Alteryx Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Dean Stoecker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Company is growing and users love the product because it works" (in 9 reviews)

• "Great benefits (100% paid medical for employees)" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "The growing pains at Alteryx are totally normal for a tech company at this stage" (in 8 reviews)

• "Like any fast growing company, there are some pains associated with growth" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

I have been working at Alteryx full-time

Pros

Great people doing big things. You'll feel welcomed from day one. Hilariously awesome benefits. You are given every opportunity to shine and move up if you put in the work. I genuinely enjoy coming into work in the morning. Love my team.

Cons

Relaxed culture can sometimes attracts people who want to sit, play on their phones, and collect a check. We want good people we can enjoy the high times with, but you need to come ready to work first.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the transparency and your efforts to stay true to us employees while we pivot from a feisty startup to a publicly traded juggernaut.

2. "Gotta bring it every day!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most challenging job I've ever had. The company is growing quickly. Find the right people to connect with and you'll be well supported with your ideas to improve processes and be innovative. You will learn a ton if you like learning and are open to feedback on how you can improve in your role. The product is beloved by users which is pretty awesome to be part of.

Cons

Not a place to coast or take it easy. Feels pretty top down management wise in engineering. Thing move very quickly and it's not a suitable place for those that have difficulty adapting to frequent changes.

Advice to Management

Some additional benefits would be appreciated, such as bus passes for those of us that want to use public transit and more of a WFH culture.

3. "Great company and culture"

I have been working at Alteryx full-time

Pros

Fast growing company, amazing culture of like-minded people, and an incredible product that customers love! There is a lot of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Like any fast growing company, there are some pains associated with growth. In a rapid growth environment that's ever changing, you need to be flexible.

"This is the next great software company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge development technologies. Remote work flexibility. Startup feel. This place is full of truly brilliant people. Our customers are super passionate about the software. Tons of perks, great benefits. Tons of opportunity for career and personal growth. Alteryx is really going places and now is the time to hop on board. It's like joining Apple or Google in 1995.

Cons

Can be meeting-heavy. There can be breakdowns in communication. Growth means a lot of change. There are some who have a hard time changing (or frankly refuse to), and then get miffed and write fire and brimstone reviews.

Advice to Management

Don't just focus on perks and look at the entire employee perspective: work / life balance, career growth, etc. Reward your high performers. Focus on developing people, and hire more entry-level employees. Everyone needs to start somewhere.

"Aging sales leaders - low morale - poor company culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Software and location are good.

Cons

1. Inside sales mgmt is aging and worn.
    2. The culture is shoved down our throat as opposed to organic growth.
    3. Sales has low morale. Already losing great reps to competitors.
    4. Low pay=low talent. Some directors and managers barely have an education.

Advice to Management

Make changes. FAST.

6. "Alter Everything especially working for Alteryx"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is growing and users love the product because it works

Cons

Very monotonous, low value busy work.

Advice to Management

What management?

"Need More Youth within Inside Sales Management!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers, product, location, 401k match, strong customer base.

Cons

-Older Mgmt
    -Low morale
    -Low base

Advice to Management

Need more youth and energy within Inside Sales Management! Many of the young talented sales reps dread coming to work and having to report to some of the Senior Managers/Directors. Alteryx is already taking steps to address this issue with younger hires on the Commercial side however parts of Enterprise land and the LDR team still have very poor morale. And it seems as though a few young and proven All-Stars on the Enterprise team would be ready to take the jump to leadership today. Aside from this, the product is excellent, customers are great and CEO is awesome.

8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Solid product
    - Happy customers
    - Analyst have favorable things to say about the company and product, and also rank the company accordingly.
    - Stock doing well
    - Executives from founders/CEO still in place and doing well
    - Great envrinonment
    - Deals are getting bigger
    - Tremendous customer growth
    - Movement either lateral or up.

Cons

-Growing pains, due to success and IPO.
    -Internal systems need to be updated, for growth
    - Support/scalability, need to scale resources to keep pace with sales teams

Advice to Management

Bring in more resources. Other than that, this is really a great company to be with. Companies like this only come around so often.

"Trying to make the best of it"

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool software product, benefits, food and snacks, gym discount

Cons

Poor executive leadership driven by sales and popularity. Inexperienced and immature middle management. No matter how hard you work, you aren't recognized for your contributions. Merit increases and bonuses are paltry for the software industry. You are expected to work your tail off for very little in return.

Advice to Management

Stop telling people how they should feel lucky to work here and start appreciating them. It's exhausting to listen to the CEO, Directors or Managers talk about how lucky you are to work at Alteryx. Have you considered doing something nice for the people that work for Alteryx? A little kindness goes a long way.

"No career advancement and no employees investment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Free snacks
    CEO is down-to-earth
    Millennial type of environment

Cons

Alteryx is very top heavy. There are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Half of them are not even qualified as managers. Most of them do not care about their employees and need to take management classes.

One of their initiatives are to retain top talents but they are doing the opposite by pushing talents out. It doesn't matter how hard you work, it's hard to be promoted within. A perfect example (keeping this as anonymous as possible to avoid retaliation), a former manager was working tirelessly and invested in the company as he put in many hours + weekends. Not to mention that he was undervalued/underpaid. His boss is clueless on how valuable he’s to the company. Instead of promoting this former manager or getting him help, his boss decided to hire a Director without communicating to him. When the manager left, it was a huge blow to the department and they finally realized that he does a lot. Management also encourages us to talk to the direct manager for career path and promotions. Wait…What!? If I go to my manager and ask for a promotion, I’ll be labelled as high maintenance. Shouldn't it be the other way around since they have the authority? So backwards!

Directors and above get a way with so many things. Why? One simple answer, buddy system. It’s who you know instead of what you know. Most of Directors and VPs know each other. I guess it’s a common practice when a company goes public and becomes a cooperate world instead of a company that cares about their employees and promotes within.

Communication here is just plain bad. The root cause? You got managers and above that do not understand the word manage, and they all think we are mind readers. It’s rather simple don’t you think? We are not robots so please talk and treat us like human beings.

Advice to Management

Executives, Alteryx used to be a great company to work for but after seeing what happened to someone that we respect and love got burned (as described in the Cons section), I am uncertain on my future with Alteryx. How do I know the aforementioned won't happen to me? Please listen to your employees and fix this before things get worst. You know the problem and you know the ONE department/person that’s causing all of this ruckus. Please do something before you lose more talents.