Altimetrik Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Raj Vattikuti

Pros
Cons
  • No cons experienced ,didn't find any (in 13 reviews)

• Pathetic work life balance in the account were I was recruited (in 6 reviews)

1. "Agile Project Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Altimetrik (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, nice people, beer Friday, Beer Pong

Cons

A lot of room for process improvement

2. "Simply a Body Shop Company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Be aware of, during interviews and hiring process they will tell the lie "We are a product based company" but only after joining you will find that it's a " Body Shop Company"

Cons

Simply a Body Shop Company

3. "Good to work"

Current Employee - Architect in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Architect in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Altimetrik (Less than a year)

Pros

nice to work, good env, good pay

Cons

No Cons in my case. good to work. .. .. ..

"Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Dearborn, MI

Pros

They leave you alone, mostly

Cons

They haven't a clue as to what you are working on.
    When my 6 year 100% billable project ended, the first words out of their mouth was COBRA and exit interview.
    What!!
    How about looking for a new assignment?
    HR contact is never at their desk and never returns e-mails.
    You have to monitor your payments - they sometimes "forget" to deposit your check.

Advice to Management

maybe it would be a good idea to have a non-developer type of person in the field.
    I saw many of the other vendors' contact people, not mine though. maybe once every couple years.

"Deadbeat ownership with little or no regard for staff -- RUN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Altimetrik full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promises of a wonderfully dynamic start-up environment where everyone will be able to actively contribute, where the status quo will be challenged and new technology will be created.

Cons

Founders completely and actively circumvent their staff including going on client sales meeting without sales people, last second impromtu meetings with clients at large salesforce events, complete and total disconnect with other business units and leveraging opportunities and synergies that may exist. THE FOUNDERS ARE WAITING TO CASH OUT. DO NOT APPLY HERE!

Advice to Management

Hire a real CEO to actively manage and organize the firm. Stop taking on clients that you cannot possibly support. Develop a career progression plan for your offshore staff so that they are not commoditized with massive turnover when they complete training. Remove yourselves from the business as this firm should be flourishing.

Altimetrik Response

May 27, 2014 – Chief People Officer

Dear Employee, I am grieved to note your concern and will be happy to discuss and help you. Please write to confidentiallyspeaking@altimetrik.com

7. "Software engineer"

I worked at Altimetrik full-time

Pros

Fast growing company.
    Working environment is fun, easy going.
    Nice management

Cons

Have to work real hard sometimes to show yourself. Expectations are high always.

8. "Associate Consultant"

I worked at Altimetrik full-time

Pros

Good Company to work with.
    Growing rapidly.

Cons

As far as I worked over there, no cons.

9. "BI"

Pros

this is a very good company

Cons

no cons and is a good company

Advice to Management

good company

"Most likely the most unprofessional company I have EVER worked for"

Pros

Bent over backwards to get me hired into an open hot account they were trying to fill which I was almost a perfect match for

Despite the strong India connection I got lucky and dealt only with people that had strong English skills, most of the other contract houses I have to do everything via email because I cant understand their representative nor can they understand me with my southern accent.

Cons

Altimetrik assigned all blame to me when my account ended. Or at least that's what I surmise, since nobody at Altimetrik would even extend the professional courtesy of speaking to me directly (or even an email) to let me know:
    A) what happened on said account (all I was told was that the client had changed their direction and didn't need contractors anymore, whatever that means),
     B) what, if anything I did wrong (I am perfectly capable and willing to accept any and all legitimate blame). ALL emails were not answered, and after getting into voicemail the first few times, my messages were not returned, and after three attempts they would not even answer my calls.
    C) Provide me with any performance feedback of any kind. Given the amount of time I was with the company I should of gotten some sort of performance review, I had none.
    D) Any type of confirmation that they would/were working with me going forward or not (I have to assume they don't want to work with me since they have completely ignored any of my attempts to reach out to them).

Additionally, during my tenure with the company the only time I heard from my account rep was when the Altimetrik timekeeping system messed up my timesheet (and he needed my hours so they could bill the client), which occurred pretty much every week or other week. The only way I could ever get an answer from my rep was through email and it normally took him a minimum of a week to respond, usually I could expect a two to three week delay in response. IF I did talk with him I always got the feeling that I was imposing on his time. I never got the impression that I mattered much to him or the company when dealing with him, he was always in a hurry to get somewhere or to take or return a call to somebody else.

Due to a series of buy-outs and mergers with other contract houses there were a number of different email extensions being used by Altimetrik which made it difficult at times contacting corporate staff. Example, my extension was @Altimetrik.com, as was my recruiters, someone in HR was #sonova.com, etc.

Advice to Management

You are in a people business. If you can not treat your employees professionally maybe you should consider another type of business to get into.

"Altimetrik does not care about it's contractors working at customer sites"

Current Employee - IT Contractor
    Current Employee - IT Contractor

I have been working at Altimetrik full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They leave you alone. This can be a double edged sword, but since they never show any concern for their contractors it works out because you aren't often reminded how it sucks to be locked into one of their contracts.

Cons

When Altimetrik bought out my former contract house they made no effort to welcome me to the new company. The impression I get from them is that as long as I'm making them money they have no need to check in with me and ensure I'm happy working for them. They offer no PTO, which makes for a poor work/life balance. They are evasive or unresponsive when I query them regarding any issues I'm having.

Advice to Management

Revamp your entire organization so that it puts value on your talent. Your employees go out every day to your customer's sites and represent you well, make you look good, and make you money. Give employees a feeling that you value their contribution to the company's success.

Altimetrik Response

May 7, 2015 – Chief People Officer

Dear Employee, thank you for the detailed feedback. Please meet our Chief People Experience or write to confidentiallyspeaking@altimetrik.com for detailed discussion.