Altapointe Health Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tuerk Schlesinger

Pros
  • The kids were challenging but a joy to work with (in 2 reviews)

• That's the one positive that came from this job (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate, no raises, very little appreciation (in 5 reviews)

• No one listens to us about our concerns (in 4 reviews)

"Wonderful opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

I worked at Altapointe Health Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at AltaPointe for 6 years in various positions and departments and in that time I grew a great deal professionally and in the company. I had very knowledgeable supervisors and coworkers that taught me new skills and encouraged me to continue to learn and grow. The leadership and supervisors were all very supportive of the employees and sincerely cared about them- something most people do not see, however in my positions I got that opportunity. Without my experience and growth at AltaPointe, I would not be where I am in my career.

Cons

The downside is the pay, however it is a not for profit so you have to keep that in mind plus the benefits make up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep your head up with all the negative reviews, there are many past and former employees who really loved working for AltaPointe usually only people do reviews to complain!

"Behavioral Specialist"

I worked at Altapointe Health Systems full-time

Pros

The coworkers are great to work with there.

Cons

Management is not very good there

Advice to Management

More insight is needed as to how to supervise employees.

"Learned a lot but management sure doesn't"

Former Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Mobile, AL

I worked at Altapointe Health Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to the mental health realities of the world but in the southern US there is a 'disability' culture like nowhere else

Cons

Abysmal pay, expectation of billing 8 hours per day when it is impossible, lousy benefits, worst CEO ever had the displeasure of meeting(scheslinger, AKA Sleezinger), and just more and more cutting with the worst burnout rate imaginable.

Advice to Management

Share and stop blasting the employees. It's not their fault that ppl do not come in for appts. And get some real management training bec no one wants to follow the existing ones

""SMH""

Former Employee - Behavioral Specialist - Acute in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Behavioral Specialist - Acute in Mobile, AL

I worked at Altapointe Health Systems full-time

Pros

You will enjoy working with the children
    The benefits are ok
    Coworkers become family

Cons

Mess is kept up through out the office staff as they talk about one another in front of workers and consumers. The consumer to staff ratio are not always followed like the handbook stats. No raises are given. Instead they are steady expanding the company. Some of the "TOP" supervisors do not care about the working condition of the behavioral staff. Supervisors talk to their staff rudely. There is very little coverage when its time for your breaks or when you need to use the restrooms. staff curse around and at consumers. Supervisors are scared to talk up for their staff. All therapist are not giving the opportunity to get there hours. They will pick and choose who get their hours. JC standards are only enforced once a year. In house advancement is little to non. If you are not liked for whatever reason then you will not get the job. LONG hours get hard at times.

Advice to Management

Give your Behavioral Staff a raise between $1 and $2. Focus on the consumers and staff instead of the companies' bank account.

"BP hospital"

Pros

Decent bebifits, but good luck getting time off if you need a procedure.

Cons

No communication, things change daily and no one is notified of the change m, however we are held responsible.

Advice to Management

Communicate with staff.

7. "Chaotic"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Altapointe Health Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers, advancement of consumers

Cons

The consumers don't adhere rules given by the staff

Advice to Management

Consumers need structure

"Unhealthy work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

I worked at Altapointe Health Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some fantastic people who work there but in general, it's a snake pit.

Cons

This company has only one thing in mind, THE BOTTOM LINE. This company cares very little about the employees and even less about the clients they serve. It cuts corners and dodge law's by the power of persuasive actions with lawmakers in order to suit it's needs. Most not all, of the head honcho's are not in their position out of merit or extensive knowledge but; because they are buddies with the corner office. The "protector's of the employees rights" are a complete joke as they look past blatant acts of employee abuse, and hostile work environments. If anything is said in a private closed door forum, the information is relayed to the person being complained about and they are then allowed to bully, harrass, turn someone into unvalued outcast by removing them from anything of value, have racists views against ALL colors, and seek retribution for seeking assistance from the one place that is there to aid them. This company also doesn't adhere to the no religious views in the workplace as it allows open prayer, religious references regarding whatever strikes them, and no option not to participate. Civil Rights violation....

Advice to Management

If you are wondering why there's such a huge turn over in staff, which I am sure that you don't care, look at the top offices and investigate those actions. And I'm talking about the so called "top of the Altapointe food chain", not the scape goat under them.

"Work"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Mobile, AL

I worked at Altapointe Health Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Large working community. Many resources for the consumers and their families. Able to get to know the consumers and their families very well, therefore being able to assist them better with anything they may need. The providers are very knowledgeable and dedicate their time to the consumers.

Cons

May become burned out with the workload.

Advice to Management

Learn everyone and their positions.

"Great job"

Pros

This was a great place to work. The case manager supervisor is excellent. You stay busy, by for the most part, it is not the kind of job where you bring home a lot of work stress. Training is very thorough. Case managers have a few days of training out of town and orientation where you learn more about the company and MindSet.

All of my coworkers were exceptional and seemed to love their jobs. It is a very rewarding job.

Cons

Pay is very low.

Advice to Management

Nothing. All of the managers I interacted with were extremely helpful, supportive, and encouraging.

"Sinking Ship"

Pros

Helping the Mentally Ill in 3 counties

Cons

Been an employee for over 3 yrs. The beginning was amazing than I have watch this company spiral out of control
    Horrible company with no leadership from the CEO down to the scheduling staff at EP. Supervisors get away with not doing anything. No leadership. No one listens to us about our concerns. Thousands spent on renovations for administration areas, $10000 spent on a board room table. Really?? We haven't had a raise in YEARS. Employee morale is at an all time low. I watch daily as consumers live in filth, are starving due to inadequate food and see staff assaulted too often. Management finds a way to blame staff for the assault and somehow that particular staff member who speaks up eventually disappears. Explain to me how a company that does not care about their consumers nor their staff is taking the monopoly in Mental Health services in this state. We are stuck. Something needs to be done!!! Can anyone hear us??

Advice to Management

LET THE STATE TAKE OVER ALTAPOINTE. This ship is sinking