Altaquip Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Warren Buffett

1. "Room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrison, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrison, OH

I have been working at Altaquip full-time

Pros

Ability to work independently, decent healthcare benefits.

Cons

No real opportunity for advancement, low wages and little to no raises. Very top heavy pay for management and upper management, etc. Weak typical PTO.

Advice to Management

No real room for advancement, especially w/out bachelors degree. Very disappointing for a low caliber company who should value loyalty and experience. Buck the current corporate trend of overpaid inexperienced or incompetent management and extend opportunities to those who have shown loyalty and proven accomplishents. Reward these employees with higher pay and incentive. Overall company success will increase significantly, use the "top 50 companies to work for "as a model, a very high percentage of those companies value they're employees and back it up, i.e. Good wages, benefits, bonuses, incentives.

2. "Too much B.S. and not enough professionalism."

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Houston, TX

I worked at Altaquip full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hourly pay is adequate at best. 4 day work week.

Cons

Extremely long hours. No benefits. 30 min break deducted from pay even if there's no time to take it. Services a home improvement customer that disrespectful and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Don't ask drivers to do what you wouldn't. Lead by example.
    Know the realities of performing this job. Don't b.s. employees.

"Administrative Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Altaquip full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the coworkers like family

Cons

Too much politics
    Awful corporate
    Shady management

Advice to Management

Altaquip is going under for a reason. Everyone wants to point fingers instead of solve the actual problem. Too many scandals. Poor treatment to the technicians. They are treated like non human beings.

5. "High turn over long hours"

Former Employee - Assistant Service Center Manager in Cincinnati, MO
    Former Employee - Assistant Service Center Manager in Cincinnati, MO

I worked at Altaquip full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was ok for 40 hours of work, techs were great to work with . Good vacation time . Good advancement when you work hard

Cons

Work from 4am-8pm manager failed to take responsibility and played the good old boy game, got demoted several times even though he is incompetent .

Advice to Management

Train your techs

6. "Enjoyed my 3 years with Altaquip"

Former Employee - Technician in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Technician in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Altaquip full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    Good benefits
    Opportunities to advance

Cons

UPH expectations
    Lack of work after loosing a big contract

Advice to Management

I started with Altaquip in my area the first year it opened. 3 years later we are closing due to volumes. Once we lost our contract with a big provider it went downhill. Lack of work big time! Walk in business was/is a joke. While I'm upset to be loosing my job I would come back to Altaquip if they ever came back to my area.

7. "Better off elsewhere"

I worked at Altaquip full-time

Pros

none, none, none, none, none. Glassdoor requires a minimum number of words.

Cons

constant turnover at all levels of the company. Presidents come and go.

Advice to Management

With the constant turnover at all levels, management both local and at corporate why bother.

8. "I've been with Altaquip for over 4 years."

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Mount Juliet, TN
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Mount Juliet, TN

I have been working at Altaquip (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally on your own to complete deliveries. I usually complete my route well before scheduled time.

Cons

Long hours most of the time and very underpaid for the amount of work done during the day.

Advice to Management

Get management that is as concerned about the employees as they are about the customers. Never get any praise for a job well done, it's simply expected, yet slackers don't ever get repremanded.

9. "Keep Looking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Met some really great people that cared about there job and the company.

Cons

They do not care about you - unless you happen to make it into THE LUCKY CLICK you are a no one and they do not care about or how hard you have worked, how long you have been there your out when there many budget cuts, season comes around.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people - some have weathered a lot there but you do not care.

Oct 28, 2015 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your review and we hear you loud and clear. Internal communication among employees is something we are improving for years to come. We care about the well being and work life of all ... More

10. "Company is folding"

Current Employee - Service Center Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Service Center Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Altaquip full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was great before they lost their number one contract

Cons

Since losing big contract: massive lay-offs, best employees left, cut back in hours, demanding more with less

Advice to Management

quit fooling yourselves

Oct 28, 2015 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your review and concern about the well being of Altaquip. Companies are constantly changing and we are one of them. We have successfully implemented new strategies to ensure the ... More

11. "Never consider this company Longterm"

Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Altaquip (More than a year)

Pros

Easy money and no accountability for you job. Just show up. HR is clueless and it takes forever to fire you.

Cons

Management is even more terrible. All the way down from the Center manager and District manager to corporate managers. Nationwide company and DM's control 8-10 states. Your DM only visits maybe once a year. I have never even seen the new CEO and its been over 1 year. This company makes promises and can never provide. The own so much debt they can't give out raises. They lost Home Depot and Sears contract and now just have Lowe's which barely is enough business. You barely get 40 hours and if you are then you're facility is probably so behind and unorganized that you hate working there because of the atmosphere of the company.

Advice to Management

It all starts from the top if you want to build at the bottom. When employees advise their concern, it should never be disregarded and ignored. Management is always coming up with wasteful ideas to chart performance, instead of leading a meeting time to insure each member how the process works and hold accountable for themselves what they are doing. If you want motivation them make it through a prideful individual competition. When managers show up late and don't run their facility because no DM or upper management holds accountable what the SCM does then how can a facility become profitable. SCM's are just like everyone else, what they can get away with, they will. There is no need to work harder with no incentive. So paying mangers high salaries to do nothing all day doesn't solve the companies problems. In fact anyone can do a managers job. Sit down and listen to CC's and once in awhile talk to RTM"s at Lowe's. The hard part is to operate a facility to work cohesively with unity to become profitable and expand business. STOP hiring mangers with LOWE'S/SEARS/HOME DEPOT backgrounds. This doesn't solve your problem. Just because the worked there doesn't make them cool. If they can't manage a higher volume retail store, then why do you let them come to Altaquip and run your business into the ground.

Oct 28, 2015 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your concerns about management and about Altaquip. We take issues with management roles very seriously, and we want to improve the situation. We are working on ways to manage ... More