Altametrics Reviews | Glassdoor

Altametrics Reviews

Updated February 5, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • No one bothers you while you're sleeping at your desk (in 4 reviews)

• I've worked at Altametrics for 2 years and have had a very good experience (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • He also likes to talk about other employees behind their backs in meetings (in 3 reviews)

• No 401k, no vacations until after 1 year (in 4 reviews)

"Overall Pretty Cool Place To Work"

Current Employee - Customer Implementation in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Implementation in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Altametrics for 2 years and have had a very good experience. My manager is very honest and fair and I've received regular raises and performance reviews. One thing that I really like is that they do spend a lot on training. I went through a great training program for almost 3 months before I was assigned to a department. Great experience.

Cons

Nothing really. The company is growing very steadily and the customers are positive and supportive. I worked on implementation on Taco Bell and they love the products.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The training you are providing is appreciated and valuable. I like being set up for success and hope the opportunities to grow continues.

"The Only Review You Need to Read"

Pros

Nothing. The paycheck? Some of the people? They used to have a breakfast program in the morning before you started work but they took it away to instead sell snacks around 3pm...

Cons

Where do I begin?
    1. The culture is terrible. Everyone keeps their heads low and mouths silent. They tried to do 'fun things' around the office but no one ever participated.
    2. The Management. The people running this establishment should not be in charge.
    3. HR. They don't have an HR office.
    4. The CEO.He changes his mind every 10 seconds and projects NEVER get completed....seriously EVER. He also likes to talk about other employees behind their backs in meetings. Very unprofessional.
    5. The best part...the 90% TURNOVER RATE! N obody lasts a year at this job...unless they are the CEO favorites...there's only 3-4 people that make it past a year.

Advice to Management

Train your employees, TRAIN your management team on BUSINESS ETHICS and maybe yoau'll have employees that actually want to work with you...

"A great place to learn and grow"

Pros

Transparency and flat hierarchy. Helpful colleagues and good work environment

Cons

There is always a scope of improvement for everything and that will come with time, otherwise you would find Google and Facebook employee complaining about their job too.

"I've enjoyed working here"

Current Employee - Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like the company and the people. Everyone is nice and supportive. My boss is a good guy, smart and easy to get along with. I'm in consulting and I like traveling to new places and working with customers like McDonald's

Cons

Can't think of any. Overall this is a great place. Not too big to get lost or not know your co-workers and not too small where there are no opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Obviously, something you are doing is working. Every company can improve but at Altamtrics I've seen people listen and take the steps to improve.

"You will grow more here than anywhere"

I have been working at Altametrics full-time

Pros

Altametrics is a fast-paced exciting company to work at. You get the opportunity to show off your creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. And, you're always asked for your opinion.

At Altametrics you'll be challenged every day with a lot of autonomy.

Cons

It's true. Not everyone is built for Altametrics fadt-paced autonomous environment.

If you want or expect something easy you're not going to find it at Altamrtrics. You are always going to be challenged and pushed to be better but that does not always come easily.

"Do NOT Work Here"

I have been working at Altametrics full-time

Pros

I got paid. That's it, but glass door has a 20 word minimum for reviews.

Cons

Where do I start? The culture here is awful. Employees are treated as disposable and they have the turnover to prove it. The CEO treats people like crap. I've seen people cussed out by him in the middle of the office and he refers to sales people as "idiots." The pay is well below industry average and you get zero PTO your first year and bare minimum benefits (that is to say, only what is mandated by law).

I can guarantee you will be hired on (if you take a job here and you don't listen to the real reviews--anything beyond 3 stars is fake and definitely not like this place) for a position that either doesn't exist or is doomed for failure from the start and your job will be on the line. You will receive minimum training for all tasks but demanded it be done their way and not your way. The products here don't actually work and customers are sold ideas, not real products or solutions and they have no problem lying to customers. They will put consultants on the line to deliver the actual product and it will be your fault if you don't deliver, whether it is possible or not. Just search Google for lawsuits involving this company and enjoy. There's a reason only a select few have been there for more than a few months.

There are many more cons but this review is going on too long already. My advice is just stay away from this place.

Advice to Management

Close up shop and be happy this place has not been sued to oblivion. From customers and employees.

"THE CEO IS A LYING SCUMBAG (Any positive reviews are written by him personally)"

Current Employee - Professional Services Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Learn how to lie (CEO calls it saving the customers from themselves)
    Learn how to cheat your customers ("It will be so painful they just wont ask about the rest of what we promised)
    Learn how to defraud your way into very large accounts (Well until the smoke clears buh bye Starbucks, McDonalds, Taco Bell)
    Learn how to carefully review your terms of employment (Doesn't matter they change to make sure you never make any more then the CEO thinks you are worth, which is nothing)
    Learn how to research and find the perfect lawyer to to represent you during the pending class action lawsuit.

Cons

Literally Everything
    The culture stinks from the head down. The CEO is a lying, manipulating scumbag who passes himself off as this benevolent mentor and all around good guy. When it couldn't be farther from the truth. They have the lowest pay in the industry. They have a consistent track record of defrauding both their customers and their employees. When people start asking questions they are immediately fired. Turn over is at around 80% easily. "Fast paced" means work you to death and still not get what is promised.

Advice to Management

Close up shop, count your money then count yourself lucky that you aren't in jail (Yet). You should be ashamed of how you conduct business, how you treat your customers and how you have no value for your employees. One day everything comes full circle, we work in a relatively small community and EVERYONE now knows how you do business. The only people that will ever sign with you are the ones who live in a bubble and don't network with other professionals in our space.

"Sales"

I worked at Altametrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Liked the people that worked there

Cons

Everything else... especially the CEO

"nothing but lies and false promises"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Altametrics full-time

Pros

most of the people are talented good working people, which the exception of some of the "favorites" of the CEO which rely on being the CEO's puppets. Having fun people to work with doesn't make this company worth working for though. If you can go somewhere else I say do it!

Cons

too many cons. the biggest is the CEO himself. he lies and will have no problem cheating people and going behind their backs. Him and the COO will do whatever it takes for them to make money. they dont value their employees. the turnover rate is like nothing ive ever seen. within the span of a month over 10 employees were fired or quit. this company hires and fires people like crazy. the CEO and COO are too afraid to deal with real problems and instead run and hide in order not to face any of them. they lie to the employees and to their customers. they promise so many things but nothing ever gets done. every bad review on here is 100% correct and i would think twice before working here. this company will never change. there is no growth at all and no room for advancement. I give this company a few years max before they go under. people will find out the truth.

Advice to Management

nothing to say to them as they are too hard headed and won't ever listen to anyone. They have crazy ideas that don't work and will never have a stable set of employees.

"Please take these negative reviews seriously and stay away. Far away."

I worked at Altametrics full-time

Pros

No one gives you any guidance so you actually learn a lot if you are proactive.

Cons

Owner and CEO is a dictator. Talks about all his people behind their backs. Uses passive aggressive decision making because he's afraid of confrontation. Goes on hiring and firing sprees to strike fear into the hearts of employees, making everyone uncertain of their future (except for a select handful of long-timers). Puts down dissenters like rabid dogs (only a slight exaggeration). He is dishonest; will say anything to get a sale, manufactures fake testimonials, fires people and lies about why, learns all about other vendors' products in order to create his own version.

Unethical hiring practices: the recruiter will be very nice to you during the process, but on your first day will not say hello or even make eye contact. They talk about "tea time" and "making breakfast" for employees, but the moment management (CEO) decides he's being too generous, they will take it away and use it as a form of punishment. Everyone I knew there was completely deceived during the interview and hiring process.

Extremely bad reputation amongst other software providers: Altametrics is a pariah. If you have to deal with outside vendors, I can guarantee you humiliation and embarrassment. They will not believe the dysfunction, and to do your job, you will have to act like everything is fine.

No oversight: within the first month of working at Altametrics, I experienced 2 significant incidents of illegal harassment. The person who is supposedly responsible for maintaining order in the office is so far removed from everything it's insanity. Employees who feel they have an upper hand will backstab others, and in one particularly horrifying case, a inexperienced manager caused a really good employee to lose his job.

Everyone I spoke to at that company (including myself) had read these reviews and dismissed them, thinking no company could actually be that bad. I'm telling you this: IT TRULY IS THAT BAD. Intelligent, kind, ethical people have been done seriously wrong by this company. Don't let yourself be one of them.

Advice to Management

None. I don't have the words, time, nor interest, and even if I did, it would fall on deaf ears.