Alteryx "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Alteryx Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Apr 18, 2019

3.5
Alteryx Chairman & CEO Dean Stoecker (no image)
Dean Stoecker
Pros
  • "The company is growing and moving at a fast pace, so there is a lot of opportunity to contribute and have an impact(in 13 reviews)

• "Great benefits (100% paid medical for employees)(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some growing pains but nothing that can’t be managed(in 8 reviews)

• "As this is a fast growing company the seniority of the company and the management need to balance the growth, and they do(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"Great company, hyper growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, salary, product, and leadership

Cons

None that I can think of

Alteryx2019-01-25

"Awesome in Irvine!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time

Pros

All the bad reviews seem to come from Broomfield office. I don't know what's going there, but things are great here in Irvine. I feel like the Glassdoor rating should be better than 4.0. - Organically growing fast with great products. - There is a sense of coolness working for this hot tech company. - Great people to work with. - They make you feel they care about employees. - Great benefits (100% paid... medical for employees). - Free drinks and snacks. - Training opportunities offered. - Latest technologies provided.

Cons

- The office temperature is a bit too cool for me, but I guess it's a personal preference thing. - If you want decent food for lunch, you would have to drive out of the area. It normally takes more than an hour to get back to work due to lack of good restaurants in the business park and multi-level parking structure. There is a cafeteria in the business park. But, it's not free and quality is bad.

Advice to Management

- Fix the problem in Broomfield fast! - Continue to build on the employee centric culture (there is still a lot of room for improvement). - Continue to improve the quality and quantity of the information shared.

Alteryx2018-04-15

"New hire ready to strive!"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interview process was smooth. Great benefits and compensation. Looking forward to a long term career and working with the team!

Cons

None that comes to mind.

Alteryx2018-02-27

"Incredible opportunity to sell and build a career at."

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredible culture, leadership, products and customers. A great place to build a career in the software business. The benefits are great too.

Cons

Some growing pains but nothing that can’t be managed. Typical pains at a high growth technology company. These are good problems to have.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on maintaining the culture

Alteryx2018-01-21

"Good aspects countered by toxic culture"

I have been working at Alteryx full-time

Pros

- Plenty of very smart, driven employees. - Great benefits. - Amazingly enthusiastic customer base. By and large, people seem to really like the product. - Pretty good PTO.

Cons

- Unresponsive upper management, at least in Engineering. Decisions are often made without adequately explaining reasoning or allowing for any feedback. Many employees are afraid of speaking up or mentioning certain sacred cow topics because of the possibility of retaliation, which does happen. Upper management will say that their doors are always open, but this isn't fostering communication- it's creating a... situation where the burden of fixing glaring issues falls on rank-and-file employees who face the risk of retaliation if they say the wrong thing. Issues don't get addressed; they get buried. - Despite having a lot of great employees, Alteryx doesn't seem to intent on keeping them. Employee turnover is high and morale, at least in large parts of the organization, is low. Responses from senior management have mostly consisted of talking about issues unrelated to problems employees are actually concerned about. The turnover issue is rarely discussed and, when it is, it's typically dismissed outright. - Profoundly outdated technology. The infrastructure related to things like testing, version control and builds is old, clunky and a significant drain on productivity. These complaints have been going around Engineering for a very long time, but senior management dismisses them every time they're brought up. - Favoritism. Echoing another reviewer here, I heard some employees complain about senior management picking favorites, but I thought it was just sour grapes on their part. After having worked here for some time, though, it's true- there's an inner circle at Alteryx and, if you're not part of it, good luck climbing the ladder. - Poor planning and resource allocation. It's not unusual to see teams have to change direction completely. Usually, this happens because of shifts in overall company priorities, but even priority areas often remain under-staffed and under-resourced while other projects lower on the list of priorities wind up stuffed to the gills with engineers. Increasingly, projects are being given ambitious deadlines before a clear plan of how to tackle the problem or what even needs to be done has been established.

Advice to Management

Alteryx has done a lot of things right, and we've got the earnings and customer passion to show for it. However, the dysfunctional culture in Engineering could wind up rotting things from the inside. You've got smart people- listen to their ideas and concerns, give them fully fleshed-out product road-maps, allocate your resources according to your priorities and modernize your infrastructure. When I started at... Alteryx, I thought it was the best job I've ever had; all these issues make it really difficult to stay optimistic.

Alteryx2017-11-26

"Once in a lifetime company to sell at!"

Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you have ever worked for a software company that didn't have a best in class product, then you will appreciate the opportunity to sell Alteryx. It is simply the best product on the market and is only getting better. Great culture, surrounded by like minded individuals, constantly pushing themselves and their teams to be better. Great benefits, and even better opportunity to establish a long term career. If... you like immersing yourself in your job, can't think of a better place to do it and learn about this incredible space on the way.

Cons

You have to play the "game" to move up.

Advice to Management

Keep listening, and keep doing a fantastic job at planning for the future of our platform. We won't always be the only player in the market.

Alteryx2017-12-05
  7. "Coolest tech company in Colorado"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart colleagues, awesome customers, fun culture, great benefits

Cons

Running low on space in office

Alteryx2017-06-23

"So far, so good!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Alteryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

- great product and growing market - our customers LOVE Alteryx - great silo of resources and tools to use in sales - manager collaboration is great - take feedback and ideas and actually run to implement them, not just looking for empty suggestions - comprehensive onboarding - great benefits - flexible work hours - great energy in the office and at all-hands meetings

Cons

- growing company, so you need to be okay with ambiguity sometimes - processes are in flux - a pro if you're about finding your own way and making suggestions, a con if you're less comfortable with figuring things out on your own - aggressive numbers - not for the faint of heart - some cliques, but that is everywhere

Advice to Management

keep the dialogue open with individual contributors and use their feedback as you set strategies

Alteryx2017-02-23

"Employee Benefits vs. Mgmt/HR Staff"

I worked at Alteryx full-time

Pros

Employee benefits are great and that's about it

Cons

Mgmt including HR Staff act oblivious to bully-ism and retaliation

Advice to Management

Be fair and just to your all employees; do not select or divide

Alteryx2017-01-31

"Great company with a bright future ahead"

Client Service Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Alteryx

Pros

The culture here is amazing everybody is so easy to talk to and its just fun to be in the office. The pay and benefits are great. The product is something that everyone can stand by and believe in. There is so much mobility in the company as well. If your not certain about your current role, you have the option to move into a different role. I'm really looking forward toward seeing this company grow and I'm so happy... to be a part of it.

Cons

None really, keep up the good work!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, don't start making an emphasis on meeting the numbers when sometimes those numbers can be obscure measurements of performance.

Alteryx2016-02-22