Alteryx "company is growing" Reviews | Glassdoor

Alteryx Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Jun 1, 2019

3.5
Alteryx CEO Dean Stoecker (no image)
Dean Stoecker
Pros
  • "The company is growing and moving at a fast pace, so there is a lot of opportunity to contribute and have an impact(in 13 reviews)

• "Great benefits (100% paid medical for employees)(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some growing pains but nothing that can’t be managed(in 8 reviews)

• "Like any fast growing company, there are some pains associated with growth(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture Fast-growing company Lots of room for career growth

Cons

No outstanding cons at this time

Alteryx2019-06-02

"Exciting time to be here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is growing and moving at a fast pace, so there is a lot of opportunity to contribute and have an impact. The leadership is working to ensure that as we grow we are building processes to help us scale; they want to be sure we grow smartly and effectively. It is great to work with smart people and to be on a super supportive team.

Cons

I am on a strong team and don't really have anything I can think of as a con!

Advice to Management

Keep at it! We have a lot ahead and a lot of people who can make an impact!

Alteryx2019-05-22

"Gotta bring it every day!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most challenging job I've ever had. The company is growing quickly. Find the right people to connect with and you'll be well supported with your ideas to improve processes and be innovative. You will learn a ton if you like learning and are open to feedback on how you can improve in your role. The product is beloved by users which is pretty awesome to be part of.

Cons

Not a place to coast or take it easy. Feels pretty top down management wise in engineering. Thing move very quickly and it's not a suitable place for those that have difficulty adapting to frequent changes.

Advice to Management

Some additional benefits would be appreciated, such as bus passes for those of us that want to use public transit and more of a WFH culture.

Alteryx2018-08-17

"Great company and culture"

I have been working at Alteryx full-time

Pros

Fast growing company, amazing culture of like-minded people, and an incredible product that customers love! There is a lot of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Like any fast growing company, there are some pains associated with growth. In a rapid growth environment that's ever changing, you need to be flexible.

Alteryx2018-08-01

"Alter Everything especially working for Alteryx"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is growing and users love the product because it works

Cons

Very monotonous, low value busy work.

Advice to Management

What management?

Alteryx2018-08-08

"Alteryx is great!"

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Alteryx is great for a lot of different reasons. (1) It's in a fast-growing market and the company itself is rapidly growing - it's been cool to see the company grow and go public (2) There are a lot of smart, fun, hardworking people - I've built some great relationships with the people I work with, both on projects and outside of the office (3) There is a lot of opportunity - since the company is growing so... quickly, there are a lot of new projects to work on and I constantly see employees getting promoted.

Cons

No place is perfect and Alteryx has its faults, but the pros certainly outweigh the cons. The biggest con is the turnover. The company is in a transitional period going from a start-up to a publicly traded company and there have been a lot of people who unfortunately don't want to be part of the next phase.

Advice to Management

Keep the work hard - play hard culture. Keep attracting smart, hardworking and driven talent and pay for it.

Alteryx2017-12-05

"Fast Paced, Growing Company with Lots of Career Upside"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Alteryx is one of the few places where all aspects of a business are focused on the same thing - rapid growth of the number of happy customers. This has included how marketing invest, how the sales team is set up and how the product is developed. This provides a lot of clarity and focus for everyone. The company is growing really fast so there are lot of opportunities for people who are good at what they do.

Cons

As the company grows there is still a lot of change. This is inevitable when he company is expanding but also but can at times be painful for individual employees but if you are part of this type of company you have to expect that. There are some people for whom the fast pace can be overwhelming

Advice to Management

Keep focused on hiring quality people and on growing them. The new go to market model is working so the keep faith that the challenges that come with that will be resolved.

Alteryx2014-10-06

"Great Company, Lots of Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Alteryx is a a very fast growing market and is growing company so there is a lot of room for career growth. There is great leadership over the past couple years that has really driven, company awareness, sales execution and product vision. Great team of people to work with!

Cons

The advanced analytics space is growing quickly, so the company moves at a fast pace. Which is not necessarily a con, it keeps you on your toes.

Advice to Management

Make sure to continue to keep the employees and customers first, great, happy employees and customers, build great companies.

Alteryx2014-02-25

"Growing company with a great future."

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits (insurance, 401K, matching). Most of the leadership is very solid and focused. Places to move up if you fill the need. The company is growing quickly with a lot of opportunity and new positions.

Cons

Re-organization is common. High turnover in sales. Not a well known company yet.

Alteryx2013-11-08

"Once was a great company to work for but no more"

I have been working at Alteryx full-time

Pros

The company is growing and constantly changing. Often if you are in a bad situation it will change if you ride it out.

Cons

The company is being grown in order to be sold. A large number of VPs have been hired and the company is top-heavy. The CEO used to be in touch with what was going on but has become aloof. Employee morale has dropped like a rock in most departments and the best people are jumping ship.

Alteryx2013-11-10