KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Altavista Group Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2020

Found 26 of over 26 reviews

3.3
Altavista Group Owner & President Andres Ospina (no image)
Andres Ospina

Publicis Health

16 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Management is approachable and very involved with the office and every person's development as well.(in 3 reviews)
  • "The people are motivated and it has been one of the best professional experiences Ive had.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place

May 10, 2020 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

excellent management Knows what they are doing Good work life balance

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 1.0

A Complete Joke

Jun 7, 2018 - Account Executive in Newark, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Corporate Trainers were fine

Cons

It’s an overly uncompetitive job with a unrealistic pay scale. Lies, over saturation, you name it. This job is not for anyone who recently graduated from college with a degree.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great opportunity growth

Apr 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company to work, friendly team environment, great hands on training, you have the opportunity to grow within the company, equal opportunities for all. Management is approachable and very involved with the office and every person's development as well. Rapid growth opportunity.

Cons

The company is in a busy area.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Corporate Trainer

Apr 12, 2018 - Senior Corporate Trainer in Union City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Represent the best fortune 500 companies. Build a long term relationship between consumers and client. Gain knowledge and experience in the field of human resources Friendly atmosphere Learn how to become a leader and be recognized whenever you're doing a good job.

Cons

Very Competitive atmosphere. Position is for outgoing people.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Influential Company

Apr 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

•positive work environment • various opportunities for growth • great training from management • working with great companies

Cons

• work is everything • not for the shy individual

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The Management training program helps, if you're into business

Jun 23, 2017 - Corporate Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learnt a lot through the management training program since my Day 1 at AVG, my trainer and manager were very patient to help me, I got experiences in interviewing, training, and building a strong relationship.

Cons

High competition company, you will work under the pressure.

11 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible - and not in a good way

Jul 31, 2017 - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

They'll give you a job no matter what

Cons

Oh where to begin? i. It's a scam ii. They'll lie to you about what the job is iii. You won't make nearly as much money as they promise iv. It's a scam Seriously, if you're struggling for money, don't take this job. You're literally better off working a minimum-wage job, you'll make more money there.

24 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Staff/Management

Jun 6, 2017 - Account Executive in Newark, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Staff and Management are great people and a pleasure to work with. *Many but not all coworkers pleasant to work with. *Public Speaking/Sales Boot-camp *Optimal for ambitious, high-school grads with a lot of available time to work. *Opportunity to move up ladder quickly

Cons

*No Base Pay at lower ranks *Account Executive (entry level) not the most transparent in terms of responsibilities. *cut-throat, competitive environment *"Business of No's" *descent sized learning curve. *Management doesn't want to give too much responsibility to newcomers.

10 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Account Executive

Apr 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work they do is genuine! The methods however...are questionable.

Cons

The job description does not reflect what you are actually expected to do. If you have a college degree-- you're overqualified for the job.

9 people found this review helpful

Altavista Group Response

Owner

I guess we had some miscommunication. We are not only looking for sales, we are looking for people to manage, train and oversee campaigns. However, you have to go through the management training program first.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Office looks like the scam they are

Apr 11, 2017 - Customer Service Representative in Newark, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dirty Office. Bad Management/Office staff. Total scam.

Cons

They scam you to think through the webpage that they are a Great firm when in reality they do scam jobs and advertise like they have a salary base when in reality if you earn 200 p week you need to thank them. The Ceo is underprepared and in the lower level of knowledge, yes, he is trained to sell you the lies.

7 people found this review helpful

Altavista Group Response

Owner

Thank you so much for your reviews and opinions, we are slightly confused because you said it's a dirty office. We have a daily cleaning service, however, we will take that into consideration to improve our image. As for scam jobs, there must be a huge miscommunication, since we represent well-known fortune 500 companies. We take our client's representation and compensation seriously. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews