AltaFlux Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Vijay Nachimuthu

1. "Exciting and Growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at AltaFlux full-time

Pros

I have been at AltaFlux over three years and it has show steady growth and an exciting place to work. Love the work culture, transparency and collaboration with the entire team. Challenging to work with different clients and sometimes in can get out of hand. But love the company and the leadership

Cons

Challenging, small yet growing business. Sometimes have to work with people who don't want to change - clients and some fellow consultants

Advice to Management

Nothing. Keep the focus on challenges in growing and foster the same culture.

2. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Troy, MI

I have been working at AltaFlux full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work is great - ability to support multiple clients and learn about multiple industries
    SuccessFactors is a great tool for support
    Casual environment - no need for business attire

Cons

Leadership at AltaFlux - no trust and respect for their employees. Employee turnover is very high.
    Current team is shrinking as people realize what an awful place this is to work - no trust, no respect, no medical or disability benefits. I anticipate that none of the good consultants will stay beyond the next 30 - 90 days.
    Long-term forecast is bleak as no sales are occurring and clients are not staying with AltaFlux.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust and respect your team and clients
    Align your actions with your words

3. "What a change..."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Troy, MI

Pros

I started her about 11 months ago thinking I wanted to take a chance on a start up company. Two weeks into it, I thought to myself, "I made a big mistake". I am so happy I stuck it out. It is amazing how everything has changed with with new people and leadership. Everyone has a can do attitude and a drive to succeed. It still amazes me to look around the office now and see people in pockets collaborating. Our efforts have been well rewarded with unlimited vacation, a new incentive program, and a kitchen stocked with food.

Cons

I am tried, but a good tired. There is so much to do and learn.

4. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Director in Troy, MI

I have been working at AltaFlux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible opportunity for career growth and diversity in responsibilities; everyone works well together and enjoys collaborating on projects/issues; casual dress; opportunity to work in multiple industries and with a variety of clients; fast-paced environment; unlimited vacation; leaders that push the team to excel; everyone has a voice in what we do and how we do it

Cons

Exhausting at times as the pace is fast and everyday presents a new challenge - it's exciting and rewarding but can be tiring.

Advice to Management

Keep going - appreciate the changes in team and leadership in the past 8 months. It is allowing the true AltaFlux culture to shine.

5. "Exciting, collaborative and fun"

I have been working at AltaFlux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is exciting to be a part of growing company, every team member is valued - input is not only considered it is sought after. Any day is casual day. The entire team is supportive, leadership is engaged without micro-managing, policies are in place to promote great work life balance and the environment is energetic, collaborative and fun.

Cons

For me, there aren't any. I guess the office gets a little cold on Monday and a little hot by Friday...?

Advice to Management

You've got this train moving in the right direction, full steam ahead - it's going to be a great ride for everyone onboard.

"Interesting Work---but a lot of politics and unnecessary drama by owners"

I have been working at AltaFlux full-time

Pros

My work was always interesting and challenging.

Cons

The owner will make offers (even in writing) and not follow-through. I was offered a decent salary for someone transitioning into a consultant role, but base salary is not all that is taken into consideration when you accept a position. My initial package consisted of a base salary plus healthcare insurance for my entire family at no cost. By the time I met my 90 days, the insurance benefit was gone. At this point I lost $12,000 worth of my compensation package with nothing done to make it up.

I did some extensive travel for Altaflux, and at one point had accumulated $8,000 worth of expenses. I was told they would be paid on a certain date, and they were not paid until almost 2 weeks later.....you shouldn't have to beg for your money.

The owner is a has a great mind for innovation but has no place in managing people. When he disagrees with you he just stops talking to everyone. Not a great feeling for such a small work environment.

Watch and read carefully everything that you sign when working for Altaflux. There is no intent on management's part to have an agreement that protects both parties....only Altaflux, and the contract is strongly weighted in their favor.

Advice to Management

Keep you word to people & stop focusing on the past and what others have done to you. Do the right thing. Karma is an interesting creature.

7. "Great place to build a cloud technology career"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at AltaFlux full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been a technical consultant over 3 years now at AltaFlux. I have seen a steady growth and investments by the management o improve. Primary focus is project based work and constant monitoring to increase the efficiency and deliverable. At times it can be a roller coaster ride - wave of projects that require immediate attention by clients and sometimes it dies off. Overall I enjoy my day in day out.

Cons

Technology market is constantly changing, so adapt to the service offerings for the changing market quickly.

Advice to Management

Nothing major. But a few improvements could be made in rigorously vetting people before they are hired. Don't want people who cannot pull their weight

8. "Great people, steady growth and lots of learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Consultant in Troy, MI

I have been working at AltaFlux full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AltaFlux is a ever evolving,technology consulting and a fun company that represents innovation and current trends in today's technology world. Very observant of different trends not only in our industry but our clients as well. Open to change and new ideas to further advance the company. The attitudes, comic relief, creativity that is expected and encouraged - and yes I would - I already have.

Cons

The Flux is forecasting of projects and where the demand is coming from is unpredictable and as a small company its hard to keep up with the different nature of projects.

Advice to Management

Glad you stay to the Core Values you have established and you live by now and as growth happens, don't move away from them as well. Keep your hiring focused on peoples core values and not on their skills

9. "Innovative, Fun Enabling Work Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing/Sales Associate in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing/Sales Associate in Troy, MI

I have been working at AltaFlux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Able to voice opinion, able to make decisions and work at your pace without a hovering manager, flexibility, caring team, fun yet productive colleagues/management, innovation for more productivity and completing jobs more efficiently.

Cons

Currently the only con is that we need to establish our brand and then explode onto the scene.

Advice to Management

Keep with where your head/instincts are taking us - it has yet to lead us wrong thus far! Looking forward to working throughout the years as we adventure through your vision.

10. "Dream place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant/SAP BODS Developer in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant/SAP BODS Developer in Troy, MI

I have been working at AltaFlux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and challenging work environment
    Supportive management
    High ethical Business standards
    The best HR policies
    Encouraging environment for freshmen
    Scope to learn more

Cons

I haven't come across any so far

Advice to Management

You are the best.....