Alteryx Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Alteryx CEO Dean Stoecker
Dean Stoecker
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains (normal for this stage) with internal resources(in 7 reviews)

• "Like any fast growing company, there are some pains associated with growth(in 5 reviews)

1. A salespersons dream job!

I have been working at Alteryx full-time

Pros

The leader in end to end self service analytics. Amazing software, happy customers, an energetic and cooperative sales environment, cool coworkers and management, generous commission plan and outstanding benefits.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Be wary of Management and HR

Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I would say the benefits are pretty good and software solves viable challenges. The location is a plus right in the heart of Irvine.

Cons

The managers here corroborate with HR and mask a lot of the internal issues which results in poor company culture with NPS scores well below average. NPS is defined as employees' willingness to be ambassadors for the company by advocating employment there. The base salary is below average compared to other tech companies which helps the company grow but in a chop shop type environment where employees don't enjoy their...

Advice to Management

Ask yourself if the culture and NPS scores would be so poor if employees actually enjoyed working for you.

Great company, hyper growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, salary, product, and leadership

Cons

None that I can think of

Would NOT Recommend to Work at Alteryx

Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Alteryx full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Great Software -Awesome benefits -Coworkers are fun to work with

Cons

-Company Culture is an absolute struggle here, it’s not comparable to the great cultures that exist at other Tech Companies -Not a Leader in the 2019 Gartner MQs

Advice to Management

The company culture here is debilitating. It needs to be fixed immediately. Maybe hire a third party consultant to help HR do their jobs more effectively and to help Management execute a better culture for the employees. Could be such a great company if it wasn’t for such a terrible culture. Don’t place blame on “hyper growth” for poor culture as that has very little to do with how employees are treated by management.

Great software, Good company

Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Alteryx full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great opportunity for starting out your career, lots of smart passionate people, most folks care and will collaborate.

Cons

A few bad apples in middle management.

Advice to Management

Be true to the mission of helping analysts do analytics, not just shareholders otherwise you'll continue to degrade the culture.

We Have Too Many White People, said HR

I worked at Alteryx full-time

Pros

No "pros" in this review.

Cons

In a meeting of hiring managers, HR announced that "we have too many white people". Engineering leadership then repeated this sentiment in a meeting of the whole department. I complained and was quickly fired.

Advice to Management

Employment discrimination on the basis of race or color, including white, is illegal.

Alteryx Response

September 17, 2018Director, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to further understand and address your concerns, as Alteryx prohibits discrimination of any type, and we are committed to providing a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. At Alteryx we are passionate ...

Gotta bring it every day!

Current Employee - Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most challenging job I've ever had. The company is growing quickly. Find the right people to connect with and you'll be well supported with your ideas to improve processes and be innovative. You will learn a ton if you like learning and are open to feedback on how you can improve in your role. The product is beloved by users which is pretty awesome to be part of.

Cons

Not a place to coast or take it easy. Feels pretty top down management wise in engineering. Thing move very quickly and it's not a suitable place for those that have difficulty adapting to frequent changes.

Advice to Management

Some additional benefits would be appreciated, such as bus passes for those of us that want to use public transit and more of a WFH culture.

Aging sales leaders - low morale - poor company culture

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Software and location are good.

Cons

1. Inside sales mgmt is aging and worn. 2. The culture is shoved down our throat as opposed to organic growth. 3. Sales has low morale. Already losing great reps to competitors. 4. Low pay=low talent. Some directors and managers barely have an education.

Advice to Management

Make changes. FAST.

Great company and culture

I have been working at Alteryx full-time

Pros

Fast growing company, amazing culture of like-minded people, and an incredible product that customers love! There is a lot of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Like any fast growing company, there are some pains associated with growth. In a rapid growth environment that's ever changing, you need to be flexible.

This is the next great software company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cutting edge development technologies. Remote work flexibility. Startup feel. This place is full of truly brilliant people. Our customers are super passionate about the software. Tons of perks, great benefits. Tons of opportunity for career and personal growth. Alteryx is really going places and now is the time to hop on board. It's like joining Apple or Google in 1995.

Cons

Can be meeting-heavy. There can be breakdowns in communication. Growth means a lot of change. There are some who have a hard time changing (or frankly refuse to), and then get miffed and write fire and brimstone reviews.

Advice to Management

Don't just focus on perks and look at the entire employee perspective: work / life balance, career growth, etc. Reward your high performers. Focus on developing people, and hire more entry-level employees. Everyone needs to start somewhere.

Found 125 reviews