"

Former Employee - Wharehouse in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Wharehouse in Torrance, CA

Pros

Reasonable work hours, casual laid back environment, marijuana friendly staff from managers on down is the biggest plus. i've never worked somewhere the managers are equally liberal.

Cons

Management can be clickish but if you're of latin descendt , you are likely to fit in more comfortably. Females are favored by management, upper management-not so welcoming, maybe cause they are older more serious types. Mostly temp hires so not good to get comfortable, you are pretty much disposable At any time.

Advice to Management

Ecpect to get what you give. Take people serious and they will take the job serious. Nobody wants to go over and beyond to just go unrecognized. Offer some incentive like job security.

"My suggestion is to steer clear of Alpinestars. It is not what you think at all."

Former Employee - Customer Service in Torrance, CA

I worked at Alpinestars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are not many. You do get to work in the Motorsports industry. Attend some events and get a decent employee discount on some of their products for personal use. Vacation/sick days accrued quickly. Make friends with a lot of different people and get to sometimes meet some of the best athletes in the world in their respective sports.

They do make some of the best protective equipment in the world. You can be proud that you contributed in protecting an athlete, rider, or driver of any skill level. That was the biggest pro I took away from my time at there.

Cons

Biggest con to Alpinestars is the way the company is run. There is little to no communication between management and the employees. I learned this from the very start. My first few weeks in my position, my immediate supervisor was fired. I was left by myself to figure out how to run the department I was in, less that 6 weeks after I signed on. I had to self train myself on everything. Product knowledge, computer systems, etc. I received little to no help at all. Once they hired a replacement (a 3 month process I might add) I began to realize that Alpinestars really has issues with operations.

One serious issue Alpinestars is faced with is an extremely high rate of turn over. While I was there, people would hire on and leave within weeks of their start date. A few people I knew who left did it out pure frustration with the upper management and the constant bullying by them. No matter how well you did your job, there was always a sense that you could be let go instantly for little to no reason. Terminations were rampant. I have no idea why in most cases. If you take a position, please be warned that you will end up taken on several other positions due to the employee turn over. There is no compensation for doing so either. Personally, I was doing several different jobs while I was there. In addition to the position I was hired for. It was frustrating and draining.

Operationally, the whole company is a mess. Little to no Human Resources available. No way to voice your opinions, suggestions, or even get a simple question answered really. No employee handbook, training procedures, standards of practice....nothing at all! You do things one way on any given day just to change to something else on the next. Again, this goes back to poor management and a severe lack of communication.

The unfortunate part about reading all the reviews on this company here is that most of the negative ones are very true. I felt, and still feel exactly the same about what these other employees have posted. They are a true representation of how life is working for Alpinestars. And that is sad.

Advice to Management

Can't give any here unfortunately. They do not listen to anything their employees have to say, nor do they want to. But since I have the opportunity here, I will say this...take heed into what these reviewers have said here. This is what they all feel about the company. This is why they have all left. Instead of ignoring them and passing them off, learn from them and make Alpinestars a better environment.