Alteryx Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 13, 2018

3.6
Dean Stoecker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Company is growing and users love the product because it works" (in 11 reviews)

• "Great benefits (100% paid medical for employees)" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains still occurring (natural for high growth tech business)" (in 8 reviews)

• "Like any fast growing company, there are some pains associated with growth" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Overall a great company"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Alteryx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great earning potential.
    -Majority of colleagues and managers are awesome.
    -The software is truly incredible: customers love it, it sells with ease, and Alteryx is a leader in their market.

Cons

-Growing pains still occurring (natural for high growth tech business)

Advice to Management

It’s been an overall incredible experience for the 2 yrs and 9 months I’ve spent at Alteryx and I’d recommend anyone interested in technology sales to work for Alteryx.

Only advice to management is to move quicker with proactively addressing any challenges internally (examples: communication challenges, management issues, operational problems/processes)

"Great software, Good company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Alteryx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for starting out your career, lots of smart passionate people, most folks care and will collaborate.

Cons

A few bad apples in middle management.

Advice to Management

Be true to the mission of helping analysts do analytics, not just shareholders otherwise you'll continue to degrade the culture.

3. "A salespersons dream come true!"

Pros

Where to start? The technology platform has no equal or even legitimate rival, is loved by current customers and has such tremendous ROI that any data driven company would be crazy not to use it. Tremendous benefits, salary and generous commission structure. The office has a wonderful and positive energy with lots of happy employees who know how fortunate they are to work for this company. Leadership is engaged and friendly and there is gigantic growth potential for those willing to work hard for it.

Cons

I frankly can’t think of any cons.

"Gotta bring it every day!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most challenging job I've ever had. The company is growing quickly. Find the right people to connect with and you'll be well supported with your ideas to improve processes and be innovative. You will learn a ton if you like learning and are open to feedback on how you can improve in your role. The product is beloved by users which is pretty awesome to be part of.

Cons

Not a place to coast or take it easy. Feels pretty top down management wise in engineering. Thing move very quickly and it's not a suitable place for those that have difficulty adapting to frequent changes.

Advice to Management

Some additional benefits would be appreciated, such as bus passes for those of us that want to use public transit and more of a WFH culture.

"We Have Too Many White People, said HR"

I worked at Alteryx full-time

Pros

No "pros" in this review.

Cons

In a meeting of hiring managers, HR announced that "we have too many white people". Engineering leadership then repeated this sentiment in a meeting of the whole department. I complained and was quickly fired.

Advice to Management

Employment discrimination on the basis of race or color, including white, is illegal.

Alteryx Response

Sep 17, 2018 – Director, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to further understand and address your concerns, as Alteryx prohibits discrimination of any type, and we are committed to providing a work environment in... More

"Aging sales leaders - low morale - poor company culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Software and location are good.

Cons

1. Inside sales mgmt is aging and worn.
    2. The culture is shoved down our throat as opposed to organic growth.
    3. Sales has low morale. Already losing great reps to competitors.
    4. Low pay=low talent. Some directors and managers barely have an education.

Advice to Management

Make changes. FAST.

"Great company and culture"

I have been working at Alteryx full-time

Pros

Fast growing company, amazing culture of like-minded people, and an incredible product that customers love! There is a lot of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Like any fast growing company, there are some pains associated with growth. In a rapid growth environment that's ever changing, you need to be flexible.

"This is the next great software company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge development technologies. Remote work flexibility. Startup feel. This place is full of truly brilliant people. Our customers are super passionate about the software. Tons of perks, great benefits. Tons of opportunity for career and personal growth. Alteryx is really going places and now is the time to hop on board. It's like joining Apple or Google in 1995.

Cons

Can be meeting-heavy. There can be breakdowns in communication. Growth means a lot of change. There are some who have a hard time changing (or frankly refuse to), and then get miffed and write fire and brimstone reviews.

Advice to Management

Don't just focus on perks and look at the entire employee perspective: work / life balance, career growth, etc. Reward your high performers. Focus on developing people, and hire more entry-level employees. Everyone needs to start somewhere.

"Alter Everything especially working for Alteryx"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is growing and users love the product because it works

Cons

Very monotonous, low value busy work.

Advice to Management

What management?

"Trying to make the best of it"

I have been working at Alteryx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool software product, benefits, food and snacks, gym discount

Cons

Poor executive leadership driven by sales and popularity. Inexperienced and immature middle management. No matter how hard you work, you aren't recognized for your contributions. Merit increases and bonuses are paltry for the software industry. You are expected to work your tail off for very little in return.

Advice to Management

Stop telling people how they should feel lucky to work here and start appreciating them. It's exhausting to listen to the CEO, Directors or Managers talk about how lucky you are to work at Alteryx. Have you considered doing something nice for the people that work for Alteryx? A little kindness goes a long way.