AltisHR Recruitment Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

AltisHR Recruitment Consultant Reviews

Updated Oct 17, 2019

3.2
AltisHR CEO Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay
  1. "Great ATS, poor management"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I worked at AltisHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great employee culture Good training package

Cons

Poor commission system Inefficient management non-existent work/life balance

AltisHR2019-10-17

"Incredible Team of Professionals!"

Senior Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR

Pros

AltisHR offers top notch training that sets consultants up for incredible success. I owe my career growth and development to this brand that has helped many like myself flourish personally and professionally. Never have I ever and probably will never come across a company culture that is so genuine, rewarding and passionate. On the service side - they hold each and every practice to the highest importance ensuring... that client service is always seamless. I will miss the Altis team dearly.

Cons

No office in the Unites States.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing - the structure, training and true care for the team really sets the Altis team apart from any other staffing agency out there!

AltisHR2017-03-02

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment and Placement Consultant in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

AltisHR is the most incredible place to work. I've never had such a positive experience in the workplace. Our team is comprised of sales driven, happy and positive people. We all work as a team to help candidates get placed in jobs that are the best fit for them. There is a great balance between recruitment and sales. This balance allows consultants to understand their clients needs and find the best candidate for... their role. Management has created incentives to motivate consultants to do the best they can on a day to day basis and ensure that each employee is successful in their job.

Cons

If you're looking for a slow paced work environment this probably isn't the best fit for you. Consultants need to be driven and have the ability to multitask.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The Mississauga team wouldn't be the same without you

AltisHR2017-02-07

"Work hard - get paid"

Former Employee - Recruiting Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent training program, friendly environment, very professional, nice office. You are rewarded for your efforts in the form of commission so you get to decide how hard you want to work. Good management- they provide a lot of feedback that helps you grow. Female focused environment so fun shopping spree, other prizes and annual review is really fun ( you get s nice lunch out at a fancy restaurant) and a nice gift... like a wallet or a necklace. Young, fun environment and more professional than other staffing agencies. They hire a certain "fit"so you will probably make some great friends working there. Holiday parties and other company events are really fun and the owners of the company are really engaging. It's an inspiring environment and a great place to work where you feel cared for. Technology has been updated and the system is really good for recruiters. Personally, I liked the set formula, because I came into work everyday and knew exactly what to do. If you like being busy and making a difference then this job is for you! If you're lazy and want things handed to you or have a bad attitude then this is not the right place for you.

Cons

If you are not a driven, client focused person then this job is really not for you. Like any sales bases role, you have to put in a lot of work and pay attention to detail in order to make placements and be successful. Some people might interpret this as micro- management but reviewing your scrutiny and providing feedback is key to success in any sales / client focused environment. There is s set formula for success... so you need to follow it in order to make money which some people might not like. Yes, there are long hours but that is needed in your first couple of years to make a go of it. I don't know where you find a sales driven role that doesn't require hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees- the new generation is a bit different than the old. Keep adapting technology.

AltisHR2016-02-27

"Catty environment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gave me my 1st professional experience in Toronto. Beautiful offices in downtown location overseeing the CN tower.

Cons

High turnover. A lot of gossiping, seems like its high school sometimes, mean spirited. Management were cold and the individual that ran Toronto office had favourites, she also seemed to be under a lot of pressure. Dog eat Dog environment. Yikes

Advice to Management

Need to move with the times. Communication needs improvement.

AltisHR2016-03-02